8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Meatneck
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Wanted: Dolly Parton in Ohio and surrounding states

Added: 2016-04-03 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (May 16th, 2016) • Ended: December 2nd, 2016

Price

Wanted

So my friends wife wouldn't let him get a pinball machine... that is until we were at dinner and his wife mentioned she's a huge Dolly Parton Fan and I told her they make a pinball machine of her. She told me if I can find that one she'd let him have a machine. So I'm in search of a Dolly Parton in the Ohio, PA, WV, MI area. Help me help a brother out..... a boring pinball machine is better than no pinball machine.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are nikpinball's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to nikpinball's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Cleveland, OH, US

#2 8 years ago

For the record I would also like a Dolly machine because I also like Dolly There was one on Detroit CL about a year ago but was out of my price range.

#3 8 years ago

Good luck with your search! I have a Dolly Parton and love it! Talk about a fast and brutal game The word "Boring" is about the last word I would use to describe my Dolly

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

a boring pinball machine is better than no pinball machine.

Quoted from MikeS:

Good luck with your search! I have a Dolly Parton and love it! Talk about a fast and brutal game The word "Boring" is about the last word I would use to describe my Dolly

Mike beat me to it. We both own Dolly and there's no way mine is ever going anywhere. Mike has my old Dolly that I had for at least 10 years, and I replaced it with a Dolly prototype (I had two at one point). A lot of people seem to bash on this game and for a while it looked like many of survivors were going to be replaced by the Lost Vegas kit (which never happened). If you played it extensively and don't like it, cool - to each their own. Like Mike said, it's brutal if setup correctly - which is why I love it. Hope you find one and give it a chance - and if you don't like it, at least you can cross it off your list!

#5 8 years ago

I think this one suffers mostly from the Las Vegas style Dolly back glass. If it had looked more like the playfield Dolly (Hee Haw style) it probably would be ranked better. It's got in-line drops so the game play can't be too bad.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

I think this one suffers mostly from the Las Vegas style Dolly back glass. If it had looked more like the playfield Dolly (Hee Haw style) it probably would be ranked better

I agree. My prototype cabinet has the "Country" Dolly art with her playing guitar, which was removed from the production cabinet because Dolly was a "Vegas" girl and not a "Country" girl (from what I read).

Luckily, they agreed to keep the playfield art untouched but left the "Vegas" back glass. The original back glass art is "Country" girl, but I don't think any of those glasses even made it to the prototype stage. My proto back glass is the normal "Vegas" girl. I'd love to find one of the original back glasses but I think it only made it as far as concept art.

#7 8 years ago

My dolly is beat up. tape across the lowest part of the backglass (previous owner who also took white house paint to the cab) wore down to the wood in the top arch, between the pop bumpers, by the inlines, and almost every insert is cupped. but she is a tank. gets played the most, but I do less work on her than anything else. don't forget to switch the two lights where her boobies are with flashers..makes me giggle every time i turn on the machine

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-dolly-parton-in-ohio-and-surrounding-states and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.