Pinside_forum_2475447_509643.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
mart.gif
do-it-ben-stiller (resized).png
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
dodgeball-bold-strategy-cotton-meme.gif
7B85A29C-AF4E-476A-908B-B45F04DD3B34.gif

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 230 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 69 days ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Wanted: John Wick (LE)

Added: 2024-05-14 02:35:17 UTC • Ended: May 16th, 2024

Price

Wanted

Hello

I’m looking to buy a John Wick Le NIB

I’m willing to spend $11,000 firm shipped to Colorado.

Please message me directly if you’re looking to sell. This game will be for a location. Quick and easy

Thanks

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are V8haha's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to V8haha's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Frisco, CO, US

#2 68 days ago

Wait...what?
You want 2K off a new machine and delivered?
How entitled are you?
What am I missing here? Is it because it will be routed? Then you can pay full price because you're making income on it.

It can't be just me that is dumbfounded by this, so please educate all of us on your tactic.

If you actually get 2k off we all ask that you right down step by step so that we may follow your technique and get a great discount.
-Mike

P.S. I'm frustrated with new machine pricing too.

#3 68 days ago

I’ve got a foo fighters le for you. 7k and it’s yours. Quick and easy. Delivered.

#4 68 days ago

Smells like a setup distributors, tread carefully

#5 68 days ago
Quoted from ryank11379:

I’ve got a foo fighters le for you. 7k and it’s yours. Quick and easy. Delivered.

Damn! If you are serious that's a great deal!
I mean, I assume you are joking?

#6 68 days ago

I would also like new pinball machines at thousands below retail. Please see wishlist.

#7 68 days ago

It’s very simple. If a distributor wants to sell a LE for that price they can contact me. I’m well known with multiple distributors and have a large route in Colorado and building in California. I’m not low balling anyone, im not reaching out to adds making offers for LEs listed at $12,999. I’m making it known I’m a buyer if they want to privately make a deal. Think what you want and what i pay for machines is between me and the distributor. That being said i don’t like wasting my time or others.

I am not entitled $11,000 for a pinball machine is a lot of money and in business $11,000 in a bank account can be more useful then an item sitting in stock with an MSRP of $12,999

Yes this is going on location I’m letting them know that as i usually buy 2 to 3 copy’s of every release.

#8 68 days ago

Well there have been people on here motivated or desperate enough to move stuff at super low numbers. Kind of the opposite of a flipper market. It’s a wait around and find desperate people looking to sell market.

#9 68 days ago

Wanted: 16oz prime ribeye steak for $9.98
Wanted: 2024 Corvette for $10k
Wanted: 2 for $2 McDonalds Double Cheese Burgers

#10 68 days ago

Bold move!
Doesn’t hurt to ask
7B85A29C-AF4E-476A-908B-B45F04DD3B34.gif7B85A29C-AF4E-476A-908B-B45F04DD3B34.gif

#11 68 days ago

Is this the new Make a Wish thread?

#12 68 days ago

Could work. I'm all for it.

#13 68 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Could work. I'm all for it.

Doesn’t hurt to try!

#14 68 days ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Doesn’t hurt to try!

Anything with LE buyers or sellers is fair game. Always been silly on both sides.

#15 68 days ago

Shorting the John Wick stock. That’s a bold move.

I’ve got $10 that says you won’t get it. Who wants in?

#16 68 days ago

I think 10,500.00 firm is more realistic.

#17 68 days ago

If you get lucky and find a distributor to sell you a game let them know I'm looking for a Premium at $8K or a Pro at $6K firm delivered. The game isn't for location but I really like pinball.

#18 68 days ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I am not entitled $11,000 for a pinball machine is a lot of money and in business $11,000 in a bank account can be more useful then an item sitting in stock with an MSRP of $12,999.

What a great way for someone to run a business.

Just sell everything at a loss.

#19 68 days ago

putting an ad to negotiate a price is a good idea, ive been thinking about it for some time, cant hurt to start to do a little haggling. Might not go anywhere, but cant hurt!

#20 68 days ago

I just want another inch to make my wife happier.

#21 68 days ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I just want another inch to make my wife happier.

Nothing makes a wife happier.

#23 68 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

Bold move!
Doesn’t hurt to ask

People can give him shit but I tell ya what-I have gotten tons of things in life by simply asking. If you don't ask-you will not receive. You should see me when I buy new vehicles-my wife almost gets embarrassed by my over the top negotiation skills.

MSRP is for suckers btw

#24 68 days ago
dodgeball-bold-strategy-cotton-meme.gifdodgeball-bold-strategy-cotton-meme.gif
#25 68 days ago

Why is this frowned upon? Distributors didn't even have to work for the money the last few years. They acted like you were a nuisance if they had to do anything but take your order and have it shipped to you. I'm glad the tables have turned and they actually have to work to earn sales again. I saw a NIB Venom LE listed for $10,500 on pinside this morning from a distributor. Guess this wanted listing isn't too far off base?

#26 68 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Nothing makes a wife happier.

Too true!!

#27 68 days ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Why is this frowned upon? Distributors didn't even have to work for the money the last few years. They acted like you were a nuisance if they had to do anything but take your order and have it shipped to you. I'm glad the tables have turned and they actually have to work to earn sales again. I saw a NIB Venom LE listed for $10,500 on pinside this morning from a distributor. Guess this wanted listing isn't too far off base?

I completely agree I think all distributors should do it for the hobby man!!!

#28 68 days ago
Quoted from ryank11379:

lol is this real? I might have to be interested

#29 68 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

lol is this real? I might have to be interested

It’s an LE certificate, but yes.

#30 67 days ago

In my experience OP’s location games are always top notch & fully working. Good operator ( & good dude). I like his approach and look forward to finding a JWLe at one of his locations!

#31 67 days ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I don't necessarily think it's a bad tact, just a bit premature to ask for a game below Distributor cost before they are even on the assembly line. 6 months from now there may be Distributors looking to dump stock at a loss if the game isn't moving similar to Venom LE, it's just too soon to do it now.

#32 67 days ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

100%!

I think the OP post is a natural and smart move given the state of the pinball market.

The guy is an operator. Thus, he’s not interested in throwing $$$ away like some of us.

And one could argue he’s overpaying. Could be sub $10k within 6 months. Prob will be

#33 67 days ago

I’ll buy one for $10k shipped distributors while you are feeling generous!

#34 67 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

100%!
I think the OP post is a natural and smart move given the state of the pinball market.
The guy is an operator. Thus, he’s not interested in throwing $$$ away like some of us.
And one could argue he’s overpaying. Could be sub $10k within 6 months. Prob will be

Maybe he is a genius. V8haha is a national treasure. Show us the way.

#35 67 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Could be sub $10k within 6 months. Prob will be

I think this is pretty much guaranteed.

#36 67 days ago

Pinball Collectors - Prices suck
Pinball Op - WTB JWLE for 11k shipped
Pinball Collectors - You suck/entitled
Other people - ??????

#37 67 days ago
Quoted from V8haha:

t’s very simple. If a distributor wants to sell a LE for that price they can contact me. I’m well known with multiple distributors and have a large route in Colorado and building in California. I’m not low balling anyone, im not reaching out to adds making offers for LEs listed at $12,999. I’m making it known I’m a buyer if they want to privately make a deal. Think what you want and what i pay for machines is between me and the distributor. That being said i don’t like wasting my time or others.

I am not entitled $11,000 for a pinball machine is a lot of money and in business $11,000 in a bank account can be more useful then an item sitting in stock with an MSRP of $12,999

Yes this is going on location I’m letting them know that as i usually buy 2 to 3 copy’s of every release.

I actually agree with everything you wrote. All it takes is one distributor to open the floodgates of negotiating "manufacturer's SUGGESTED retail pricing."

#38 67 days ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Pinball Collectors - Prices suck
Pinball Op - WTB JWLE for 11k shipped
Pinball Collectors - You suck/entitled
Other people - ??????

Other people - indifferent.

#39 67 days ago

“Have we started the fire?”

IMG_9552 (resized).jpegIMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
#40 67 days ago

I’m just amazed that people truly think that distributors are paying more than $11,000 for LEs. Let me ease your minds the margins are better than you think. Most businesses need a larger margin then 18% to survive.

By all means if you’re willing to buy an LE for $11,000 or more make your own post… better yet post in this thread and beat me to the punch but I’m guessing 90% of people with negative comments aren’t ready to buy…

#41 67 days ago

Personally I think Stern needs to come down out of the clouds. LE's should be $9995, Premiums $7995 and Pros $5995
As it is now their sales are going to plummet

#42 67 days ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I’m just amazed that people truly think that distributors are paying more than $11,000 for LEs. Let me ease your minds the margins are better than you think. Most businesses need a larger margin then 18% to survive.
By all means if you’re willing to buy an LE for $11,000 or more make your own post… better yet post in this thread and beat me to the punch but I’m guessing 90% of people with negative comments aren’t ready to buy…

The distributor would also be paying for shipping and possibly tax below the $11k delivered cost that you are offering. But I agree that it is still too much. LE's shouldn't be more than $10k.

#43 67 days ago

Distributors pay 10.5 for an LE. It's doubtful you'll get one for 11 including shipping this early because they would barely be breaking even. I think you'll end up with one at this price or lower within 6 months.

#44 67 days ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I was thinking 10.5.

#45 67 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

Distributors pay 10.5 for an LE. It's doubtful you'll get one for 11 including shipping this early because they would barely be breaking even. I think you'll end up with one at this price or lower within 6 months.

If you factor in shipping, $250 direct from Stern or $500 two way (that Distros are now offering)

Their gross margins are 15.3% to 17.3%.

Add in overhead, rent, some payroll, finance charges, misc they gotta sell a lot of games.

Owning your own building and cash purchases are king.

The other guys might be getting desperate just to move some inventory.

Most likely, it’s the poor stiff that pays full price again and sells it after 50 plays for under $10k.

#46 67 days ago

In all honesty, I think Stern’s pricing on pros and prems are fine. The LE is supposed to right the ship off launch and it seems high for what little it has as over the prem imo. They have 500 employees and are the only company that gets pins right out the door and do it 4/5 times a year with the biggest themes. Basically life would suck without them doing what they’re doing don’t you think? Im baffled people have zero issue paying 14k for a TBL, 10 plus for a labyrnith or 10k for LT/TCM waiting a long time to receive them, but a Jaws/JW pro/ prems are too high? I think some slack needs cutting.

#47 67 days ago

If anyone is in Frisco Colorado Co Bar will have the new John wick pro next week and the LE on the floor shortly after.

We can close this thread as my game is purchased. Also that $10 bet against me can be donated to Pinside.

#48 67 days ago
Quoted from V8haha:

If anyone is in Frisco Colorado Co Bar will have the new John wick pro next week and the LE on the floor shortly after.
We can close this thread as my game is purchased. Also that $10 bet against me can be donated to Pinside.

#49 67 days ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Bravo! About to put my own ad up.

I’ll be in Breck last two weeks of June. Will come check it out and the rest of pins. And of course have some cold beer!

#50 67 days ago

Well done!

There are 230 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.