You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0060 (resized).JPG
IMG_0070 (resized).JPG
IMG_0073 (resized).JPG
IMG_0068 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

Wanted: Joust Playfield > tell me your price

Added: 2018-03-13 17:09:32 UTC • Ended: April 26th, 2018

Price

Wanted

I am tired of waiting on CPR (not sure if they will ever be done) and just got word that a used one I thought was my best chance is no longer available.

I would like to get my joust up and running but need a playfield to bring it back to life.

Please let me know what you have.

Any condition is fine at this stage.

I have trades of other playfields, parts, possible games, or best and easiest is cold hard cash.

I will be attending Texas, MGC, and Allentown in the next few months so easy to pick up and you wont even need to deal with shipping.

I am of course happy to pay shipping and packaging costs also.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Whysnow's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Whysnow's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Madison, WI, US

#2 6 years ago

Are we talking the two player head to head Joust? I sold one about 3-4 years ago for $1500, down from $2K. It was NOS.

John

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Are we talking the two player head to head Joust? I sold one about 3-4 years ago for $1500, down from $2K. It was NOS.
John

Wow...NOS! Didn't think there were any out there for that title.

Maybe hook OP up with your buyer, in case his older playfields are decent/restorable?

Richard

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John

Yes, John, lookin for the 2 player head to head Joust.

If you can check with the buyer of your NOS and pass along info that would be appreciated. Getting even their old roached one by good

#5 6 years ago

If I see/recognize him at the Ohio show I'll hit him up for it...., it has been several years but we talked for a few shows after that so anything is possible. The playfield I sold him came directly from Steve Kordeks estate. Here's a few pics.

John

IMG_0068 (resized).JPGIMG_0068 (resized).JPG

IMG_0073 (resized).JPGIMG_0073 (resized).JPG

IMG_0070 (resized).JPGIMG_0070 (resized).JPG

IMG_0060 (resized).JPGIMG_0060 (resized).JPG

#7 6 years ago

I would have paid 1500 for that easy,and then had you give it directly to ron!

What a beauty!

#8 6 years ago

I tried to sell it at the time when there was rumors that CPR was going to remake it and every person I came in contact with said it's going to happen and how dare I ask so much. I told them no way as the demand was too low. You think CPR is sitting around saying, "Ok, which game should we make playfields for? TAF for the 20K+ games that are out there or should we make Joust for the 400 games that were made?". Hmm...??
Also it's a rare game and hard to find just the right guy that wants to front the cash for it especially if they don't even have the game yet. It sold at the Ohio show in 2015 just days after these pictures were taken. The time to buy is when you see it but I'll let you know if his old playfield is available.

John

#9 6 years ago

Thanks John.

I have owned my game for around a year now and have been looking solid for that year.
I have had 2 of them slip through my fingers and 1 that I thought was a sure thing that is no longer and option.

I really love this game ever since I went to Lyons a few years ago to play some heads up and Kevin cheered us on.

#10 6 years ago

I'd have to agree the likelihood of seeing a repro of those fields is pretty damn low. Same with the plastics...and the two big ones are often broken, the ones that serve as aprons, where that long skinny piece goes up the side of the playfield.

I've owned 2 Jousts but way back in the day before the prices went completely insane. Shipped my nice one to Darin from Phoenixarcade and the shipper managed to tip it off the end of the liftgate at the destination, broke the legs, smashed the glass, and busted up one of the lockdown bars. :/

Wouldn't mind owning another but it's not worth the price to me, these days.

Richard

#11 6 years ago

Plastics were rerun about 3 years or so ago. Got me a couple sets.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Plastics were rerun about 3 years or so ago. Got me a couple sets.

Wow! Including the aprons? Did they do a good job bending them to fit correctly? Seems like originals were also often warped.

Richard

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

Wow! Including the aprons? Did they do a good job bending them to fit correctly? Seems like originals were also often warped.
Richard

reproductions look GREAT!

I have a set and all my other parts sourced. Really just need to find a playfield in any condition. Then I will restore it. Honestly, a blown out pf would be fine as I may even consider doing custom art with that as a starting point.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

Richard

Somewhete on pinside is a thread about it. He had made wood jigs to bend the plastics once warmed. They do look good.

#15 6 years ago

So your existing playfield is so badly shot it is not restoreable or is it just missing?

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

So your existing playfield is so badly shot it is not restoreable or is it just missing?

My current pf is worn to wood, cupped inserts, etc...
Also super ground in dirt that wont come out and faded in spots.

In other words, not really a restoration candidate.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My current pf is worn to wood, cupped inserts, etc...
Also super ground in dirt that wont come out and faded in spots.
In other words, not really a restoration candidate.

Short of plys delaminating I didn't think any playfield was beyond restoration, especially for as difficult as this title is to find.

#18 6 years ago

bump

#19 6 years ago

bump

#20 6 years ago

ttt

#21 6 years ago

CPR graduated Joust from boutique.!!!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

CPR graduated Joust from boutique.!!!

yeah, very exciting!!!!

Still likely 3 years out?

#23 6 years ago

I have not ever seen one Joust. It’s a supply and demand. Not a lot out there for them (cpr) to benefit from making one. That’s my guess.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

I have not ever seen one Joust. It’s a supply and demand. Not a lot out there for them (cpr) to benefit from making one. That’s my guess.

They will officially be making them, as that is how it works once then get pu in full production cue.

There may not be a tone out there, but they almost all could use a new pf Some just need it more than others...

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Extremely small sample rate for your argument. I've owned two Joust pins so by that example there must be thousands of them out there (more than the production # of 402.)

For what it's worth my playfields were in pretty decent shape, one machine far better than the other, but neither in a condition that I'd think a restoration or swap would be necessary. It is exciting to think that high quality reproductions would some day be available, though!

Richard

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, very exciting!!!!
Still likely 3 years out?

I hope not .

#27 6 years ago

Got the word that the one I sold is hanging on the guys basement wall as wall art and may never be installed in the game....or that was the impression I got. Chances of him coming off it anytime soon are next to nothing. O'well I tried.

John

#28 6 years ago

Joust-r

Make it happen, CGC!

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Got the word that the one I sold is hanging on the guys basement wall as wall art and may never be installed in the game....or that was the impression I got. Chances of him coming off it anytime soon are next to nothing. O'well I tried.
John

Thanks for trying. Bummer. IF he wants to trade for some different wall art, I have plenty of stuff to offer...

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Joust-r
Make it happen, CGC!

That would be interesting. throw in Rat Race kit and you are set. I figure those were the only 2 games for that style of cabinet.

1 week later
#31 6 years ago

still looking.

Mirco is making these but I would still take a restorable original if anyone is considering selling.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-joust-playfield-tell-me-your-price and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.