Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ToucanF16
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toucanf16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

#12 5 years ago

Hope you find one. I have a GP at HEP being restored now. Looking fo Space Mission/Odyssey as my next EM.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from rufessor:

I want HEP to post photos of that restore. Drool....

The GP restore starts about midway on page 4 of this thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/4

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Although GP isn't a bad game, in fact for 70s vintage it's one of the best multiplayers. But that's like saying a HEP restored Nascar is the nicest DMD game on the planet. But to some, it very well may be.
I had the same Grand Prix three times before we finally got tired of playing it, but some other EMs I have now are way better games and have been here much longer.
And most purists would prefer a non restored collector quality condition or even HUO game of this vintage or older. And they are out there, maybe not in big numbers, but staking their place as the nicest EMs on the planet.

I agree with @o-din. The HEP GP being restored is mine. I know there are better 70s pins and owning a non-restored collector quality original would be better. GP was the first pin I ever owned. It traveled the world with me through almost 20 years of military moves. I ended up selling it to make room for DMD games almost 20 years ago when I caught the pinball bug. I always missed that pin. Now I have room for more pins and even chased after some of the nice GPs from other pinsiders, but none would let their prized possession go (even at some ridiculous prices). I found this GP from a pinsider in Idaho, had it shipped directly to HEP and can’t wait to get to back. Now I’m looking for an Aztec or Space Mission/Odyssey!

I hope dontfeed can find a nice GP!

#27 5 years ago

One will show up. I had two back in the late nineties when I was living my in Absecon, NJ. One was the first pin I ever owned and I purchased a pretty nice donar game planning to restore the first one. I came to my senses and realized I’d never have time for the restoration and sold both on CL.

#32 5 years ago

dontfeed send me a PM. I may have a lead for you.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from rufessor:

RE above.... Shipping from Hong Kong could be brutal
Good luck in the search!

Yeah, it would be brutal! Fortunately, I gave the OP a lead on one in the states!

2 weeks later
#46 5 years ago
Quoted from rufessor:

Wow - 10K by Christmas. These are way harder to find than I would ever have guessed!

One will show up. I was impatient and bought mine from a pinsider in Idaho and had it shipped XC. About a week later one popped up a couple hundred miles away.

1 week later
#53 5 years ago

I had two at one time 15-20 years ago. A player and a project. I was gonna do a cabinet swap, but had not time and sold both! Missed it and bought one with 'issues' from another pinsider. I hope you find one. Its a fun game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toucanf16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-grand-prix-2?tu=toucanf16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.