(Topic ID: 140612)

Wanted: DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Jean-Luc-Picard

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 230 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RyanStl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151022_155514.jpg
    doctor_who_7.jpg
    Doctor_who_1.jpg
    decal.jpg
    sg2.jpg
    sg1.jpg
    PART_1445493545970_.IMG_20151021_225738.jpg
    PART_1445493454334_.IMG_20151021_225654.jpg
    PART_1445493318840_.IMG_20151021_225357.jpg
    PART_1445493233327_.IMG_20151021_225307.jpg
    PART_1445493181121_.IMG_20151021_225236.jpg
    PART_1445493152166_.IMG_20151021_225201.jpg
    PART_1445493109352_.IMG_20151021_225109.jpg
    20151017_141405.jpg
    20151016_161929.jpg
    Dylans_Dr_Who_341.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 230 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 8 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

There is one listed this morning on Mr pinball I think its in NJ
    $2795

Yep, already called him. He doesn't want to ship.

#102 8 years ago

Well if you are ever in Sac, you are welcome to stop by and play mine. It seems to be working OK at the moment.

#103 8 years ago

One of the best $2k pin I have ever bought

#104 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"Holy grail" pinball machines and finding them is part of the collecting experience. When you finally achieve your goal do not let them go so easily afterwords. Many people do, and regret it later.

LOL - we constantly seam to have this discussion with our home arcade about collecting vs hoarding. We've never let a pinball machine go yet, but have thought about it. We have however sold some of arcades though.

Also, we love our DW, and yes, it's a keeper. Was the first pin we bought together as a family.

#105 8 years ago
    Quoted from krivoap:

LOL - we constantly seam to have this discussion with our home arcade about collecting vs hoarding. We've never let a pinball machine go yet, but have though about it. We have however sold some of arcades though.
    Also, we love our DW, and yes, it's a keeper. Was the first pin we bought together as a family.

You didn't sell your black knight?

#106 8 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

That's a great question with a interesting story. Although I was briefly a partial owner during the acquisition process, a group of us gifted a Black Knight to some friends as a wedding present! I get to play it whenever I visit them, but have been looking for one on and off ever since.

#107 8 years ago
    Quoted from krivoap:

LOL - we constantly seam to have this discussion with our home arcade about collecting vs hoarding. We've never let a pinball machine go yet, but have thought about it. We have however sold some of arcades though.

If I find a good doctor. I certainly will never sell it.

The scary part, I dont even have the machine yet and I am already buying DW stuff for the Arcade.
    door.jpgdoor.jpg
    lamp.jpglamp.jpg
    12 inches tall12 inches tall

#108 8 years ago

Ha, the last one is awesome! You could scare the crap out of some kids on Halloween with it

#109 8 years ago

hes pretty detailed. forehead lights up as well.

detail.jpgdetail.jpg

#110 8 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Nobody should ever sell a Black Knight, there is WAY TOO MUCH pinball history in that machine.
    Names aside of course.

BTW, love the Tardis lamp.
    Combination of the toy+painting converted.
    Wonderful.

#111 8 years ago

Nobody should ever sell a Black Knight, there is WAY TOO MUCH pinball history in that machine.
    Names aside of course.
    BTW, love the Tardis lamp.
    Combination of the toy+painting converted.
    Wonderful.

The tardis opens up as well. Great place to hide stuff.

#112 8 years ago

However, it is much smaller inside lol inside.jpginside.jpg

#113 8 years ago

For those of you that used to watch SNL. You can hide your weed in there!

#114 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I agree. Go play pinball while i play this.

drwhofullpf.jpg

Is that the Pinballbulbs.com kit?

#115 8 years ago

Hmm, 8 days and no luck...

#116 8 years ago

For reference, it took me over three months to find a suitable DW at a price I liked. Granted, your budget is a bit bigger than mine, but don't worry! One will come up eventually.

#117 8 years ago

It took me 2 years to find a Dr. Who, and I eventually got tired of waiting for a minty one (which I would have gladly forked out the required money for) and settled for a lesser condition one and I'm currently in the process of restoring it. It's a great game with the cool vintage Dr. Who theme, neat rules, and a unique toy (the multi-level Time Expander) that we'll probably not see the likes of again.

I wish you luck in finding one. For a game that had pretty huge run, there just doesn't seem to be that many left out there. A lot seem to have been parted out as for a long time, this just wasn't a desired pin. Now that a lot of people have gotten some time on it, and have discovered that it's pretty unique and enjoyable, and Dr. Who's popularity is increasing due to the new shows, the demand seems to be going up.

#118 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Hmm, 8 days and no luck...

Dumb question I'm sure, but have you checked Mr.Pinball Classifieds, Sacramento Pinball Group and/or the Pacific Pinball Museum for leads?

The one thing I know for sure about this hobby is that most collectors in our area do not frequent Pinside/RGP much or at all. There is a whole other pinball life in the Bay Area outside the internet forums!

Rob Bell
    Robsgameroom.com

#119 8 years ago

Doctor Who, 1992 Bally: 2795.00
    Mint condition. I sold this game to one of my customers back in 1999 where it remained until now, family is moving so I took it back to sell. I would keep this for myself but just don't like the title. This is the best Doctor Who I have seen in years. Perfect bright unmolested cabinet with bright colors and absolutely zero fade. Crisp playfield top and bottom, matching number board set, plays 100% and needs nothing. Maybe not the most popular title but if someone is looking for a WPC series pin that is in mint condition plug and play this is it. $2795 cash and carry, located in Bergen County, NJ.
    Doug, Phone: 201-615-9463
    Bergen County, New Jersey

#120 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Mint condition. I sold this game to one of my customers back in 1999 where it remained until now, family is moving so I took it back to sell. I would keep this for myself but just don't like the title. This is the best Doctor Who I have seen in years. Perfect bright unmolested cabinet with bright colors and absolutely zero fade. Crisp playfield top and bottom, matching number board set, plays 100% and needs nothing. Maybe not the most popular title but if someone is looking for a WPC series pin that is in mint condition plug and play this is it. $2795 cash and carry, located in Bergen County, NJ.

Does not say shipping...But u never know..

#121 8 years ago

Took 6 months to find a congo and a yr to find a I 500 for price and condition I wanted. Patients is key in this hobby

#122 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBellMan:

Dumb question I'm sure, but have you checked Mr.Pinball Classifieds, Sacramento Pinball Group and/or the Pacific Pinball Museum for leads?
    The one thing I know for sure about this hobby is that most collectors in our area do not frequent Pinside/RGP much or at all. There is a whole other pinball life in the Bay Area outside the internet forums!
    Rob Bell
    Robsgameroom.com

Yes, there is!

#123 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Took 6 months to find a congo and a yr to find a I 500 for price and condition I wanted. Patients is key in this hobby

Agreed. I have bought all of my games as 'patients.' I enjoy the challenge of bringing a DOA game back to life

#124 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

This ad was posted several times on this thread. Already called him, wont ship. He did toy with the idea "if" a company would come, move, crate and ship. However, he said he already has local interest and would rather not deal with a shipper.

#125 8 years ago

This ad was posted several times on this thread. Already called him, wont ship. He did toy with the idea "if" a company would come, move, crate and ship. However, he said he already has local interest and would rather not deal with a shipper.

Maybe a Pinside member can go get it for you and they can ship it. We used to do that back in the RGP days for one another! Good luck either way!

#126 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBellMan:

Maybe a Pinside member can go get it for you and they can ship it. We used to do that back in the RGP days for one another! Good luck either way!

Wish I had friends in NJ

#127 8 years ago

Wish I had friends in NJ

NJ Pinsiders. Where you at? Who can help a brother out?

#129 8 years ago

Good luck with the search, am looking for one down under.

I just finished the whomobile mods for it, now need the game, but when you get one check these out

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-whomobile-mod
    https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinkswho%3F&sort=newest

#130 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBellMan:

"Danger Will Robinson! DANGER!"

This is also a BAD idea, and this is not RPG days anymore, and a lot of that crowd is long gone, MIA, or not active.

If the guy REALLY wants the machine, fly, pick up, and ship yourself, or alternatively drive back (generally unfeasible)

You get what you pay for, and I hope their are some serious photos for this machine first

#131 8 years ago

If the guy REALLY wants the machine, fly, pick up, and ship yourself, or alternatively drive back (generally unfeasible)

I think I will need a Tardis to make that happen. That would be a 6,000+ MILE ROUND TRIP! lol

#132 8 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

Good luck with the search, am looking for one down under.
    I just finished the whomobile mods for it, now need the game, but when you get one check these out
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-whomobile-mod
    https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinkswho%3F&sort=newest

Those look really great But I think I need to slow down on buying mods for DW till I get one lol.

#133 8 years ago

Those look really great But I think I need to slow down on buying mods for DW till I get one lol.

agree, they are not going anywhere, will be there available for a long while

When I teamed up with a local to design the whomobile he had the color dmd in it and it was sweet - a must for this game, was very impressed

#134 8 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

agree, they are not going anywhere, will be there available for a long while
    When I teamed up with a local to design the whomobile he had the color dmd in it and it was sweet - a must for this game, was very impressed

Just received the colorDMD in the mail for my future DR. That makes it my 8th color DMD lol.

#135 8 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

Would be great to see some video of the colorDMD in a Doctor Who. Does any video exist?

#136 8 years ago
    Quoted from RoyF:

Would be great to see some video of the colorDMD in a Doctor Who. Does any video exist?

HMMM.... By posting these..... Am I reducing my chance of buying one? As in, a seller will keep it.... Bollocks!!!!

#137 8 years ago

Did I mentioned I would throw in an El Dorado: City Of Gold for $750... less than what I bought it for (3) years ago. Since then I/blownfuse made lots of improvements, he also did a TON of s80 fail-proof mods to the boards and I added all "retro warm" LED's, power ball, interactive lights in backglass, leg protectors, etc. I told him and myself I would never sell it, but if it helps me find a doctor. The City Of Gold and Steve will understand.

#138 8 years ago

» YouTube video
    » YouTube video
    HMMM.... By posting these..... Am I reducing my chance of buying one? As in, a seller will keep it.... Bollocks!!!!

I might have to get a new DMD for my proto now, I really like those colors.
    I never though a DrWho could get better, but the colors really make the game stand out, as they match the playfield design.

EDIT: This requires modification of the Doctor faces lamp board for installation. This is never going to happen to my machine, nor should be done by others as well IMHO. It is a 100% mod beyond what should occur. Collectors should not modify extremely high end examples of this machine with this change, as ultimately it can reduce its value and not keep the machine "clean" (I am somewhat of a "purist", because anything permanent, I will not install), not because it cannot be done, but after reviewing the work document, I truly see how some "hodge podge" sloppy soldering work by an untrained person would be extremely detrimental, and even could cause electric short circuits and lamp matrix issues. It definitely looks nothing like it should from the factory. The warning in the document is there for a reason.

#139 8 years ago

you do not have to modify the board at all. With the newer colorDMD's you can use the Stern mounting holes and just slightly move the light board down. No modifications necessary.

#140 8 years ago

Well a Pinsider in CA offered $4.5 and that is way way way overpriced. More than ebay... tried to negotiate. The search continues...

#141 8 years ago

Dang. Dw must be going up. Guess you could always buy the"project" that was listed earlier.

#142 8 years ago

Drive to Jersey

#143 8 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Drive to Jersey

lol, that would be the most extreme purchase ever. 6,000 miles for a pin My V8 Tundra prob gets 12/MPG... So, I will need 500 Gallons of gas to get the pin. So at $3 Gallon about $1,500 in gas haha.

#144 8 years ago

I might have to get a new DMD for my proto now, I really like those colors.
    I never though a DrWho could get better, but the colors really make the game stand out, as they match the playfield design.
    EDIT: This requires modification of the Doctor faces lamp board for installation. This is never going to happen to my machine, nor should be done by others as well IMHO. It is a 100% mod beyond what should occur. Collectors should not modify extremely high end examples of this machine with this change, as ultimately it can reduce its value and not keep the machine "clean" (I am somewhat of a "purist", because anything permanent, I will not install), not because it cannot be done, but after reviewing the work document, I truly see how some "hodge podge" sloppy soldering work by an untrained person would be extremely detrimental, and even could cause electric short circuits and lamp matrix issues. It definitely looks nothing like it should from the factory. The warning in the document is there for a reason.

Simple fix: Use the Stern holes, or find another board from a parted DW, and use that for the lamp board mod. I do not think the mod is that bad at all. Easily reversed. ANY that involves power can have some risk regardless of the game.

#145 8 years ago

Well a Pinsider in CA offered $4.5 and that is way way way overpriced. More than ebay... tried to negotiate. The search continues...

Sounded like they were going fishing. They know you are hungry, so why not toss out an insane price??

Quoted from bbaker2824:

Dang. Dw must be going up. Guess you could always buy the"project" that was listed earlier.

It has been slowly creeping up for a while now. That 'Project' (and I use that term lightly) is grossly over-priced. It is the definition of a game that should be parted out. FWIW I paid less than that for a complete project DW a few years ago that was complete but non-functioning (And the cab was not rotting away.)

#146 8 years ago

Question for you all, who is your favorite Doctor? I am thinking about being the Doctor for Halloween. Pretty sure no one at the party will know who I am.

#147 8 years ago

I am partial to Jon Pertwee (aka 3rd Doctor).

#148 8 years ago

BAKER... big scarf, crazy hair. He was the doc when I watched as a kid ..gotta love it.

#149 8 years ago

4th or the 9th doctor

#150 8 years ago

I like David Tennant the 10th Doctor. I also like Baker the 4th Doctor, he's certainly iconic.

There are 230 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-doctor-who/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.