Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PB230206 (resized).JPG
34793EC3-DCBF-4EB2-9078-A2E2AB1214CD (resized).jpeg
327319839_695964438657056_9102087262674013729_n (resized).jpg
IMAG4298 (resized).jpg
PB050281 (resized).JPG
P2020006 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dayhuff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

If a standing offer from years ago of 100k was never accepted I don’t like your chances today.

$100K...........?? Really??? Do you have any links to this offer? Was it posted on Pinside or anything?

John

#15 1 year ago

Back when I was looking to buy a KK, there was only one marginally available and I worked the owner for YEARS trying to get a number out of him and to make him commit to it once he did put a number on it. Eventually we had a falling out over it that turned pretty ugly. I'm not into playing games, pinball yes but head games NO. A year later we got back together and he sold me a different one, one that I had not already seen in person until the day that I bought the game. Now I always loved the KK movie from 1976, not so much the original and certainly not any of the other remakes after the 1976 one. The fact that there were so few of the games made never really intrigued me that much, although it would be kinda cool that it was such a rare game but I was more after the theme then anything else, the rarity was just a bonus or icing on the cake if you will..., just like the Charlies Angels EM. Now back at that time in 2007 prices on games were pretty cheap or should I say there wasn't a frenzy of people buying games like they do now and especially for big money. Yes, the price was high for a game at that time but he knew I wanted it BAD and if I wanted it bad enough he knew I'd pay it and of course I didn't doubt for a minute that he had others ready to buy, especially over seas buyers which I know he dealt with a lot. I never once thought to myself back then that "hey, years from now that game will be worth way more then I paid for it", because back then and for many years later NOBODY gave that sorta thing a second thought and neither did I. It hasn't been until the last 8-9 years that people have been trying to buy the game from me and each time I've gotten a offer thrown at me it's always been for more money each time. Is there a number that I would sell it for?? Basically no. I don't NEED the money and if I did I'd sell off other things first then something that is so cool and rare and I also know I'll never get my hands on another one so replacing it later is not going to happen. Don't get me wrong the money would be nice but having the game is nicer at this point. Yes, someday they will all go in one big auction along with everything else but for right now I'm more then happy to keep it and the other games here for us all to enjoy.

John

P2020006 (resized).JPGP2020006 (resized).JPG

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I've seen a Charlies Angels EM is it really that Rare?
Not sure if this King Kong is the one that came thru town 4-5 years back. I'm assuming so.

The CA em. took me 12 years to find and I searched HARD. People here from RGP will remember. I've never once seen another one in person still to this day. All the shows, collections, warehouse raids, auctions, tips, leads and buying and selling over 680 games over the years....., not a single one. They are a unicorn for sure, more made then EM EK's and EM. Mata Hari's.......but yet harder to find. Probably because nobody cared about the CA games like they did the others so most of them got trashed.

John

PB050281 (resized).JPGPB050281 (resized).JPG
#20 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I've never understood why no one has tried to re-make, or at least homebrew this game. The demand is through the roof.

Eventually somebody will. It always seems to happen with anything rare or worth the big money, I've seen it happen more times with games, glasses, playfields, porcelain signs.... then I can count. You can't beat the original anything though, at least to a real purist.

John

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

Hep did one I believe. 9 or so total were made.

Yes, supposedly there were only nine made but they have never all been accounted for. Mine just happens to be #009 and is regarded as being the closest thing to the final version.

John

PB230206 (resized).JPGPB230206 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dayhuff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-king-kong-2?tu=dayhuff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.