(Topic ID: 260488)

Wanted: Elvira's House of Horrors (Prem or LE)

By Completist

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Vino
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200719_145214 (resized).jpg
20200719_145251 (resized).jpg
20200719_145259 (resized).jpg
20200719_145355 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeathHimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#10 3 years ago

Although the side art on the LE is much nicer, the prem to me is the better deal. There is really no difference on the game play and playfield features. For $50.00 you can upgrade the speakers to those that are used in the LE models and for a few bucks more you can drop on the speaker light kit with the conversion speaker plates to 5.25".

Now if the choice comes down to Scared Stiff or House of Horrors, House of Horrors all the way. It keeps the same racy humor of scared stiff, with integrated video clips now, 11 more dead heads and way way deeper code after-all it's Lyman. I love scared stiff but don't see myself picking up another since we got EHOH. i admit though I do miss "Stop the spider" vs now it's "The hand of Fate" on the left outlane. Wish they had the wheel in gameplay rather then just a left outlane ball drain.

#12 3 years ago

Yep you need to play one now for sure that is at least at 0.97 or hopefully 0.98. Early on I passed on EHOH and though it was s bit of a rehashed Scared Stiff, boy did that turn around rather quickly. I went from meh to I must admit I want one to now owning one.

Yes SS is a bit on the shallow side, but still fun as hell with great adult humor. I'm really glad to see that Stern kept status quo with that and kept the racy humor flowing. The deadheads are virtual now, you now have 15 vs 6 in SS. The creatures that haunt Elvira's house are taken from 26 cheesy horror flicks with the exception of the original Night of the Living Dead which is cool, and there are tons of clips from them as well. Cassandra in an interview stated she made a million (figuratively of course) but a ton of video's and custom call outs for this game as well as Tim (The Stiff) and they are great.

All of this with a great flow from Dennis followed up with some fantastic artwork is a definite winner. I do consider myself a big William/Bally fan however I also do believe games have the ability to speak for themselves no matter who makes them and this game speaks volumes. Try to find one and check it out now with some of the latest code, if you were near me you are more then welcome to come see and play.

On another note, the build quality on this machine is pretty decent too. Stern seems to be moving back in the all wood production phase as of late and eliminating that press-wood board crap from years past.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeathHimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-elvira-s-house-of-horrors-premium-edition?tu=DeathHimself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.