(Topic ID: 127575)

Wanted: Funhouse Wanted - Looking for a fixer

By PatrickATX

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Funhouse Wanted

Added: 2015-05-14 18:52:25 UTC • Ended: July 26th, 2015

Price

Wanted

I'm new to the hobby, so this will be my first machine, but I am looking for just one title right now; Funhouse. I love it and would like to find one that plays but needs some work, with an eye on a "some day" restoration. I'm in Austin, TX so anything in the state would be great. Cash buyer.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are PatrickATX's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to PatrickATX's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Austin, TX, US

#2 8 years ago

Sadly , noones going to lay this one in your lap. The people who have these are already fixing them up to sell at 4x the cost and are actively scouring craigslist and everywhere else under the sun to beat you to it. Only way to win is to concede and pay more for one already fixed, or quit your day job and spend 24/7 scouring craigslist.

If someone wants to prove me wrong, I'm looking for a Stargate to fix up, would like to pay $750.

And go!

#3 8 years ago

being a funhouse owner I have to agree with DarkWizard...one thing to add though, even if you do find a beater, seems like the cost for a roached one is not cheap...

glw your search...funhouse is a great game

#4 8 years ago

Is a 4th Flipper okay or a dealbreaker

#5 8 years ago

Got one for around $2K (a bit more). Needed board work, new ramps, inserts shots and playfield either could use touch up and decaled inserts/clearcoat or replacement, cab decals faded/scratched/worn, etc. Not a great deal but par for the course for FH anymore it seems. Haven't decided yet but I have thought of giving it the best treatment. Thing is, a new PF would still be around $1K plus other parts and labor, cost of decals (and the new ramps I had to buy)...end game is if I did all that work and restored it to like new I would want more than $4k and wouldn't have any profit till it got upwards of $4K. That said, if you then considered labor (which for a full restore - not a shop job - is more than fair) then it would likely be upwards of $5-5.5K. Don't see many people realistically flipping these for 4x (at least that isn't really near the case when you consider the work and parts a worn FH would need to be nice).

#6 8 years ago

Thanks guys...I'm not looking to make any money in this hobby, so no worries there. I'm flexible on how much work needs to be done. I do like to bring things back from the dead, so that's why I said "fixer". $2k to get a fixer is actually reasonable to me for this game. I'm figuring a couple $k of work on a fixer too.

Slugmeister, PM me with more details. Wish I still lived in Seattle, but I'm in Austin now.

Patrick

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-funhouse-wanted-looking-for-a-fixer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.