• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PART951429897635561952015040795123647.jpg
PART_1429897607280_20150407_123625.jpg
1264472630.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

wanted

Haunted House WANTED - Location: Northeast USA

Added: April 2nd, 2015 Ended: April 22nd, 2015

Price

Wanted

Item description

Hello Pinsiders,

I am in the market for a Gottlieb Haunted House that is in good working and good looking condition, and may even be interested in a low priced project too. I know it's hard finding these units that meet all of the buyer's personal criteria, but I figured I'd lay out the details of the machine I truly want.

Even if your machine doesn't fit my description 100%, still feel free to message me. I'm just laying out my preferences just in case someone has one or something close to it that they are looking to sell.

I would prefer if the owner knows a bit about the machine's history if it's not HUO. Another preference would be for the machine to be aesthetically as original as possible. I don't mind LED lights (I can always go back to incandescent if desired) and wouldn't mind if the appropriate internal upgrades were made (ground mods, power supply, up-kicker coil replaced, etc.) but I'd like mine to look as much like the artist's original vision on the outside as possible. I'd rather not have extra lights or extra mods installed on the game than what was originally intended.

We live in the Allentown/Philadelphia region, but don't mind a little road trip if you aren't local.

Thank you!

Item photos

1264472630.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Philadelphia, PA, US

Seller insights

These are davebart5's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to davebart5's stats page

3 weeks later
#2 6 years ago

May want to check this out if you haven't already found one.

washingtondc.craigslist.org link

He lives near Hagerstown MD.

Thanks!!

Dan Heatherly

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

WantedHello Pinsiders,I am in the market for a Haunted House that is in good working and good looking condition. I know it's hard enough finding these units ready to go, let alone one that meets all of the buyer's personal criteria, but I figured I'd lay out the details of the machine I truly want. Even if your machine doesn't fit my description 100%, still feel free to message me. I'm just laying out my preferences just in case someone has one or something close to it that they are looking to sell.I would prefer if the owner knows a bit about the machine's history and/or be HUO. Another preference would for the machine to be aesthetically as original as possible. I wouldn't mind if the appropriate internal upgrades were made (ground mods, power supply, kicker coil replaced, etc.) but I'd like mine to look as much like the original artist's vision as possible. I'd rather not have different light colors than what was intended for this game.Thank you!

Linked to ad listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/18756
Added to the marketplace: April 2nd, 2015

Expand all images

Quoted from davebart5:

WantedHello Pinsiders,I am in the market for a Haunted House that is in good working and good looking condition. I know it's hard enough finding these units ready to go, let alone one that meets all of the buyer's personal criteria, but I figured I'd lay out the details of the machine I truly want. Even if your machine doesn't fit my description 100%, still feel free to message me. I'm just laying out my preferences just in case someone has one or something close to it that they are looking to sell.I would prefer if the owner knows a bit about the machine's history and/or be HUO. Another preference would for the machine to be aesthetically as original as possible. I wouldn't mind if the appropriate internal upgrades were made (ground mods, power supply, kicker coil replaced, etc.) but I'd like mine to look as much like the original artist's vision as possible. I'd rather not have different light colors than what was intended for this game.Thank you!

Linked to ad listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/18756
Added to the marketplace: April 2nd, 2015

Expand all images

You may want to just replace lights that are LED's yourself versus making it a requirement for a machine to not have them.

#4 6 years ago

Pinsiders looking out for Pinsiders! Thank you for the heads up on this. And yes, trading out the lights myself wouldn't be an issue. I like that he has all of the mods and nice upgrades done to get this bulletproofed, and it seems this might have been a complete overhaul for the guy bringing something back from the dead. I definitely praise his work and restoration efforts.

I am considering this one, but $2500 is a little above my budget. Based on all of my research, comparing past machines available, comparing sold prices, I feel it's a little high leaning toward retail levels here. With no reference to the machine available, I don't agree that $2356 is the worthy price of a non-working machine and feels it was a little overpriced whoever sold it. I could be wrong and would love to hear others opinions.

I sent the seller a message to see the boards and possibly a close-up of the playfields. For this price, I would expect the playfields to be a little worn but no major chips or spots bare down to the wood.

Again, despite my daily routines of extensive and thorough research into everything and anything HH, I am still new to it all and always look to lean on those with years of experience for proper insight.

Thank you!

3 weeks later
#5 6 years ago

Bump-Bump-Bump

#6 6 years ago

I have a really nice example but want 3K for it. It looks HUO, but I need to test it. It is in NJ. PART_1429897607280_20150407_123625.jpgPART951429897635561952015040795123647.jpg

#7 6 years ago

Higher than I want to spend on an HH. But it's always worth taking a look.

I'll pm you my email.

Thanks Pinaholic!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside