You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

come-on-down_a_GIFSoup.com.gif
Beer_Grundy.jpg
wheelchair.gif
Ironman_2010.jpg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Been play-n IM at different Locations ,, I Kinda want 1 now.. Routed , or HUO as long as it Plays and is in Good condition.. I Figure around $ 4K should get me 1 ( I hope ) Let me know !! B_R

Ironman_2010.jpgIronman_2010.jpg

#2 11 years ago

LOl, me too. Think I will have to put up the GnR for one. Or sell mine and just buy your IM after you do the lighting : )

#3 11 years ago

IM is a kick ass pin! Good luck finding one.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

IM is a kick ass pin! Good luck finding one.

I'll Find 1 some where ,, $$ Talk's

#5 11 years ago

I'd say you should have picked up the one at TPF but then you wouldn't have had anything to do to it. That was one nice IM! Best of luck with your search.

#6 11 years ago

I heard that Shane guy has a nice one.

#7 11 years ago

IM is really nice game, bought it two years ago and still enjoying it. It was my first NIB and it's staying for a very long time, GL BR

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I heard that Shane guy has a nice one.

Shanetastic does ,, He's 11 miles from me , i was there last-nite.. And Yes , IM is on 5-ball ...

#9 11 years ago

Still? Time to take the training wheels off!

#10 11 years ago

How many different versions did Stern make?

I know the Costco version is free play only, and has a blank coin door. Was that the only other flavour it came in?

#11 11 years ago

Quote: Jayhawkaki

---------------------------------------------

Not me ,, I'm Handicapped !!!!

wheelchair.gifwheelchair.gif

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

How many different versions did Stern make?
I know the Costco version is free play only, and has a blank coin door. Was that the only other flavour it came in?

Home Model , and High $$ Ironman ... Just like they did w/ BDK ..

#13 11 years ago

Save your money B_R, there are better ones out there.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Out-West:

Save your money B_R, there are better ones out there.

I heard that Out_West .. S,tastic's IM is Only 11 miles away , but i'd like to own it 1 tyme ..

Only if the Price & Condition is rite... Stay Cool in Californication !!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I like it just the way it is! I am not a hardcore 3 ball/open outlane/no extra balls type of person. I like beer and a good pinball challenge... but if it gets to be too frustrating, I don't like it so much. I like to leave my frustrating "challenges" at work.

#16 11 years ago

I like it just the way it is! I am not a hardcore 3 ball/open outlane/no extra balls type of person. I like beer and a good pinball challenge... but if it gets to be too frustrating, I don't like it so much. I like to leave my frustrating "challenges" at work.

And a " Big Hell Yea "

Beer_Grundy.jpgBeer_Grundy.jpg

#17 11 years ago

Hey, I just spotted this on the marketplace couldn't have been there more than an hour or two:

http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/2409

The price is right!

come-on-down_a_GIFSoup.com.gifcome-on-down_a_GIFSoup.com.gif

#18 11 years ago

The Page was Blank , and it say's he Listed it on January 1 , 1970 ..

#19 11 years ago

Looks like he deleted his account or something, but he was in DC and it was listed for $4K.

#20 11 years ago

Dag-nab it ,,,,,,,, Oh Well ... Maybe I'll take Out_west 's advice and Shop around ,, Unless

#21 11 years ago

It's a great game, but let's be honest - you're going to keep it for two weeks, then sell or trade for something else. Might as well search for something else now and just keep playing Shane's.

#22 11 years ago

You Reckon !!! You Know my Every Step by Now Don't ya .. I want to Own & Play as Many as I can

Keep 'em Circulating !!!!!!!!

#23 11 years ago

BR you can't even get a real feel for games after 1-2 weeks. You are missing out every time you sell a game so damn quick. Have you ever considered you are just getting bored of them too quickly with your 5 ball game times?

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Have you ever considered you are just getting bored of them too quickly with your 5 ball game times?

No , BSD has been on 5-ball for almost 3 Yr's now .. I Just Hunt , Shop , Play and Sell ,, I Keep Certain Titles Longer , and let the Rest go.. They Do go out Clean and 100% .. Several Here know that !! TZ I do miss tho... I'll get another 1-day ... I've had 3 .

#25 11 years ago

BR you could just wait a little and get a Avengers in a few months.

#26 11 years ago

I just picked up an Iron Man and I really enjoy it. I installed a shaker and it makes it adds a lot to the Iron Man experience. Its tough but can easily be modified to make it easier moving in the inlane posts , etc.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

I just picked up an Iron Man and I really enjoy it. I installed a shaker and it makes it adds a lot to the Iron Man experience. Its tough but can easily be modified to make it easier moving in the inlane posts , etc.

IM is one of those games where it's the most fun at the default settings. If you close the outlanes all the way and make it 5 ball, I'm sure it would get pretty boring (although so would a lot of games). It's meant for less than 5 minute games, so doing things that circumvent that would probably take away a lot of the 'one more time' appeal of it. I remember the first game I played on it, it was on one with the outlanes closed and set to 4 ball, I scored 44 million I think. Thought nothing more about the game, didn't even consider it for another 9 months, thought that it was kind of easy and nothing special. Then I played a 'factory' one and was like "wow, this so hard and awesome". I couldn't even score 5 million in my first 10 to 15 games, after like 25 games my high was only 10 million. Immediately started looking for one and ordered a NIB one shortly after that. Totally different game when the outlanes are open and on 3 ball, in fact I've never played a game that changes so dramatically with just outlane settings as IM.

#28 11 years ago

Which setting is the default for the outlanes? Its it the one that leaves the most space for the ball to drain?

#29 11 years ago

I wish I hadn't sold mine, and would buy it back in a heart beat. You'll enjoy it, andget your money back if you tire of it.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Which setting is the default for the outlanes? Its it the one that leaves the most space for the ball to drain?

I think it is the position next the the most open... still pretty darn WIDE.

#31 11 years ago

When I got my Iron Man (On Monday 4 days ago lol) It was set on the easiest outlane setting and set to 5 ball. I immediately changed it to 3 ball but have left the outlanes at the easiest setting. But after this thread I'm thinking of moving them out. The highest score I've had so far is 24 Million and change at these settings.

#32 11 years ago

I agree, IM is definitely a 3 ball pin. I can understand why people might want to put some pins on 5 balls in order to get deeper into the game and see/experience more of the deeper modes, but that really isn't required with IM. All it really takes is one good ball.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

All it really takes is one good ball.

I have yet to have a single good one on IM. I have never been so lost as to the goals. This is NOT a negative statement. Love the game.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I have yet to have a single good one on IM. I have never been so lost as to the goals. This is NOT a negative statement. Love the game.

Its really a pretty simple game to understand. To me its all about getting do or die. Sure Jericho is fun but even better if you can nail a do or die shot & make all scores double during Jericho.

I usually start by hammering away at the drones and ramp shots and make sure I get war machine MB lit then start Bogey at the ramps. Once thats running i'll start War Machine MB & while in that start hammering on Whiplash to try n stack both multiballs together.

Usually along the way you will be able to light Monger and have him ready at the center spinner (I prefer the harder setting to start Monger as I dont want to start it early by accident since it stops some of the other modes from being able to be started) The Iron Man stand up's usually take care of themselves also but you may need to pick off one or two to get all the modes completed on the 1 ball in order to qualify the Do or Die hurry up at the center spinner.

The key now is trying to get a ball trapped on your flipper in order to nail that shot & get into Jericho at 2x scoring. Not too many more satisfying shots in pinball like nailing do or die for a high total & then kicking some ass in Jericho.

Think my best combo of the 2 so far was getting a do or die jackpot of just under 30 mil & then almost completing Jericho for a total of just under 50 million with double scoring running. Needless to say that is my current GC score. Great game to play with friends so nobody is standing around too long waiting to play.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Its really a pretty simple game to understand. To me its all about getting do or die. Sure Jericho is fun but even better if you can nail a do or die shot & make all scores double during Jericho.

I usually start by hammering away at the drones and ramp shots and make sure I get war machine MB lit then start Bogey at the ramps. Once thats running i'll start War Machine MB & while in that start hammering on Whiplash to try n stack both multiballs together.

Usually along the way you will be able to light Monger and have him ready at the center spinner (I prefer the harder setting to start Monger as I dont want to start it early by accident since it stops some of the other modes from being able to be started) The Iron Man stand up's usually take care of themselves also but you may need to pick off one or two to get all the modes completed on the 1 ball in order to qualify the Do or Die hurry up at the center spinner.

The key now is trying to get a ball trapped on your flipper in order to nail that shot & get into Jericho at 2x scoring. Not too many more satisfying shots in pinball like nailing do or die for a high total & then kicking some ass in Jericho.

Think my best combo of the 2 so far was getting a do or die jackpot of just under 30 mil & then almost completing Jericho for a total of just under 50 million with double scoring running. Needless to say that is my current GC score. Great game to play with friends so nobody is standing around too long waiting to play.

Nice writeup.
This game is all about completing everything in 1 ball, a tough but acheivable goal and it is this that keeps me comming back and back for game after game.
As said above geting do or die in 1 ball and combining it with 2x scoring is a awesome feeling.
Since I purchased this game nib late last yr I can't stop playing it, I play it at least 10 times a day and have got do or die and jericho quite a few times and have completed jericho a couple of times.
You can also get monger ready before starting jericho so multiball will start once monger is beaten in jericho mode.
Warmachine multiball can also be stacked into Whiplash which is very cool.
My top score is 155million on 3 ball, all settings on hard, top post disabled to make skill shot harder and faster( recomended by a fellow pinsider) and the outlanes set one back from the fully open.
Fantastic and highly addictive pinball that will never be leaving my house.

#36 11 years ago

You don't have to get DoD to get big points. My GC score was from completing Jericho, which is worth twice as much. I once stacked fast scoring, bogey, war machine MB and whiplash MB for about 50M points. DoD is just a really nice reward when you have a great ball.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

You don't have to get DoD to get big points. My GC score was from completing Jericho, which is worth twice as much. I once stacked fast scoring, bogey, war machine MB and whiplash MB for about 50M points. DoD is just a really nice reward when you have a great ball

True but it is a hell of a thrill to have everything lit up plus Mark6 and then shoot the middle spinner for both modes. If you have 2x scoring as well and this happens even better.

#38 11 years ago

I agree with changing the monger difficulty to hard and disabling the orbit post. Big improvements.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

This game is all about completing everything in 1 ball, a tough but acheivable goal and it is this that keeps me comming back and back for game after game.

Exactly, which brings us back to the reason I said that there is no reason to put IM on 5 ball play.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I agree with changing the monger difficulty to hard and disabling the orbit post. Big improvements.

I think this is the way the game is meant to be played.

#41 11 years ago

Dang it, I need one!

#43 11 years ago

We are talking. I have someone looking at my GnR Sunday for a possible grade but that's plan B.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly, which brings us back to the reason I said that there is no reason to put IM on 5 ball play.

I agree with you 100% it's a 3 ball game all day.

#45 11 years ago

I think I'll set my Pins on 3-ball for a week and then come back Here and give my thoughts..

#46 11 years ago

Check out Raddroxx 's IM .... lOOks Great !!!!!!! And I think he Sold it too..

#47 11 years ago

Had some good games today on it...definitely changed my opinion of this game. You have to control the ball and be a nudge master. I enjoy fast games like this more so than that epic long 5 extra ball games.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

You don't have to get DoD to get big points. My GC score was from completing Jericho, which is worth twice as much. I once stacked fast scoring, bogey, war machine MB and whiplash MB for about 50M points. DoD is just a really nice reward when you have a great ball.

Totally agree. At some point, people got to thinking that DoD was it, the only goal in the game and that Iron Man had all goals reset per ball, when it really is only 1 of the 3 major wizard goals (DoD, Jericho, and DoD multiball). Which scores higher, jericho or DoD? Jericho does, and it can be done over multiple balls...so I'm not sure why everyone focuses on DoD. DoD multiball can also be done over multiple balls. So it's only the DoD where everything needs to be completed on one ball.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Totally agree. At some point, people got to thinking that DoD was it, the only goal in the game and that Iron Man had all goals reset per ball, when it really is only 1 of the 3 major wizard goals (DoD, Jericho, and DoD multiball). Which scores higher, jericho or DoD? Jericho does, and it can be done over multiple balls...so I'm not sure why everyone focuses on DoD. DoD multiball can also be done over multiple balls. So it's only the DoD where everything needs to be completed on one ball.

Sure Jericho scores more but why shouldnt you try for Do or Die since along the way your working towards Jericho. Plus the simple fact that if you do get a Do or Die Jackpot that all scores while in Jericho are doubled.

When I had my 1st Iron Man I completed Jericho while in 2X scoring and the score from that alone is well above most avg. games on IM.

Also saw Do or Die MB once on my old IM & was kinda disappointed in it. You really have to play the game a different way if your trying to get to Do or Die MB & it really isnt as fun.

Completing the 5 modes & nailing a Do or Die Jackpot is still to me the best feeling on IM. Completing Jericho is the same shot so you can say they are about equal I guess.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Sure Jericho scores more but why shouldnt you try for Do or Die since along the way your working towards Jericho. Plus the simple fact that if you do get a Do or Die Jackpot that all scores while in Jericho are doubled.
When I had my 1st Iron Man I completed Jericho while in 2X scoring and the score from that alone is well above most avg. games on IM.
Also saw Do or Die MB once on my old IM & was kinda disappointed in it. You really have to play the game a different way if your trying to get to Do or Die MB & it really isnt as fun.
Completing the 5 modes & nailing a Do or Die Jackpot is still to me the best feeling on IM. Completing Jericho is the same shot so you can say they are about equal I guess.

I'm not saying don't try for it, I think that too many people (non owners mainly) get caught up or focused on DoD and don't even realize that there's another wizard mode that scores just as many points.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-ironman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.