Wanted: Dr Dude Plastic Scans

By accidental

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi guys. I have a bunch of worn, cracked and broken plastics on my Dr Dude in the usual places (Excellent Ray VUK, drop target geek, shooter lane, big shot). I'd like to print my own replacements if anyone has any scans they can share. Please PM me if you have any leads!

If nobody has anything then I'll have to scan mine and photoshop the missing artwork.

1 week later
#2 9 years ago

I'm going to be fully shopping my Dr. Dude within the next 6 weeks and can scan them for you then (all of my plastics except the right slingshot are in very good scannable condition). If that's too long, understandable.

#3 9 years ago

Oh man, that would be hugely appreciated! I should really make a habit of scanning plastics for my games when I shop them out as well.

#4 9 years ago

I would be interested in a big shot plastic if you don't mind making a spare

#5 9 years ago

I have Illustrator art work for the sling shots that you can have if that is of any help.

#6 9 years ago

All my plastics are screwed and would also like a copy if the scans please, if possible?

#7 9 years ago

If you want the plastics quicker than six weeks, I can mail mine, but the big shot is cracked

#8 9 years ago

Just saw you are in Oz, but the offer stands if no one closer can help

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I'm going to be fully shopping my Dr. Dude within the next 6 weeks and can scan them for you then (all of my plastics except the right slingshot are in very good scannable condition). If that's too long, understandable.

I would be hugely interested in a scan of the drop target nerd plastic! Don't have a scan of an undamaged one to work with...

#10 9 years ago

I could use a scan of an undamaged Heart of rocknroll plastic.

#11 9 years ago

So my question is, and I hope this isn't stupid, how are you guys making your own plastics? Are they similar to OEM/WMS quality? It seems there is a pretty good demand for Dr. Dude plastics and nobody is making them on an official level as far as I know - but geez if the only hold up is a few good scans, maybe I'll shop my machine out sooner!

#12 9 years ago

I'm happy to wait for mrgreg's offer. I'm in no hurry! In fact my Dr Dude will be moving to a friends house while I build a new home so I won't be be able to install any new plastics for another 6 months or so.

I think I read that someone had donated Dr Dude Plastics to CPR so I guess we'll see some eventually. I really could do with a whole new set as most of mine are either cracked, chipped or worn in some way.

Quoted from mrgregb123:

So my question is, and I hope this isn't stupid, how are you guys making your own plastics? Are they similar to OEM/WMS quality?

I don't know about anyone else but I plan to make them using the same process as I make my JP mod, only with no acrylic on the back:

Print artwork on lightbox media with an adhesive layer applied to the top of it. Apply this to the underside of thin acrylic. Get laser cutter to cut the acrylic and artwork out and cut the holes as well. The challenge here is that I have to add bleed to the artwork because the laser cutting can end up 1mm or 2mm out across a job.

#13 9 years ago

If CPR are making them, I can wait too. If you would like a scan of a certain broken plastic email me.
I just totally restored my DD except for plastics, so happy to oblige.

#14 9 years ago

Thanks oldskool, I appreciate the offer.

I need scans of pretty much everything that isn't on the backboard, which is way too much trouble to ask you to go to

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Boards
PinSound

$ 18.95
4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-dr-dude-plastic-scans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.