1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Toucanf16
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Wanted

wanted

Wanted: Grand Prix

Added: October 1st, 2018

Item description

Looking for a Williams Grand Prix. Prefer it to be relatively close to Erie, PA.

Thanks.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an expired ad.

Item location

Wattsburg, PA, US

Seller insights

These are dontfeed's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to dontfeed's stats page

#4 1 year ago

Grand bump.

#5 1 year ago

Prix bump.

#6 1 year ago

I picked up a nice one at the Allentown show. To me, it's the best 4 player em game around. They are getting harder to find in good condition. Hope you find one.

#7 1 year ago

Its a great game. Mine is never leaving!

Good luck in the search- you will find one for sure just keep at it.

#8 1 year ago

I hate these kind of ads...agreed to sell mine to a friend at Expo in a couple weeks and sellers regret is already setting in. Lol. You will find one, they're still out there. Great game!

#10 1 year ago

Prix Grand bump.

#11 1 year ago

Monday Night Bump.

#12 1 year ago

Hope you find one. I have a GP at HEP being restored now. Looking fo Space Mission/Odyssey as my next EM.

#13 1 year ago

I want HEP to post photos of that restore. Drool....

#14 1 year ago

Twofor Tuesday bump.

#15 1 year ago

Wish you were closer.

lasvegas.craigslist.org link

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from rufessor:

I want HEP to post photos of that restore. Drool....

The GP restore starts about midway on page 4 of this thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/4

#17 1 year ago

Midweek bump.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Hope you find one. I have a GP at HEP being restored now. Looking fo Space Mission/Odyssey as my next EM.

I've been watching this restore. You should be proud, I don't think there is a nicer EM on the planet now. Looks amazing.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I don't think there is a nicer EM on the planet now

Although GP isn't a bad game, in fact for 70s vintage it's one of the best multiplayers. But that's like saying a HEP restored Nascar is the nicest DMD game on the planet. But to some, it very well may be.

I had the same Grand Prix three times before we finally got tired of playing it, but some other EMs I have now are way better games and have been here much longer.

And most purists would prefer a non restored collector quality condition or even HUO game of this vintage or older. And they are out there, maybe not in big numbers, but staking their place as the nicest EMs on the planet.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Although GP isn't a bad game, in fact for 70s vintage it's one of the best multiplayers. But that's like saying a HEP restored Nascar is the nicest DMD game on the planet. But to some, it very well may be.
I had the same Grand Prix three times before we finally got tired of playing it, but some other EMs I have now are way better games and have been here much longer.
And most purists would prefer a non restored collector quality condition or even HUO game of this vintage or older. And they are out there, maybe not in big numbers, but staking their place as the nicest EMs on the planet.

I agree with o-din. The HEP GP being restored is mine. I know there are better 70s pins and owning a non-restored collector quality original would be better. GP was the first pin I ever owned. It traveled the world with me through almost 20 years of military moves. I ended up selling it to make room for DMD games almost 20 years ago when I caught the pinball bug. I always missed that pin. Now I have room for more pins and even chased after some of the nice GPs from other pinsiders, but none would let their prized possession go (even at some ridiculous prices). I found this GP from a pinsider in Idaho, had it shipped directly to HEP and can’t wait to get to back. Now I’m looking for an Aztec or Space Mission/Odyssey!

I hope dontfeed can find a nice GP!

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

I know there are better 70s pins

To be fair I actually think Grand Prix is one of the best 70s games. It was one of my favorites. And it's great to see this one getting as much love as others put into more high dollar games. I'm loving it! Most got played a bunch, and yours will probably be the nicest one at least that I have seen, just like my restored Skateball may be the nicest one of those I have seen. Because nice originals of these titles are few and far between.

It's just when people say things like nicest "EM" on the planet, it's kind of a stretch just like saying my Skateball is the nicest "solid state" on the planet or a restored Nascar is the nicest "DMD" on the planet.

I think you know what I'm getting at. I've just seen EMs get bunched together like they are all the same title, but in reality there is way more diversity and more different EM titles than any other era of pinball.

But if squeakman thinks it is the nicest EM on the planet, then hats off to him for noticing and appreciating that. Mine is not the be all, end all opinion when it comes to EMs.

#22 1 year ago

I had a nice GP for many years and reluctantly sold it. I replaced it with an Argosy and have zero regrets. I would buy another Gran Prix if a deal fell in my lap but I’m not spending significant time or losing sleep over not owning one. Plus, I really doubt I would keep it longer than a couple hundred plays. It’s probably the best Williams EM spinner game but that’s about all it is to me. Also, I think I have 4 fellow pinball friends that own one. I can get my fill playing it here and there and be fine.

#23 1 year ago

Prix me bump.

#24 1 year ago

Weekend bumption.

#25 1 year ago

Grand Saturday bump.

#27 1 year ago

One will show up. I had two back in the late nineties when I was living my in Absecon, NJ. One was the first pin I ever owned and I purchased a pretty nice donar game planning to restore the first one. I came to my senses and realized I’d never have time for the restoration and sold both on CL.

#28 1 year ago

Sunday football bump.

#29 1 year ago

Where all the GP's at? BUMP

#30 1 year ago

Like me, most that has one likes theirs, and on top of that, it was my very first pin.
One was for sale here in N.Y. a few months ago. I'll keep an eye out..

#31 1 year ago

I have one that has been in my family since about 1979, second cousin got it from an operator here in Atlanta, then went to my Dad in about 1981 ish, then to me in about 1993 just after I bought my first pin for my newly renovated basement bar ( WMS Space Station) , been in my house ever since. Not restored, just plain original with new rubbers . I play it about once every 3 months to keep the contacts clean, and plan on keeping it for a good while. They are out there I guess. I think my pinside avatar might be the playfield shot, cant remember if I changed it along the way.
Joey P

#32 1 year ago

dontfeed send me a PM. I may have a lead for you.

#33 1 year ago

PM sent bump.

#34 1 year ago

RE above.... Shipping from Hong Kong could be brutal

Good luck in the search!

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from rufessor:

RE above.... Shipping from Hong Kong could be brutal
Good luck in the search!

Yeah, it would be brutal! Fortunately, I gave the OP a lead on one in the states!

#37 1 year ago

They're out there, but not close to me.

#38 1 year ago

The weekend before the weekend before Halloween bump.

#39 1 year ago

Rainy Saturday bump.

#40 1 year ago

Grey Sunday bumping.

#41 1 year ago

Midweek morning bumparoonie.

#42 1 year ago

Everybody's bumping for the weekend.

#43 1 year ago

Halloween scary bump in the night.

#44 1 year ago

Wow - 10K by Christmas. These are way harder to find than I would ever have guessed!

Good luck- if your were local I would say you can come play mine to help scratch this itch!

#45 1 year ago

Freaky Friday bumping.

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from rufessor:

Wow - 10K by Christmas. These are way harder to find than I would ever have guessed!

One will show up. I was impatient and bought mine from a pinsider in Idaho and had it shipped XC. About a week later one popped up a couple hundred miles away.

#47 1 year ago

So true- any game your looking for is unobtanium until the day after you purchase another and have no cash or over spend to finally get one.

#48 1 year ago

Yeah, I'm being as patient as I can be.

#49 1 year ago

Nice one for sale in St. Louis for a great price stlouis.craigslist.org link

#50 1 year ago

Thats a great deal of its in as good a shape as those blurry pics seem to hint at- looks to be a survivor. Backglass is probably faded badly in the red lettering (they all are) and may have a few issues but the game looks really good.

Drive Drive Drive

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside