Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Pinsrgrt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Wanted: Prototype Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure

Added: 2019-12-13 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (March 17th, 2020) • Ended: April 28th, 2020

Price

Wanted

I am still in the market for an orginal WMS prototype IJ! Last time around I had several responses from people who had games with metal POA rails but that does not indicate a true prototype and in the end they had early sample games. So, I am still on the hunt for a true prototype and you have one for sale or know of one, let’s talk! Also would be interested in a just a NOS prototype playfield blank as well if I can’t find a complete game. I do want to thank all who responded the first time around and hope that this time I will find my “holy grail”!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Pinsrgrt's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Pinsrgrt's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Columbus, OH, US

#2 4 years ago

What do you really want? The metal rails on the mini PF and no extra buy in button? Or are you wanting an actual proto that has those as well along with the wider scarab beetle between the flippers and the differnt names of some of the characters? The first couple hundred off the line had those features minus the wide scarab and the different names.

1 week later
#3 4 years ago

Looking for a Christmas miracle for a true prototype and not just an early production one with the metal POA rails! Yes, wider scarab that extends beyond the flippers, “Dad” instead of “Dr. Jones” above the right flipper, red boards under the playfield and of course the metal POA rails & an “x” in the serial #!

I have had a lot of response but everyone who has a with game metal POA rails thinks that they have a prototype and that is not the case. I had one person with a true prototype contact me but it had a new playfield installed so lost all of those playfield differences! Then another one located but it has sentimental value to the owner so it is not for sale. So, I am still on the hunt for one!!!

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

Looking for a Christmas miracle for a true prototype and not just an early production one with the metal POA rails! Yes, wider scarab that extends beyond the flippers, “Dad” instead of “Dr. Jones” above the right flipper, red boards under the playfield and of course the metal POA rails & an “x” in the serial #!
I have had a lot of response but everyone who has a with game metal POA rails thinks that they have a prototype and that is not the case. I had one person with a true prototype contact me but it had a new playfield installed so lost all of those playfield differences! Then another one located but it has sentimental value to the owner so it is not for sale. So, I am still on the hunt for one!!!

Just curious: do you own any other Proto? Good luck for your research

#5 4 years ago

There’s a guy named Al who claims to have one on location in NYC.

Contact him through Brooklyn Pinball.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Just curious: do you own any other Proto? Good luck for your research

I did at one time have a true prototype IJ and let it go so trying to re-capture one until the day when it will be once again set free!

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s a guy named Al who claims to have one on location in NYC.
Contact him through Brooklyn Pinball.

Wow, a true prototype on location! I will check this lead out to see if it is indeed out there on location in NYC and if so see if they want to let it go either in a straight sale or in a trade for a HEP restored pin that I have!!!!

#9 4 years ago

If you find it, it would be great to share the differences and/pic to IPDB for references. It’s what I did with mine and I know some people interested as well. It’s part of pinball history.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

Yeah, most people don’t know the difference and just want the some of the features, that’s why I asked.

IJ is my favorite of the B/W pins, I’ve owned 9 IJ and restored a couple of those. I’d like a prototype too some say. I have a few original drawings for some of the parts on IJ, needless to say, I’m a fan.

#11 4 years ago

what's one of these worth? I know someone with a HUO proto with red boards etc.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Tell him Crazy Levi sent ya!!!!

Al at Brooklyn responded, he does not have a prototype any longer, he traded it off a few years ago!

So, still looking for that Christmas miracle!!!

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I would say: it depends first if the title is famous like WPC and if the differences are
Noticeable. I know for sure that TZ, MM, TOTAN, CV,FH, are the main target of prototype searcher. Price could increase a lot, it depends os rarity and buyers.

1 week later
#14 4 years ago

New Years Eve bump for a pickup in 2020!!!

2 weeks later
#15 4 years ago

First bump of the new year! Located 2 true prototypes but neither one is for sale so the quest continues!

1 month later
#16 4 years ago

St. Patrick’s Day bump. Still hunting for one of these!

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Well, if they are interested in selling then please give me their contact info so I can try to work out an all cash deal with them!

1 week later
#18 4 years ago

Pre-April Fools Day bump. Still looking for true prototype and not just a sample game which is what I am continued to be offered as people are fooled by the metal POA rails. So no more fooling, need that true prototype so I can end this grail quest!!!

#19 4 years ago

What are the differences between the production and prototype?

I’ve documented my CV proto on IPDB and here :

https://www.ipdb.org/files/4059/Bally_1997_Cirqus_Voltaire_Playfield_differences_between_prototype_sample_and_production_games.pdf

I would be really interested to know for the indy.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1267

Scroll down a little.

LTG : )

#21 4 years ago

Yes thanks but this is a sample, isn’t it? The CV proto and sample has a lot of differences for instance (not sure for Indy, See my link). The proto has red board.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

What are the differences between the production and prototype?
I’ve documented my CV proto on IPDB and here :
https://www.ipdb.org/files/4059/Bally_1997_Cirqus_Voltaire_Playfield_differences_between_prototype_sample_and_production_games.pdf

Well, the prototype will have the sample game features of the metal POA rails, lost plastic and light board behind it but then a prototype will have differences on the playfield such as insert text & color and the area above the right flipper will say “Dad” as opposed to “Dr. Jones” and the scarab/wings between the flipper tips & below is much bigger. Also of course the lamp boards under the playfield will be red and the serial # in the ID tag will have an “x” in it! This is as much as I can remember from when I had one of these many years ago.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

Well, the prototype will have the sample game features of the metal POA rails, lost plastic and light board behind it but then a prototype will have differences on the playfield such as insert text & color and the area above the right flipper will say “Dad” as opposed to “Dr. Jones” and the scarab/wings between the flipper tips & below is much bigger. Also of course the lamp boards under the playfield will be red and the serial # in the ID tag will have an “x” in it! This is as much as I can remember from when I had one of these many years ago.

Interesting. Thanks. If I heard of one for sale I’ll share the info.

1 week later
#24 4 years ago

Bump for an Easter miracle!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-indiana-jones-the-pinball-adventure-51?hl=pinsrgrt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.