(Topic ID: 140612)

Wanted: DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Jean-Luc-Picard

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 230 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RyanStl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151022_155514.jpg
    doctor_who_7.jpg
    Doctor_who_1.jpg
    decal.jpg
    sg2.jpg
    sg1.jpg
    PART_1445493545970_.IMG_20151021_225738.jpg
    PART_1445493454334_.IMG_20151021_225654.jpg
    PART_1445493318840_.IMG_20151021_225357.jpg
    PART_1445493233327_.IMG_20151021_225307.jpg
    PART_1445493181121_.IMG_20151021_225236.jpg
    PART_1445493152166_.IMG_20151021_225201.jpg
    PART_1445493109352_.IMG_20151021_225109.jpg
    20151017_141405.jpg
    20151016_161929.jpg
    Dylans_Dr_Who_341.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 230 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Featured Ad

Added: 2015-10-04 01:45:46 UTC • Ended: November 6th, 2015

Price

Wanted

Will pay shipping for Pilot Air - Port to Port... if it is a good deal I will consider door to door shipping. If it is driving distance I am more willing to budge on price.

Must have a clean PF. "NO" Insert damage. As in, no lifted inserts, chipped, worn, cracked, wood exposed etc. Plastics and ramps need to be in good shape. Everything must work no ridicules hacks. Cabinet I am more relaxed with. But more color the better.

$2k-$3.5k range. Price is determined by various variables.

Item photos

drw_bg_1.JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Jean-Luc-Picard's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Jean-Luc-Picard's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Northern California, CA, US

#3 8 years ago

Great game! I LOVE mine. You seem to like the same kind of sci-fi games I do

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Great game! I LOVE mine. You seem to like the same kind of sci-fi games I do

We have good taste Thus why I have always liked you.

#5 8 years ago

You might need to put a few more exclamation points in your title just to make sure you'll find one

#6 8 years ago

EXTERMINATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok.gifok.gif

#7 8 years ago

ineed.jpgineed.jpg

#9 8 years ago

Somebody needs more cowbell...
    -mof

#10 8 years ago

Love Dr who. Never leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 8 years ago

Still searching for the Doctor. ..

#12 8 years ago

Good luck with your search. Should not be too hard to find?

Love mine.
    Unsure if I keep mine in (excellent) players' condition, or upgrade it with new decals, color DMD, Pinsound...

- WHERE - IS - THE - DOCTOR?
    - THE - DOCTOR - HAS - ESCAPED.
    (ZAP)

#13 8 years ago

I just bought a colorDMD for it. So, now I just need to find the doctor lol I may add a pinsound when I find a machine. I got hooked on more of the newer doctors and it would be neat to toggle from the original and the new doctors.

#14 8 years ago

Most members who reply here have 3 yrs membership on Pinside.
    Must be a Doctor thing. GLWP (good luck with purchase bump)

#16 8 years ago

Ah man....you're still looking? I still feel bad that I didn't get to sell to you. You would have loved mine Good luck with the search!

#17 8 years ago

yep, still looking. I had several offers but they all have worn inserts or board issues. I really am after a DW with:

1. No problems
    2. CLEAN playfield. NO raised or damaged inserts. Plastics need to be in good condition. No missing/destroyed etc.
    3. No major gouges and major damage on cabinet. More color on the cabinet the better but not a deal breaker.
    4. If not in Northern California or Parts of Nevada. Need to ship. Rather go with Pilot Air but if it is a good deal I can pick a door-door shipper.

#18 8 years ago

Doctor might be the last to leave!

IMG_4755.jpgIMG_4755.jpg

IMG_6326.jpgIMG_6326.jpg

#19 8 years ago

Miss mine everyday. For sure one I should have kept and rotated out with a friend instead of selling.

#20 8 years ago

Just in case all the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wont be enough. I just plunked down the $10 for a featured Wanted Listing....
    Also to prove, I am pretty damn serious. I need me a Doctor. But not just any doctor.... A good Doctor....

#21 8 years ago

Ok.... I am confused. I thought my purchased listing is supposed to make the listing a highlighted color? What a rip off lol.

#22 8 years ago

The Doctor is a great game and it fits with my sci-fi bug.

20150403_201314.jpg20150403_201314.jpg

#23 8 years ago

Sent an email to pinside. Hope they make my exclamation marks really stand out and get my upgrades working.
    My color DMD arrived today. lol But I dont even have a DW yet. so... Need to find me a doctor soon!

#24 8 years ago

Woot! Robin fixed the Ad. Its now pink

#25 8 years ago

with nearly 8000 made it comes up pretty often. I would think you will have better luck posting a $$$$ amount.

Typically the WTB ads that get the fish ont he line are the ones posting hard numbers.

If you toss out an open offer of 3k I bet you get more interest from potential sellers.
    You also have a solid collection so offering a trade may bring out the fish...

Good luck. Fun game and I have dibs on a friends when he is ready to sell. I woudl eventually like to get the 3 good lightning games all in a row.

#26 8 years ago

Added some additional information.

#27 8 years ago

fun game and its hot pin at the moment

hope you find one

#28 8 years ago

Pink ad bump.

#29 8 years ago

Called, cool dude. But wont ship. He was asking $2.7k for what sounds like in extremely mint condition.

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Called, cool dude. But wont ship. He was asking $2.7k for what sounds like in extremely mint condition.

If you really want the pin offer him a little more than his asking price, say $2.8 - $3K-ish, and tell him that you will arrange for and pay for door-to-door shipping. That will get you close to $3.2 - $3.4K, but it may push him over the edge to accept your offer if he is not getting any local interest.

Also, get good high resolution photos of the pin prior to committing.

Gord

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

If you really want the pin offer him a little more than his asking price, say $2.8 - $3K-ish, and tell him that you will arrange for and pay for door-to-door shipping. That will get you close to $3.2 - $3.4K, but it may push him over the edge to accept your offer if he is not getting any local interest.
    Also, get good high resolution photos of the pin prior to committing.
    Gord

Sound's like he is traumatized by a bad experience. However, he did toy with the idea if the shipping service can crate/pallet it for him. But, I dont know of any that offer that service. NAVL is legs on only right? That's why I like Pilot Air Port/Port it's all on crates.

#32 8 years ago

Sound's like he is traumatized by a bad experience. However, he did toy with the idea if the shipping service can crate/pallet it for him. But, I dont know of any that offer that service. NAVL is legs on only right? That's why I like Pilot Air Port/Port it's all on crates.

I had NAVL pick up my TOM 5-6 years ago to ship to HEP for a restoration and they put shipping blankets on top of the glass and then put the head down and used several more packing blankets and shrink wrapped the pin several times and then they carried it out to their truck with the legs on.

HEP received the pin and there was no damage and it was shipped with the legs on. I have had pins shipped maybe 15 times or so with the legs off and palletized and have never had a pin damaged during shipping that way either. I know that others have had different experiences as well, but sometimes you have to ship in order to buy/sell a pin.

Gord

#33 8 years ago

NAVL is legs on only right?

That's weird.

Why did they make a Doctor Who? It wasn't that popular at the time, right? Maybe it was an overseas thing.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

I had NAVL pick up my TOM 5-6 years ago to ship to HEP for a restoration and they put shipping blankets on top of the glass and then put the head down and used several more packing blankets and shrink wrapped the pin several times and then they carried it out to their truck with the legs on.

How fortunate for you. I had an A13 shipped from Nebraska to Washington. When it arrived, it was still on its legs, no blanket over the glass and the backbox was folded over the power cord. The backbox pinched the cord, rendering it useless and the plastic that holds the glass to the backbox was all cracked from the box being smashed down on the power cord. The two guys who delivered it were expecting a tip. The tip they got from me was, "Perhaps next time you should be more careful with other peoples' items while transporting them, eh?"

#35 8 years ago

The crappy sound kill this game for me. The flow and shots are decent but the terrible scratchy sounds it emits makes me want to stab out my eardrums.
    Maybe someday they will make a replacement sound package like they did for TZ and T2. Those rocked at TPF earlier this year. Never had a more fun game of T2 before. Perhaps I could enjoy the game if they did.

Am I the only one the sound grates on instantly?

#36 8 years ago

I guess you have checked the pinball owners database.

http://www.pinballowners.com/CGI/psearch.cgi

There was 6 for sale.

#37 8 years ago

If you are really motivated, you could look for a trustworthy pinsider who's not too far away from the seller and is willing to check it out and possibly pick it up and help ship it to you.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

If you are really motivated, you could look for a trustworthy pinsider who's not too far away from the seller and is willing to check it out and possibly pick it up and help ship it to you.

I did think about that, but... Not sure I want to have that many chefs in the kitchen.

Quoted from dgoett:

The crappy sound kill this game for me. The flow and shots are decent but the terrible scratchy sounds it emits makes me want to stab out my eardrums.
    Maybe someday they will make a replacement sound package like they did for TZ and T2. Those rocked at TPF earlier this year. Never had a more fun game of T2 before. Perhaps I could enjoy the game if they did.
    Am I the only one the sound grates on instantly?

Already plan on adding the Pinsound board. I will redo/remaster it.

#39 8 years ago

I did think about that, but... Not sure I want to have that many chefs in the kitchen.

Totally understand. After a certain point, things start getting a bit complicated, particularly if something goes wrong.

#40 8 years ago

Someone get this man a Dr Who.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

the terrible scratchy sounds it emits

You do know that Daleks are supposed to sound terrible and scratchy when they talk right?

#42 8 years ago

Bump for a fellow Claycordian!

#43 8 years ago

Hahaha, the sound is spot on the tv show.

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

Hahaha, the sound is spot on the tv show.

YEah, I personally think the audio is great in this game. When I mentioned pinSoundboard it was just so I can toggle from original doctors to modern doctors. That way I can enjoy them all based on my mooooood.

If I could find one in California... That is really the best bet. But, will still ship for a good doctor.

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

The Doctor is a great game and it fits with my sci-fi bug.

I would sell my City Of God or my Bad Cats to make room for that

As well... I am more inclined to [ship] with an experienced pinsider. One who can pallet a pin and so on. For a long distance shipment, I may avoid inexperienced individuals.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

Doctor might be the last to leave!

Personally, I am partial to Strange Science.
    Cooky game with some really neat ramps and features.
    Wish the made more of the machines, and you have to protect the hell out of the ramps.

Dr. Who pinball machine is eternal, underrated classic, and true collectors know the value.
    Owned my prototype since 2006.
    Time Expander is a %$#@% to work on though as you have to pull the whole thing and retest all the switches and optos thoroughly on a rebuild before leveling, engieers should have made it easier.

#47 8 years ago

Come on California/Nevada... Where are your Doctors....

Would love to buy local if possible....

#49 8 years ago

Went on Craigslist and only found "wanted" ads....

#50 8 years ago

I am shocked one has not turned up for you yet. 15 years ago seemed every auction had these for cheap and Noone wanted it. Crazy how times have changed.

There are 230 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-doctor-who and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.