4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by xTheBlackKnightx
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Well, XM LE had the same demand.. and so did Hulk. Initial demand really has no bearing on future demand, it's all is how the game is received OVER TIME.

I've only been in the hobby a few years so that was before my time. GB seems a little different but your point is valid. I don't know if they will going for crazy money in the future but do think they will hold their value better than most LE's.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Exactly - same thing I've been saying. Buy a premium and put on LE decals, buy an LE backglass, and put on some green armor and you now have an LE (unless you truly value signatures on playfields). Heck, people with Trons bought the mods to make their machines close to the LE's, and that was a lot more work. With GB it's even easier, and cheaper.

Do you have any idea what Stern makes you go through to get LE decals? Certainly isn't a walk in the park like you are describing.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Do you have any idea what Stern makes you go through to get LE decals? Certainly isn't a walk in the park like you are describing.

I'm curious what do they make you do?

#54 4 years ago

You have to have proof you were badly damaged during shipping ive heard and even then you only get the damaged side.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

You have to prove that the originals were damaged or destroyed. If you broke your LE back glass you would have to send the broken pieces back to Stern to get a replacement (if they have any left). I was told that all the BIB back glass that were made as spares have been sold to replace broken originals so if you break your BIB glass your screwed!

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Not at all, so I've been schooled there. I figured if an LE owner wanted a set of extra decals for their machine for down the road, they would be readily available for purchase from Stern.

#57 4 years ago

So what would a GBLE Serial number 5 be worth?

#58 4 years ago

I think it too early to place value on these...even if it is a LE...they did 500.....not much difference than a premium. Time will tell on this version....but i think the hype will die down after some time.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I think it too early to place value on these...even if it is a LE...they did 500.....not much difference than a premium. Time will tell on this version....but i think the hype will die down after some time.

Did you just answer your own question?

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Stern's policy has always been the same.
Within 1-5 years of game release, replacements for backglasses are generally still available, unless the production numbers were very low.
However, there is NO guarantee, and the replacement MAY NOT be free, as this is at the discretion of Stern.
Proof with photos of ownership of the LE game, and proof of the shattered glass.
They do not require you to "send the glass" back (especially if they know who you are), but this is also dependent on which type of glass was broken as their production process has changed over time since Elvis(?)
Stern's latest backglass creations (ie decal on tempered glass) will shatter basically to diamonds.
I guess if Stern wants to go back to being REALLY difficult, you could put the glass in a few large ziplock bags.

Stern has "tightened their shot group" when it comes to LE specific spare parts in the last several of years, so if people believe they can just run around and snag GB LE decals/backglass and turn their game into a new version, they are not very well informed.
That includes immediate LE owners.
You need to have contacts within the industry and distribution.
If a future LE owner wants extra decals, they need to be "johnny on the spot" now.
Most of the LE cabinets were "one runs", and there are NO significant extras after the production is completed, as there is no reason to keep them beyond the handful that are made as backup extras for installation if the factory work screws up because Stern does not want to send out a LE with an $#@!ed up cabinet.
Extra backglass because you "want one"?
Forget it.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

naw, GB is the next Addams Family and GBLE is the next Addams Gold [with prettier artwork].

After all these years of you specifically being involved in this hobby (or your pre-order), do you REALLY believe this will happen?
Dry sarcasm?

Most Bally/Williams games have not been "dethroned"(or whatever term is preferred), contrary to whatever the latest generation may believe.

All the same machines keep right in pace with modern Stern in terms of pricing, and in the case of secondary USED sales (which you are personally aware) are being sold at roughly the same rate as new Stern machines (well particular titles, anyway).
In the private sales secondary market, prevalence is starting to tip in the direction of new Stern machines, and certainly less Bally/Williams but that is "flipping" of new collectors for a new toy. Some of it is of course based on game availability, but some of it is not.

This starts to sound like the the whole LCD will make DMDs worth less argument which is also a load of crap.
The System 11 (alpha numeric period) blip in the early 1990s when the DMD transition occurred did not hold.

GB will certainly be success and popular, but Stern will keep cranking them out until the market is satisfied.
Most people who REALLY want a GB will be able to easily get one when the new title game hype happens, and will include GB LE for around $8k.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside