(Topic ID: 157085)

Wanted: Ghostbusters LE (Stern, 2016)

By ff6735

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Wanted: Ghostbusters LE (Stern, 2016)

Added: 2016-04-10 15:40:17 UTC • Ended: April 26th, 2016

Price

Wanted

Add says it all. I'm looking for a GB LE.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are ff6735's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to ff6735's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Fort Myers, FL, US

#2 8 years ago

I know, I know.....should have ordered earlier. Stand in line even. Hey ya never know. If someone wants to bail or knows of a distributor that has one, feel free to PM me, I'm interested.

1 week later
#3 8 years ago

Bump, Still Looking

#4 8 years ago

For the record, offers to sell me your GBLE for $13,500 will not only be laughed at, but mocked relentlessly.

I know someone has one.....Bump

#5 8 years ago

Just wait until the hype dies down and buy a nice HUO one for about $7500. Its the flavor of the month...

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Just wait until the hype dies down and buy a nice HUO one for about $7500. Its the flavor of the month...

This ^^

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yup figured that's what may happen anyway, but figured I'd give it a try. That is the back plan.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I agree. A lot of hype over every new Stern, then once it's out, all is settled down.

#9 8 years ago

What's wrong with the Premium? Same game you're just paying for the green artwork. Save the cash and go premium. Don't be fooled by the hype.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

What's wrong with the Premium? Same game you're just paying for the green artwork. Save the cash and go premium. Don't be fooled by the hype.

Besides, I think the LE is the ugliest of the three of them. Premium would be the way I'd go (if I was going to buy one, and if I could afford it), but I think I'd try to get the Pro translite. I do think that's the nicest of them.

#11 8 years ago

I am sure some LE will come up for sale at some point but if this game is as good as the hype it may be awhile before 7500 LE people were paying msrp and over to get them but again gameplay will dictate price in the end.

#12 8 years ago

naw, GB is the next Addams Family and GBLE is the next Addams Gold [with prettier artwork].

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I am sure some LE will come up for sale at some point but if this game is as good as the hype it may be awhile before 7500 LE people were paying msrp and over to get them but again gameplay will dictate price in the end.

Thousands of Premiums will be made. Exactly the same game as the LE other than different artwork. This isn't a Tron situation...

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Thousands of Premiums will be made. Exactly the same game as the LE other than different artwork. This isn't a Tron situation...

Premium is on order. Was out of the country for the release. Just a preference. I can live with a premium certainly tho.

#15 8 years ago

And for those who think I made that number up from above. I no joke had some seller make me that generous offer to buy his at that. I laughed my balls off. Same joker has a WWE LE for sale at higher than NIB prices at automated, and we know they can be pricey.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

Premium is on order. Was out of the country for the release. Just a preference. I can live with a premium certainly tho.

Smart... as soon as Stern announces the next big title with the new LCD screen GB will be an afterthought. LE's will pop up for sale to fund the 'next great title'. Happens all the time.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I agree with all this but there is such a strong connection for many to ghostbusters that something about it being limited if only different in art leads people to wanting it even if it doesn't make sense. Ultimately It will be extremely few LE coming on the market that will keep the price up but time will tell if this is just another xmle.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

And for those who think I made that number up from above. I no joke had some seller make me that generous offer to buy his at that. I laughed my balls off. Same joker has a WWE LE for sale at higher than NIB prices at automated, and we know they can be pricey.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-wwe-wrestlemania-le-legends-of-wrestlemania-stern-2015

#20 8 years ago

I agree with you. The le is the way to go. It will be tough to get a new one in box. Apparently they sold out in 3 hours. My guess is a new in box will sell for 10k+. I got lucky and found one for 9K just recently. I only buy le's. Thankfully I can afford them. I work my ass off for sure. Good luck in your hunt for one.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I for lucky and found one for 9K.

Not sure I would call that lucky!

#22 8 years ago

When you're looking for pins to buy please call me! Who ya gonna call? TEEKEE!

#23 8 years ago

True. But my so called distributor screwed me. Better than nothing.

#24 8 years ago

Guess it's lucky if their 10k by christmas Just curious how did your so called distro screw you?

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

True. But my so called distributor screwed me.

WTF? He made you buy it?

Better than nothing? Buy a Premium... same game I hate to tell you.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Ouch
I hope he atleast used protection when he bent you over.

#27 8 years ago

Your best bet to get lined up for one before they ship is putting out a bounty. Most people aren't actively looking to dump their spot (I know I'm not!), and it seems as though there are several folks looking to grab one. Wave the cash and you'll get a bite for sure.

Or, as TeeKee said, scoop one for less than $8k in a month or 2.

The premium looks awesome, so I don't think you can lose no matter how you end up. Good luck!

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

#29 8 years ago

Did the international LEs sell out yet? If so, did they sell out as fast as the domestic ones?

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Did the international LEs sell out yet? If so, did they sell out as fast as the domestic ones?

No, but went in about 1 week down here - still pretty quick given the $12350 Aud price tag.

#31 8 years ago

I wonder how much different the backglass will look in person compared to the translite? In previous LE models the glass was much nicer.

#32 8 years ago

Interesting to see the speculation on how LE's will be $7500 and that they are the ugliest. They all sold out in less than 24 hours and one thread alone has over 12k posts.

The GB LE, in my opinion, has the best art work of any Stern pin ever made and it also has the most interesting toys. I will state that it will blow Tron out of the water for re-sale. I would not sell my spot for a $4k premium right now. It will be a keeper.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Interesting to see the speculation on how LE's will be $7500 and that they are the ugliest. They all sold out in less than 24 hours and one thread alone has over 12k posts.
The GB LE, in my opinion, has the best art work of any Stern pin ever made and it also has the most interesting toys. I will state that it will blow Tron out of the water for re-sale. I would not sell my spot for a $4k premium right now. It will be a keeper.

There is one big flaw in your "it will blow tron out of the water for re-sale" theory. Tron LE has unique GAMEPLAY and there is no premium that can be bought in place of the LE. I would guess that if the game is good, thousands of Premiums will be bought and readily available, and that cuts down on the potential for the LE to skyrocket like Tron did.

#34 8 years ago

I would not sell my spot for a $4k premium right now. It will be a keeper.

Really? That seems insane... anyone paying that kind of premium for the LE please PM me now!!!

As long as there is the Premium option unlike Tron it will keep LE prices in line. Yes, there will be a few who will overpay for the LE but we're just talking art package here otherwise Premium is the same.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

There is one big flaw in your "it will blow tron out of the water for re-sale" theory. Tron LE has unique GAMEPLAY and there is no premium that can be bought in place of the LE. I would guess that if the game is good, thousands of Premiums will be bought and readily available, and that cuts down on the potential for the LE to skyrocket like Tron did.

I generally agree, but Tron does not have the broad appeal that Ghostbusters does. The Pinhead/Ghostbusters fanboys alone suck up a portion of the LE sales.

As far as unique gameplay, that may not be the case when Tron VE Premium is released

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Tron VE Premium is released

Just wait for the GB VE... it will be a while yet but no way Stern passes up on this opportunity!

#37 8 years ago

I am planning on buying a premium, but I am still concerned about those slings. In my opinion the LE is ugly..........I wouldn't want it period! I would rather put my own custom armor on my premium.......Green is just not my cup of tea, had the same feeling about "Hulk" Avengers.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I am planning on buying a premium, but I am still concerned about those slings. In my opinion the LE is ugly..........

Well you're definitely in the minority. Its a great art package. Actually the Premium art package is pretty nice as well. Stern did a great job on this one all the way around. Hopefully the slings don't become the issue...

#39 8 years ago

They all sold out in less than 24 hours and one thread alone has over 12k posts.

I keep reading that they all sold out in 24 hours, but I got my LE days after they were announced.

#40 8 years ago

IMO, the only LE that is a must have over the premium is Star Trek.

Stern should've really put in side rails that light up on the LE as your catching a ghost. That would've set the LE sand premium apart.

#41 8 years ago

Wasn't their a post early on release day, that the LE will have additional coded
"Mode" or coded reactions, in display or music?
I could be wrong....

#42 8 years ago

It's all about supply and demand. Tron LE has a strong demand and is in short supply. How can you guys say GBLE will not have a demand when it sold out in an instant and people are still trying to get one? I rather have a premium but obviously a lot of people like the LE.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

It's all about supply and demand. Tron LE has a strong demand and is in short supply. How can you guys say GBLE will not have a demand when it sold out in an instant and people are still trying to get one? I rather have a premium but obviously a lot of people like the LE.

Well, XM LE had the same demand.. and so did Hulk. Initial demand really has no bearing on future demand, it's all is how the game is received OVER TIME.

#44 8 years ago

Metallica LE had the same initial LE frenzy, if not more so, is now a solid Top 10 pin, and still only sells for $7000-something. The desperate types who paid marked up prices didn't fare so well.

#45 8 years ago

I think the Tron LE day are over.

Metallica LE had the same initial LE frenzy as GB, if not more so, is now a solid Top 10 pin, and still only sells for $7000-something.

STLE looks WAY better than the other versions and still only sells for $7000-something.

Given the above examples, long-term speculation on new LEs seems pretty foolish to me. Any GBLE flippers should dump them fast before the euphoria wears off.

#46 8 years ago

Most believe the premium cabinet art is too blue.. And the pro or Le art to be better. Which was why most grabbed the le in two days...
With that said I know of only one person who got two with the intention of flipping the other but I don't know his asking price...
I guess the question is how much are u willing to pay over retail if at all...
My suggestion is like most wait for a used one

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

You solicited this offer. You are trying to buy something that sold out instantly, so of course responses are going to come in from people seeking a profit. You certainly can't expect one at "face" at this point, or anywhere close. Anybody who responds to your desperate plea at this point is going to expect to make some nice money on it, and you had to realize that when you made your post.

Kind if a dick move if you are being rude to people who respond, regardless of how high the price is. You can always make a counter offer rather than laughing your balls off or mocking anybody incessantly, or simply respectfully decline.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You solicited this offer. You are trying to buy something that sold out instantly, so of course responses are going to come in from people seeking a profit. You certainly can't expect one at "face" at this point, or anywhere close. Anybody who responds to your desperate plea at this point is going to expect to make some nice money on it, and you had to realize that when you made your post.
Kind if a dick move if you are being rude to people who respond, regardless of how high the price is. You can always make a counter offer rather than laughing your balls off or mocking anybody incessantly, or simply respectfully decline.

Desperate plea? Dick move? I actually did respectfully decline at first, until he continued to tell me how much he needed the money after I said "Thanks, but no thank you".
Thanks for emparting all of your wisdom on me tho

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Exactly - same thing I've been saying. Buy a premium and put on LE decals, buy an LE backglass, and put on some green armor and you now have an LE (unless you truly value signatures on playfields). Heck, people with Trons bought the mods to make their machines close to the LE's, and that was a lot more work. With GB it's even easier, and cheaper.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I think the Tron LE day are over.
Metallica LE had the same initial LE frenzy as GB, if not more so, is now a solid Top 10 pin, and still only sells for $7000-something.
STLE looks WAY better than the other versions and still only sells for $7000-something.
Given the above examples, long-term speculation on new LEs seems pretty foolish to me. Any GBLE flippers should dump them fast before the euphoria wears off.

When Stern announces next pin and the major changes are announced the old technology will come up for sale quickly!!!

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-ghostbusters-le-stern-2016/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.