Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PB230206 (resized).JPG
34793EC3-DCBF-4EB2-9078-A2E2AB1214CD (resized).jpeg
327319839_695964438657056_9102087262674013729_n (resized).jpg
IMAG4298 (resized).jpg
PB050281 (resized).JPG
P2020006 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Someone did flash the ROMs- it's up on ipmd. Someone should really remake this. Only issue would be the rights to "King Kong" that no one seems to know who owns (https://comicbook.com/movies/news/wild-and-complicated-story-of-the-rights-to-king-kong/) - who owns the rights to old Data East properties though?

I don’t know about Data East, but as long as a game did not use any element from any of the movies (1933, 1976, or 2005), and at least on paper said the game was based on the novelisation, whoever (re) made this would be free and clear. That’s not to say Universal wouldn’t TRY to sue… but they don’t have much of a leg to stand on as far as character rights after the Donkey Kong thing.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Speaking of Rights. I remember when I first joined pinside. There was a guy or company making Predator I think. If I recall he had a working game, looked cool with UV stealth modes, took deposits then at the end said he had to shut down because he forgot to get license? If I recall it got ugly.

Hoooooooo boy. You’ll find it if you search - I don’t think we want to mar this Wanted thread with that trash !

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-king-kong-2?tu=Rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.