(Topic ID: 132391)

Wanted: Looking for Tx-Sector Pinball Machine!

By TxPinball

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Colehvac1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Wanted

wanted

Looking for Tx-Sector Pinball Machine!$1000min

Added: July 6th, 2015 Ended: February 17th, 2017

Item description

Hi pinball friends! I'm looking for a Gottlieb Tx-Sector pinball machine working or not and can pay a minimum starting price of $1000, depending on condition. It can be in any state, since I will have it shipped or I can pickup if close by. I'm new here, however, I attend the local pinball shows and the Texas Pinball Festival too. Please message me if you have one for sale.
Thank you kindly,
Allan

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Houston, TX, US

Seller insights

These are TxPinball's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to TxPinball's stats page

2 months later
#2 3 years ago

Anyone have for sale?

#3 3 years ago

Hard game to buy right now, I think it's going to cost a bit more than a 1000.00. My guess is 1500-2000 if you can find a seller.

#4 3 years ago

Yeah, I probably wouldn't consider selling mine for less than $2k just based on what other machines I could even buy for that nowadays. The last one that sold before this one was over $2k too, so I imagine the sentiment is shared.

1 month later
#5 3 years ago

Ok, what price would you want Jakenjoi?
Or I could trade you a DMD game + $$$

#6 3 years ago

What DMDs do you have and are thinking of trading? I have a TX-sector and may be driving down to TPF so a deal could be worked out.

PM me if you want to discuss.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakenjoi:

The last one that sold before this one was over $2k too

last 2 verified sales for working Tx-sectors I know of were 2400 and 2500.

#8 3 years ago

Hey thats great whysnow. I will definitely be at the TPF 2016 just as I was there this year! Yeah, I tried to purchase the last one you had for sale. PM sent!

#9 3 years ago

Hey Colehvac1, $1000 is the minimum I can pay for the machine, just as the title says.
That means I'm willing to do more There are some that have sold for less than 1K on Craigslist, but you have to be a fast sharpshooter
to hit one of those!

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

last 2 verified sales for working Tx-sectors I know of were 2400 and 2500.

Where was the $2500 one? Did the one in MI sell recently? The one in CT was "only" $2100 And by only I mean every time this game sells it's basically a record high at least for recorded history and not the $7000 offers you keep turning down

#11 3 years ago

I want one but $2500 is ridiculous

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I want one but $2500 is ridiculous

agreed. I feel similar about many Sys11 games that I would like to own (and TX is even more rare than most of them).

reality is neither of us gets to set the market unfortunatley.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Where was the $2500 one?

KC area

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from TxPinball:

Yeah, I tried to purchase the last one you had for sale.

I have not sold a TX ever???

I do current have 2 of them (1 working and 1 not; currently). Eventually both will be working and I will sell/trade one of them.

#15 3 years ago

$2500 isn't realistic though. The market isn't dictating that price. Maybe one desperate guy paid 2k or more. I've had 3 people contact me that they are selling and not one of them has named a price. Seems like most people are just fishing for offers and I don't play that game. There's a few guys looking for one rather vocally so now everyone is trying to price pump this shit. For $2500 you can get a Radical, Dirty Harry, maybe a RBION, EATPM, nice Earthshaker...., TX isn't in that league. It's cool but its a lower tier game. . Hell you got yours for $750, right?

#16 3 years ago

TX Sector and Robo War have the most awesome MIDI music. Heck, even Raven has cool game music. Reminds me of an NES game.

I'd love to own this title, but agree that it's not worth $2K+, gameplay-wise.

#17 3 years ago

Hell you got yours for $750, right?

yup, 3 years ago, hacked and non-working.

Same time when nice ES were 1k, DH were 1400, etc...

If anything the reality is that TX is a tough to find game and many have realized it is super fun. Heck I love it so much that I bought a second just so I could combine to make one mint example (also have a NOS and cleared pf to go in at some point).

I understand that many just think "Gottlieb, LOL, it is not worth that" Reality is like everything; supply and demand is all that matters. Demand has gone up int he past few years as people have been able to play nice examples and realize it rocks (great gameplay like many sys11 style, amazing sounds, just plain fun and has that 'just 1 more' effect)!

I am not sure why supply is so low but I get teh impression that many went overseas originally and the pressboard cabs never held up well. They also did not earn well on route in the day so guessing many were parted?

#18 3 years ago

$2500 isn't realistic though. The market isn't dictating that price. Maybe one desperate guy paid 2k or more. I've had 3 people contact me that they are selling and not one of them has named a price. Seems like most people are just fishing for offers and I don't play that game.

Desperate guy here with $2k for a nice one. I'm part of the market! Any of those guys closer to the southeast?

I wanted the one near KC but even as a desperate guy, $2500 and a 12 hour drive is just too much. If my neighbor had a shopped, LED'd, NOS ramps and plastics TX-Sector $2500 would still be tempting.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

If my neighbor had a shopped, LED'd, NOS ramps and plastics TX-Sector $2500 would still be tempting.

Pimped with NOS stuff is one thing, I'm talking average. $2500 with a bunch of good stuff might have me thinking too. I still think average is 1500-1800, 2k tops. There are always exceptions though.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I wanted the one near KC but even as a desperate guy, $2500 and a 12 hour drive is just too much

And that's kinda my point.... desperate dude won't even pay that or go that far....

#21 3 years ago

I still think it's 1500-2k tops. There are always exceptions though.

Reality is the exception would be 1500.

I can tell you that TX-Sector and Centaur are the top 2 games I get cold calls (unsolicited PMs) about. Seems lots of people looking and 2000+ is the typical offer). You have to realize that there is a whole different world of people interested in working examples of rare games.

#22 3 years ago

And that's kinda my point.... desperate dude won't even pay that or go that far....

but the last 2 known sales both sold for 24-2500 and sold quickly? Seems liek lots of desperate people out there if we go by your assumptions

#23 3 years ago

We're probably both right to some degree... One day I'll own one, one day you'll sell one of yours... we'll both be happy.. Anyway I'm picking up an Arena tonight, so I'm pretty stoked!

#24 3 years ago

nice score!!!!

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nice score!!!!

Thanks! It doesn't boot and has some playfield wear, but for $400, what the hell! I'll have to learn how to work on Gottlieb but it shouldn't be too bad.

#26 3 years ago

It doesn't boot and has some playfield wear

seems pretty typical for the era. I am learning slowly, but it seems #1 is always do the gound mods and check connectors.

After that check the daughter board junk.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

seems pretty typical for the era. I am learning slowly, but it seems #1 is always do the gound mods and check connectors.
After that check the daughter board junk.

Thanks for the tips!

#28 3 years ago

pinball ninja has some good videos on it all.

#29 3 years ago

Thanks! It doesn't boot and has some playfield wear, but for $400, what the hell! I'll have to learn how to work on Gottlieb but it shouldn't be too bad.

Don't let all the stories scare you. The ground mods on 80B games are easy, just time consuming. The daughter boards are an easy fix with an aftermarket replacement board. The only real pains are sound issues as often the game sounds and/or music are missing and it could be a problem on one of three different boards or two wiring harnesses.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

The daughter boards are an easy fix with an aftermarket replacement board.

which board do you use?

also sorry to OP for the thread jacking, but at least it is keeping your WTB bumped

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

which board do you use?
also sorry to OP for the thread jacking, but at least it is keeping your WTB bumped

Last year I just searched Gottlieb 80B daughter board on eBay and it came right up. Bought it for $30 or $40 bucks. I can't find it anywhere now. Maybe the guy got shut down?

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yup, 3 years ago, hacked and non-working.
Same time when nice ES were 1k, DH were 1400, etc...
If anything the reality is that TX is a tough to find game and many have realized it is super fun. Heck I love it so much that I bought a second just so I could combine to make one mint example (also have a NOS and cleared pf to go in at some point).
I understand that many just think "Gottlieb, LOL, it is not worth that" Reality is like everything; supply and demand is all that matters. Demand has gone up int he past few years as people have been able to play nice examples and realize it rocks (great gameplay like many sys11 style, amazing sounds, just plain fun and has that 'just 1 more' effect)!
I am not sure why supply is so low but I get teh impression that many went overseas originally and the pressboard cabs never held up well. They also did not earn well on route in the day so guessing many were parted?

Like Hilton stated here and I know it sounds redundant - supply and demand

Believe me Herbert when I say this... this title is definitely worth overpaying for.

We all had done it one time or another. Looking for that one particular title FOREVER!!! You guys all seen my posts here and on RGP "WTB: Gottllieb Punk". When that baby came up for sale - I pounced on it. Look how long Neo has been looking for a Spooky here?

Sometimes you just open the wallet a little further for that title on your want list.

#33 3 years ago

"also sorry to OP for the thread jacking, but at least it is keeping your WTB bumped"
No problem at all my friend, no need for apologies. Exactly like you said, keeping the thread bumped .

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Last year I just searched Gottlieb 80B daughter board on eBay and it came right up. Bought it for $30 or $40 bucks. I can't find it anywhere now. Maybe the guy got shut down?

Fred Schwemmer (ebay userid johan6685) from Tooele, UT sells the daughter boards on ebay when he has them for around $20-$30 bucks and he will even program the PROMS to your game title. He specializes in Gottlieb system 80, 80a, and 80B boards. In fact he engineers his own design and sells them when he has them in stock on ebay. His Gottlieb MPU boards brand new are $200 and they are very high quality. He is a very nice guy and I have purchased boards from him before and his boards have LEDs on them, which display a nice light show when in action. TNT Amusements pinball purchases their Gottlieb boards from him and he can also repair boards too. Just message him on ebay if you need a certain Gottlieb board and I'm sure he can help you out. I like to watch TNT Pinball on youtube and Fred has some videos on there as well. Here is one of his sales currently running on ebay:
ebay.com link » Gottlieb System 80 80a 80b Pop Bumper Board Set New 5 Pcs

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from TxPinball:

Fred Schwemmer (ebay userid johan6685) from Tooele, UT sells the daughter boards on ebay when he has them for around $20-$30 bucks and he will even program the PROMS to your game title. He specializes in Gottlieb system 80, 80a, and 80B boards. In fact he engineers his own design and sells them when he has them in stock on ebay. His Gottlieb MPU boards brand new are $200 and they are very high quality. He is a very nice guy and I have purchased boards from him before and his boards have LEDs on them, which display a nice light show when in action. TNT Amusements pinball purchases their Gottlieb boards from him and he can also repair boards too. Just message him on ebay if you need a certain Gottlieb board and I'm sure he can help you out. I like to watch TNT Pinball on youtube and Fred has some videos on there as well. Here is one of his sales currently running on ebay:
ebay.com link ยป Gottlieb System 80 80a 80b Pop Bumper Board Set New 5 Pcs

That's actually where I got mine from. I didn't see any there today and couldn't find them wi a Google search either. I figured h had got shut down due to legal issues or something. I guess h was just out of stock earlier.

#36 3 years ago

Fred's boards are the best, I have two of them. One for my Robo War and the other for TX sector. In my opinion, I would pay $2000+ for a nice TX. Great game and it gets way more play then my Metallica, Creature, Space Station, EATPM, TFTC and Taxi.

#37 3 years ago

I did pay 1700.00 for my robowar that was a year ago. I'm not on the hunt for a Tx sector right now, but if one crossed my path for 2000.00 I would pay. Fred's boards are awesome, I bought one for my bone busters, it works flawless.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside