(Topic ID: 140612)

Wanted: DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Jean-Luc-Picard

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 230 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RyanStl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151022_155514.jpg
    doctor_who_7.jpg
    Doctor_who_1.jpg
    decal.jpg
    sg2.jpg
    sg1.jpg
    PART_1445493545970_.IMG_20151021_225738.jpg
    PART_1445493454334_.IMG_20151021_225654.jpg
    PART_1445493318840_.IMG_20151021_225357.jpg
    PART_1445493233327_.IMG_20151021_225307.jpg
    PART_1445493181121_.IMG_20151021_225236.jpg
    PART_1445493152166_.IMG_20151021_225201.jpg
    PART_1445493109352_.IMG_20151021_225109.jpg
    20151017_141405.jpg
    20151016_161929.jpg
    Dylans_Dr_Who_341.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 230 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 8 years ago

I guess your $10 investment worked... I don't have a machine for you, but after seeing this highlighted pink for 2 days I had to click on it to figure out why.

#52 8 years ago

OK - I'm a huge Doctor Who fan, both the pinball and the show (since 1979). When did it become a $4000.00+ game? I bought mine in 1997 for $400. I just don't get it. Good luck on buying one, but I think those prices are over-inflated. Just my opinion.

#53 8 years ago

I'm a huge fan also. I would never go by Ebay prices to value a machine though. They are always inflated. .. although for $4+k mine would be for sale. .. maybe they are worth that much. Lol. Ok.. maybe not.

I'm also surprised you haven't found a good one yet. Most of them I see are pretty beat up though.

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from awarner:

When did it become a $4000.00+

it isn't.

Easily can find nice examples for 2k (with patience and luck) to 2.5k (want it right now)

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from bbaker2824:

I'm a huge fan also. I would never go by Ebay prices to value a machine though. They are always inflated. .. although for $4+k mine would be for sale. .. maybe they are worth that much. Lol. Ok.. maybe not.
    I'm also surprised you haven't found a good one yet. Most of them I see are pretty beat up though.

Seems DW has issues with Inserts in comparison to other machines. I think it gets a lot of air balls? This has been one of the major conflicts. But, I may just pull the plunger.

#56 8 years ago

I could see the air ball issue. I've restored 2 of them. The first one I did a playfield swap because of insert wear/chipping. I repainted / touched up the cabinet on that one. My current one I redacaled. Most of them I've seen through the years are far from collector quality.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

I am shocked one has not turned up for you yet. 15 years ago seemed every auction had these for cheap and Noone wanted it. Crazy how times have changed.

Many got parted out, because they were stripped for parts for other "AAA" titles.

#58 8 years ago

One maybe available here in Houston.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

One maybe available here in Houston.

How are the inserts?

#60 8 years ago

I can also toss in an El Dorado: City OF Gold if for some crazy chance the seller is after one.

I am also willing to sell my soul for a DW with no insert damage.

#61 8 years ago

Yea most have insert issues in front of the time expander from what Ive seen while looking for one. there was a beautiful original at york today but not for sale however I may make a offer he cant refuse

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

How are the inserts?

I played it well over 3 months ago. He is just getting back from a business trip. I had passed the thread to him earlier today.

#63 8 years ago

I played it well over 3 months ago. He is just getting back from a business trip. I had passed the thread to him earlier today.

If:

1. Inserts are good, NO wear on the PF. everything checks out in terms of condition and mechanically.
    2. Priced realistically
    3. Has experience shipping pins and know how to pallet a pin.

= Sold

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

The crappy sound kill this game for me. The flow and shots are decent but the terrible scratchy sounds it emits makes me want to stab out my eardrums.

I think the music sounds great. The voices sound like they were recording over a telephone though.

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think the music sounds great. The voices sound like they were recording over a telephone though.

The voices are just distortions from a temporal displacement. They are talking from a different timeline. As it may sound like I am kidding. I am not Many times the doctor talks from the tardis to another timeline and the deeper he is the more distorted it sounds. However, later in his timeline they have better temporal "cell" services and it sounds better. But this game was made before that part of the doctors timeline.

That said... Anyone got an extra Tardis so I can jump ahead and own the damn thing

#66 8 years ago

The voices are just distortions from a temporal displacement. They are talking from a different timeline. As it may sound like I am kidding. I am not Many times the doctor talks from the tardis to another timeline and the deeper he is the more distorted it sounds.

Alright, admit it, you literally just watched the old episode from the 70's the Three Doctors didn't you?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Alright, admit it, you literally just watched the old episode from the 70's the Three Doctors didn't you?

nope. I am just a nerd

But I did in fact re-watch the 3 doctors maybe remake today-- the inspiration of that same episode. Where they contemplate the end of the daleks. So I am a bit amazed.... Are you sure you are not a time lord..... WHAT IS YOUR NAME! DOCTOR!!!!

I have not seen the 70's version. But the doctor can not visit his own timeline. Unless.......

I NEED A DOCTOR!!!I NEED A DOCTOR!!!

#68 8 years ago

What makes shipping a pin on a pallet over shipping a pin through NAVL with the legs on?
    I prefer NAVL shipping.

#69 8 years ago

What makes shipping a pin on a pallet over shipping a pin through NAVL with the legs on?
    I prefer NAVL shipping.

Cheaper for the buyer.

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

image.jpg

I love multi Doctor stories. Too bad there are only a few of them. The Three Doctors is my favorite.

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Cheaper for the buyer.

True, unless you combine shipping. Recently shipped one for about $450 and it was only $8 more to ship the 2nd one. Always see if the seller or someone near him has another pin for sale, if not for you for a buddy.

#72 8 years ago

Pilot Air requires pins to be on a pallet and dropped off at the port. I used them 2 times and I was very happy with the customer support and the pins safety. However, since it is a "collectible" the insurance wont cover it.

#73 8 years ago

I had an arranged time to buy a Cocktail Pin today after confirming he will hold it for me for today. We had a time, day, price all confirmed. Would be 1+ hr drive each way. I had my hydraulic lift in the truck and ready to drive... Called to let him know I am on my way as I said I would. And the douche bag tells me he sold it last night. Very upset.... Someone make me happy by selling me a clean doctor.

#74 8 years ago

Pilot Air requires pins to be on a pallet and dropped off at the port. I used them 2 times and I was very happy with the customer support and the pins safety. However, since it is a "collectible" the insurance wont cover it.

I tried calling them one and they said that they will only accept business accounts. How did you get past that?

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I tried calling them one and they said that they will only accept business accounts. How did you get past that?

Strange, never had that come up. http://www.pilotdelivers.com/

#76 8 years ago

Try Ebay. There is 4 "Doctor Who's" listed right now.. Go for it..

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Try Ebay. There is 4 "Doctor Who's" listed right now.. Go for it..

3.8k is my max and I will feel guilty but will do it for a CLEAN doctor. ALL the doctors on ebay are over priced, and most not even that nice.

However... The main thing... CLEAN.... Needs to be CLEAN!!!! but that is not a $4.5k price tag

#78 8 years ago

Kwai Chang Caine bump) ) ) ) )
    image.jpgimage.jpg

#79 8 years ago

waiting...................

waiting.gifwaiting.gif

#80 8 years ago

waiting...................
    waiting.....gif

With all this "waiting", one can only assume you have no other games to play?

Come on by bro! Lets play and take your mind off that new DW that's obviously going to be yours soon enough!

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBellMan:

Come on by bro! Lets play and take your mind off that new DW that's obviously going to be yours soon enough!

I agree. Go play pinball while i play this.

drwhofullpf.jpgdrwhofullpf.jpg

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

drwhofullpf.jpg

OUCH! LOL!

That's a beautiful game by the way! Congrats!

#83 8 years ago

3.8k is my max and I will feel guilty but will do it for a CLEAN doctor. ALL the doctors on ebay are over priced, and most not even that nice.
    However... The main thing... CLEAN.... Needs to be CLEAN!!!! but that is not a $4.5k price tag

Wasn't your max $3500 a few days ago? Patience, Daniel san. Do not overpay.

#84 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

drwhofullpf.jpg

I really hate the translite on DW. The first thing I did when I bought mine was change to the alternate translite.

#85 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

That isn't the one you offered to sell me is it? Never saw photos

#86 8 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Wasn't your max $3500 a few days ago? Patience, Daniel san. Do not overpay.

I wont over pay

Quoted from MrBellMan:

NorCalRealtor and I will take you up on that offer Just let him or me know and we can toss a few beers and roll a few balls.

Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I really hate the translite on DW. The first thing I did when I bought mine was change to the alternate translite.

I will put your face on the translite if it helps me find one

#87 8 years ago

I will put your face on the translite if it helps me find one

That would be even worse, owwwww.

#88 8 years ago

That would be even worse, owwwww.

I can photoshop some booobs on you if that helps

#89 8 years ago

I can photoshop some booobs on you if that helps

Only if you give me the three boob total recall treatment

#91 8 years ago

But none of the Altermate trans make use of the light show behind it. Major mistake in my opinion.

#92 8 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

But none of the Altermate trans make use of the light show behind it. Major mistake in my opinion.

I illustrated a shadow translite that uses "shadows" behind the translite, I did not want to sell it as you know who already capitalized that theme lol. I may make a new one when I get a DW. However, I personally like the DW translite so I would only do this to swap out from time to time for fun and would only sell it from friend to friend basis..

#93 8 years ago

I have a DW I picked up a few years ago. Working but I haven't got a chance to go through it/shop it out yet. I think the inserts are in nice condition and I bought the moving Dalek Head mod that I plan to install when it's time turns up in the resto/shopping queue.
    Will be for sale once done. Located in MA

#94 8 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

I have a DW I picked up a few years ago. Working but I haven't got a chance to go through it/shop it out yet. I think the inserts are in nice condition and I bought the moving Dalek Head mod that I plan to install when it's time turns up in the resto/shopping queue.
    Will be for sale once done. Located in MA

Please tell me more PM me with more details.

#95 8 years ago

I guess you saw this one. It was posted and sold on same day.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/archive/26008

#96 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I guess you saw this one. It was posted and sold on same day.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/archive/26008

Yep, he sold it to his friend. Talked to him. However looks like different photos so I could be wrong. NAVL for example will not move a pin from a basement and that was one of the issues.

#97 8 years ago

But, I wont over pay

too late for that. When you have a highlight ad and are offering 3800, you will overpay...

We have all been there and overpaid when we want it now. Reality is that who gives a F. When you want a game, then going out and making it happen with a little extra cash is part of the fun.

#98 8 years ago

That isn't the one you offered to sell me is it? Never saw photos

I wish mine was ready for u.

#99 8 years ago

There is one listed this morning on Mr pinball I think its in NJ
    $2795

#100 8 years ago

"Holy grail" pinball machines and finding them is part of the collecting experience. When you finally achieve your goal do not let them go so easily afterwords. Many people do, and regret it later.

There are 230 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-doctor-who/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.