3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Paragon4u
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 3 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Wanted

wanted

Wanted: Fathom

Added: December 27th, 2018 Ended: January 24th, 2019

Item description

Looking for a Fathom Pinball machine.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Woodcliff Lake, NJ, US

Seller insights

These are Barakawins1's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Barakawins1's stats page

#2 3 months ago

There’s a guy on here from warwick RI selling a project one. I looked at it today but passed, it’s more of a project than I want. Pm me if you want more details

#3 3 months ago

Hey, thanks for the info. I saw it. It's the one that sold real cheap on ebay and the guy is trying to flip for $4500, came down to $3000. I offered $2k max as it
needs a playfield swap. He's not responding so I passed.

#4 3 months ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Hey, thanks for the info. I saw it. It's the one that sold real cheap on ebay and the guy is trying to flip for $4500, came down to $3000. I offered $2k max as it
needs a playfield swap. He's not responding so I passed.

That one was pulled from ebay and sold offline (I think for 3k+ based on what I heard). Pretty sure you are never going to find even a project Fathom for under 3k... sorry but those evaporated a while ago. I would not expect him to even respond at a 2k offer either and honestly if that is where you think the market is on any Fathom then I dont think you are in the range of reality and probably in for a very long hunt.

With patience we all get lucky sometimes.

#5 3 months ago

Yeah, but at $3k you'll need a playfield, all new posts, rubbers, Led's and a ton of time or money to do the playfield swap. Time/Cost value is lost. You can pick
up a decent fathom for $4k - $4500 with an original playfield working needing minor touch up or a decent playfield. Not worth the work at $3k in my opinion.

#6 3 months ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Yeah, but at $3k you'll need a playfield, all new posts, rubbers, Led's and a ton of time or money to do the playfield swap. Time/Cost value is lost. You can pick
up a decent fathom for $4k - $4500 with an original playfield working needing minor touch up or a decent playfield. Not worth the work at $3k in my opinion.

yup, for 3k you are gonna have to do some work to either just make it play... or spend more time and money if you are wanting to restore...

for 2k, you are gonna be sitting with 2k and no game.

Toss up a WTB with $4500 as an offer and you may find someone looking to sell a nice playing original with all the typical things on the cosmetic end. If that is what you are looking for then I would just put that number up in the thread title. I have found it to be a good way to chum the waters when looking for a rare title in a specific condition.

#7 3 months ago

Yeah he bought it from whoever bought it off eBay. Definitely needs a Playfield the paint is flaky in spots but the game is complete. I passed at my original offer as it was too much work needed but at 2k I would have bought it that’s about where it will sell
Needs a couple displays too and wouldn’t boot although the board looked ok

#8 3 months ago

I agree that a Fathom for 2K or less is not going to happen unless you get VERY lucky. Took me years to find one. YEARS. You can just about build one from scratch for 5K, much easier than finding a used one for 2K.

#9 3 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I agree that a Fathom for 2K or less is not going to happen unless you get VERY lucky. Took me years to find one. YEARS. You can just about build one from scratch for 5K, much easier than finding a used one for 2K.

what is the hardest part to find currently to build one?

#10 3 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what is the hardest part to find currently to build one?

In line drop target assemblies are hard to track down for this game.

You can't really buy an insert panel or a complete wiring harness but with patience and time, you can build those yourself.
That's essentially what I had to do for my Defender.

The ball guides and everything else is available if you have the $ and time.

#11 3 months ago

I guess a CPR pf is a tough item to track down also?

harness is made by 1 person (but expensive and quite the wait)

#12 3 months ago

I don't know about the PF. I would think that a gold PF is hard to track down but I really don't know.

#13 3 months ago

FWIW, I have several Fathom parts available, including target mechs, if anyone is interested. I was going to build one, but found a player in its entirety.

#14 3 months ago

I was seriously tempted about buying the game but could not find a play field anywhere that does not mean one won’t come up because I know they’re out there but CPR and all related sources are sold out

#15 3 months ago

There was one on Ebay a few months ago it was not fully working and playfield was worn more than this one. I offered the guy $2500 when it was at almost a week in and was at around $1000 on the bids, he told me he would think about it, in the final seconds of the auction someone paid just over $3700. With this being said you might consider going up on your offer or make a trade. I could have got one around 4 years ago in simular condition for $2000 or a trade for a Royal Rumble that was about 6 hr drive one way, at the time my Wife wanted me to keep the Royal Rumble I regretted doing this because the price of Fathom continues to rise , and I had never even played one, I had been to several pinball shows and no one had brought one to the shows I attended . I finally played one in San Francisco at Free Gold Watch and that was it the hunt was on and also realized why this game is worn to the bare wood , because you want to play again and again Fathom is arguably the best 80's pin . I was lucky enough to find one recently with a perfect back glass very nice cabinet appears to be original paint that is at least an 8 and the original playfield with all the art and rich colors I bought the next gen. playfield protector for it I will clean it up and enjoy the hell out of this thing. Oh the price was fair but it was not cheap and shipping was $560 you might want to factor that in.

#16 3 months ago

I honestly think it's better getting a fathom for $4500 and not worry about electronics and playfield swap. They come up in decent condition for around that price unrestored. Factor in about $1500 for a playfield if you find one. Then new plastics, posts, time to remove everything, swap a playfield in and putting everything back together. Now, the board doesn't work and needs a display. More time and cost. If it came with a playfield for $4000 - $4200 yes it's worth it. Otherwise no way.

#17 3 months ago

All in all that is what happened I found one working in nice original condition , they do come up but you will have to be lucky cause the one I got had over 150 people making offers after the deal was made with the seller I was quick and at the right place at the right time type of thing . Hang in there and happy hunting they did make 3400 of them so they are out there.

#18 3 months ago

Oops correction they produced 3500 Fathoms that's still great odds to compare they only made 369 williams Defenders.

#19 3 months ago
Quoted from Paragon4u:

Oops correction they produced 3500 Fathoms that's still great odds to compare they only made 369 williams Defenders.

Trust me, they are both hard to find. I own both.

This is for two different reasons. The artwork, gameplay, and high demand for Fathom is what makes it very hard to find.

The rarity of the game is what makes defender hard to find.

#20 3 months ago

I traded a WhodunnIt for mine a few years ago. Blown out PF, but everything else was in good condition. At the time I thought it was a bit steep, but looking back, it was a good trade.

#21 3 months ago

I just sold m Fathom with CPR GOLD, new BG and apron for 5500 if that helps you judge at all. The machine I sold was a restoration one so the cabinet was repainted and all. By no means was it a HEP resto but good nonetheless. After pending the sale I had a few offers to sell it for 5750 and 6k. The buyer for 5500 came through so it went for the 5500.

#22 3 months ago

Sounds about right to me. I think 3500 for a blown out Fathom is about where we are at these days. 6K for a restored one is not out of the question.

#23 3 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

I just sold m Fathom with CPR GOLD, new BG and apron for 5500 if that helps you judge at all. The machine I sold was a restoration one so the cabinet was repainted and all. By no means was it a HEP resto but good nonetheless. After pending the sale I had a few offers to sell it for 5750 and 6k. The buyer for 5500 came through so it went for the 5500.

Man I wanted your Fathom , that would have been a good deal for me ,I already had one on the way it's nice but not as nice as the one you had , and now your saying it had a cpr gold playfield I would have felt better if it was a silver lol. Oh well I'm sure it made someone happy ....And from the photos looked Damm near high end restoration, I've seen others on here claiming that ,and they still did not look as good just my opinion .

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside