New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 279324)

Wanted: Earthshaker

By VulpesMundi

8 days ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 minutes ago by wamonkey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6320 (resized).jpg
IMG_6319 (resized).jpg
IMG_6318 (resized).jpg
IMG_6317 (resized).jpg
IMG_6316 (resized).jpg
IMG_6315 (resized).jpg
IMG_6308 (resized).jpg
IMG_6307 (resized).jpg
IMG_6306 (resized).jpg
IMG_6305 (resized).jpg
IMG_6304 (resized).jpg
IMG_6303 (resized).jpg
IMG_6302 (resized).jpg
IMG_6301 (resized).jpg
IMG_6300 (resized).jpg
IMG_6299 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

#1 8 days ago

Price

Wanted

wanted

Wanted: Earthshaker

Added: October 12th, 2020

Item description

Greetings programs. I'm a first-time pinball buyer looking to start a collection. Earthshaker is my favorite machine from my childhood, so it seems like a good place to start. I'm looking for something in playable condition. If it needs some work, I'm willing to learn how to maintain machines as well. Willing to pick up or ship nationally, depending on how far. I live in Gresham, Oregon, which is a suburb of Portland. Paying cash, credit, or PayPal. Let me know what you've got and maybe we can work out a deal. Thanks in advance.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Shipping/pickup info

Pick up
Willing to ship mainland
Willing to ship overseas

Contact

Contact VulpesMundi via PinsideMail.

Contact seller

Item location

Gresham, OR, US

Seller insights

These are VulpesMundi's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to VulpesMundi's stats page

#2 2 days ago

Hi VM, I have a Earthshaker Ive been thinking of letting go. It is restored with cabinet decals, new plastics, new ramps, everything new on the top side, new legs. The BG has some flaking but its not bad. Plays super fast but can be slowed down a tad if the back leg levelers were lowered about a half inch. Id be happy to send you some pictures if you'd like. My cell is 863-860-6706 and my name is Leon. Ive been in the hobby now almost 20 years. I am leaving to Orlando tonight for a pinball event at The Pinball Lounge so if I can't get you pics today I will certainly do so tomorrow.

Take care,
Leon

#3 2 days ago

Awesome, nice to meet you Leon. I would certainly love to see some pics. Whenever you have time to get around to it. No rush. Thanks.

#4 1 day ago

There is some scratching on the inside of the cabinet and on the inside of the head - the right ramp rubbed on the inside, and the lift channel on the BG rubbed on the inside portion of the head. But overall the cabinet is very nice. The legs have the metal cabinet protectors that go on the cabinet but they slightly wrinkled the cab decals anyway. Playfield was airbrushed and clear coated, plays very fast and looks clean. I did have some bleed through on some of the insert art as pictured but its minor considering how the entire play field was in the beginning. By all means I am not selling this as a 'mint' condition game, it has flaws and such as sated but is overall an extremely nice example. It does NOT have the sinking building mod. All new plastics, ramps and topside hardware so everything is shiny. I can take pics of the boards if you like, and any of areas of concern too. Just let me know what you think.

IMG_6290 (resized).jpgIMG_6291 (resized).jpgIMG_6292 (resized).jpgIMG_6293 (resized).jpgIMG_6294 (resized).jpgIMG_6295 (resized).jpgIMG_6296 (resized).jpgIMG_6297 (resized).jpgIMG_6298 (resized).jpgIMG_6299 (resized).jpgIMG_6300 (resized).jpgIMG_6301 (resized).jpgIMG_6302 (resized).jpgIMG_6303 (resized).jpgIMG_6304 (resized).jpgIMG_6305 (resized).jpgIMG_6306 (resized).jpgIMG_6307 (resized).jpgIMG_6308 (resized).jpg

#5 1 day ago

Thanks for the pics. It's looking very nice so far. Though I trust the boards look fine with the effort you've put into this, I would appreciate seeing them. After that, perhaps we can talk negotiations. Thank you.

#6 1 day ago

I totally forgot until I opened the back box that the interconnect board is new. Here is the BB pics, if you need a specific pic just let me know.

IMG_6315 (resized).jpgIMG_6316 (resized).jpgIMG_6317 (resized).jpgIMG_6318 (resized).jpgIMG_6319 (resized).jpgIMG_6320 (resized).jpg
#7 11 hours ago

Thank you. If it isn't too much trouble, can you also take pictures of the backside of the boards? Thanks.

#8 11 hours ago

That's actually a shit ton of trouble....

#9 10 hours ago

Okay, sorry. Again, first time buyer so I didn't think how difficult that would be. Perhaps instead maybe a video of the game being played briefly? I think that'd be easier and shows without question that things are functioning properly. Locks, kickouts, the fault opening, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks.

#10 10 hours ago

vulpesmundi , hope you can get the pin. Welcome to the hobby!

#11 10 hours ago
Quoted from VulpesMundi:

Thank you. If it isn't too much trouble, can you also take pictures of the backside of the boards? Thanks.

No way I would do that. That damn MPU alone has about 14 connectors on it.

I admire your enthusiasm for Earthshaker but bear in mind there were over 5000 made and CPR has done runs of all the pieces needed for a restoration so nice examples are all over the place.

#12 2 hours ago

I have about 1000 pics of the restoration and looked for board pics and couldnt find any. It is a total pain to remove them but I understand wanting to know if there are any major hacks. To the best of my memory there was nothing sinister. Also I finished this restoration about three years ago and it has been through many hours of playing by friends and family since then. Never had an issue with the boards thankfully! Actually the best thing I did was buy a new interconnect for it, the originals are usually cooked. I can take a video for sure, let me figure out how to play and shoot the video and Ill post it.

#13 49 minutes ago
Quoted from ibis:

I can take a video for sure, let me figure out how to play and shoot the video and Ill post it.

Shoot it on your phone, upload to YouTube, post link. Pinside will automatically embed the video in the post.

#14 40 minutes ago

What a great first pin and looks good - all machines have some issue so don’t let that keep you away from it.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside