(Topic ID: 245767)

Wanted: Dialed In LE, HUO, for around $7000(ish)

By demaximis

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by demaximis
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190703-173215 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190703-172915 (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Wanted: Dialed In LE, HUO, for around $7000(ish)

Added: 2019-06-23 03:07:02 UTC • Ended: July 15th, 2019

Price

Wanted

Looking for a nice Dialed In LE. Would like to pay around $7000 -- I'm not in a huge rush, and I've seen a few in the condition I desire approaching this price.

Dirty is OK, but looking for quality beneath the grime. Preferably no wear around the usual holes, shooter lane, or damage to the rails or cabinet art.

Willing to drive a few hours to pick it up -- roadtrip with my son -- so if you are on the south-eastern side of the US, and have a nice game (at a reasonable price), please let me know! Or, if you are farther out, let me know as well (but recognize that the price becomes more sensitive, given the cost of shipping).

Thanks for considering!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are demaximis's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to demaximis's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Atlanta, GA, US

1 week later
#2 4 years ago

Still looking - FL deal fell through at last minute.

#3 4 years ago

Good luck. I posted a similar ad and had a few offers. Definitely obtainable at 7k.

#4 4 years ago

There are two for sale here in ATL. Both in the marketplace and one of those on cl too.

I’ve bought and sold with mozach in peachtree city, great guy.

#5 4 years ago
#6 4 years ago

There is one in Long Island that is up for $6700, Joe from Pingraphix.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Where is the ad?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Where is the ad?

Facebook

#9 4 years ago

Well... I sent him an email.

#10 4 years ago

Here is a tip for you.

If you find one get in your car and go get it. Don’t mess around asking for 100 pics and weird questions. First come with an SUV or truck and cash / first served / cash on the glass and done. That is how buying works.

Your $7k is not enough anyway. You know that.

You’re welcome.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Must be bogus or destroyed, these currently average in the $7500 - $8k range HUO.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Must be bogus or destroyed, these currently average in the $7500 - $8k range HUO.

Looks pretty damn nice to me!

Screenshot_20190703-172915 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190703-172915 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190703-173215 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190703-173215 (resized).png
#13 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

As you can see above, it is not. Joe is well known.

I have seen a few between 7-7300 that were huo.

#14 4 years ago

Yea I’ve seen two HUO LE that were in great condition under $7500. Pinside prices are pretty inflated on this game for some reason. $8k or higher is ridiculous.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yea I’ve seen two HUO LE that were in great condition under $7500. Pinside prices are pretty inflated on this game for some reason. $8k or higher is ridiculous.

Most of the guys saying 75-8 have the games in their collection. Typical pumping.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Most of the guys saying 75-8 have the games in their collection. Typical pumping.

No, that's been the average price. Quick sale prices don't equal the new average price. I remember seeing a HUO Star Trek LE being listed for $6500. Is that the new average price now? No way.

#17 4 years ago

There are 5 LEs on the market place right now, lowest is 7700 highest is 8500. 7000 ain’t gonna happen unless someone is desperate.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No, that's been the average price. Quick sale prices don't equal the new average price. I remember seeing a HUO Star Trek LE being listed for $6500. Is that the new average price now? No way.

And a year ago the average was probably $8200-8500. Prices have come down. My point is it’s very easy to find one in the low 7s now with a little patience and not just relying on pinside.

I had this same thread up a few months ago and had 4 emails of guys looking to sell at 7k.

It’s a great game!

#19 4 years ago

One just sold on the Village BBS for less then 7k. HUO too.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Is pinside the only listing/sales site info? NO.
Nobody knows all sale prices.
Good luck in your hunt op. Patience, and you will find one.

#21 4 years ago

I looked for about 3 months, found 1 within the tri state area that was $7500. everyone else wanted 7800-8k

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

One just sold on the Village BBS for less then 7k. HUO too.

Sold instantly. It was priced low.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Sold instantly. It was priced low.

Too low, apparently

#24 4 years ago

Yea, but one on the Village sat for weeks at 7400 just prior. So we had a sale at 6700, 7 and 7300 all in the last few weeks.

So around 7k is certainly possible.

#25 4 years ago

I would say there is a saturation of DI here in FL, which would reflect the sale prices

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

There are 5 LEs on the market place right now, lowest is 7700 highest is 8500. 7000 ain’t gonna happen unless someone is desperate.

The cheapest LE on market place for any real amount of time is $7900 and it’s been for sale a month. Not selling because it’s overpriced. (Ironically the ad says “CHEAP” lol) People can list a game for whatever they want. List prices are not what determine market value.

Looking at LEs that have actually sold, they are selling at $7500 or less (listed for $7500-$7600 ish, sold, but don’t list final sale price so it’s likely lower)

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The cheapest LE on market place for any real amount of time is $7900 and it’s been for sale a month. Not selling because it’s overpriced. (Ironically the ad says “CHEAP” lol) People can list a game for whatever they want. List prices are not what determine market value.
Looking at LEs that have actually sold, they are selling at $7500 or less (listed for $7500-$7600 ish, sold, but don’t list final sale price so it’s likely lower)

Yep. Unless you own then you say they sell for 8k.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Yep. Unless you own then you say they sell for 8k.

And if you don't own it you say you can pick one up around 7000. good luck with that!

#29 4 years ago

Or, you’re just a reasonable person who realizes current market value is about $7500.

#30 4 years ago

And if you don't own it you say you can pick one up around 7000. good luck with that!

Why would you need luck? Three people did in the last week.

#31 4 years ago

Such a great game, good luck on your search! Be ready to pull the trigger quickly if you come across one in that price range! It will go fast!

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Such a great game, good luck on your search! Be ready to pull the trigger quickly if you come across one in that price range! It will go fast!

This. When you are looking for a deal and find one, don't ask for a documented history of the pinball machine. Get in your car and go get it now! Opens the door for other no nonsense buyers to get it.

#33 4 years ago

I have no skin in the game as far as pricing goes, but my experience is that if you’re vigilant in looking for a game you should be able to find one in the right price range. Your basically only talking about a 10% price break of what some are saying the “real price” is.
Also wait until the next hit game comes out that people really want. Seems like people are often selling off games to raise funds for new machines when a new hot tittle comes out.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Yea, but one on the Village sat for weeks at 7400 just prior. So we had a sale at 6700, 7 and 7300 all in the last few weeks.
So around 7k is certainly possible.

pins in florida are usually a bit cheaper, always have been.

#35 4 years ago

Coming from a guy who probably owns one.

Well as it has been said, 4 people had luck recently.

#36 4 years ago

Sold mine about a month ago, traded for a nice RS plus cash, equivalent was over $8k.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Coming from a guy who probably owns one.
Well as it has been said, 4 people had luck recently.

Coming from a guy who doesn't own one.

So all 4 people have purchased at <=7000? I highly doubt it. Still...I meant it, good luck!

#38 4 years ago

Let me preface this by saying I am a current owner that is toying with the idea of selling his DI to get a Wonka...so I am clearly biased.

Based on what I have seen recently, I think that a HUO well taken care of, no wear, no damage, DI LE should sell for at least $7500. However, the OP did say $7000"(ish)" and is willing to take a "dirty" machine with "preferably" no wear or damage. Those qualifiers make it seem reasonable that he might go a few hundred more and/or would also consider a machine with some wear/damage, so his target price really does not seem unreasonable with those conditions considered.

I don't think he is going to be able to find a local, low play, immamaculate one right now for $7000, but if he waits long enough and finds a motivated seller, anything is possible.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Let me preface this by saying I am a current owner that is toying with the idea of selling his DI to get a Wonka...so I am clearly biased.
Based on what I have seen recently, I think that a HUO well taken care of, no wear, no damage, DI LE should sell for at least $7500. However, the OP did say $7000"(ish)" and is willing to take a "dirty" machine with "preferably" no wear or damage. Those qualifiers make it seem reasonable that he might go a few hundred more and/or would also consider a machine with some wear/damage, so his target price really does not seem unreasonable with those conditions considered.
I don't think he is going to be able to find a local, low play, immamaculate one right now for $7000, but if he waits long enough and finds a motivated seller, anything is possible.

Let’s be honest. Immamaculate ones with no legs are easily $10k.

#40 4 years ago

Coming from a guy who doesn't own one.
So all 4 people have purchased at &lt;=7000? I highly doubt it. Still...I meant it, good luck!

Not going to argue with you anymore but I know of 4 that went from 65-7k. 2 were huo, 2 used in shows.

#41 4 years ago

My friend just traded one for a nice scared stiff . At first I thought he was crazy. I really like DI but when it comes down to it you own what’s more fun and I can not fault my friend for the trade he made (I think scared stiff would get more play in his collection ) . Deep (complex)rules are a turn off for many casual players (and myself ). And while I think DI has the best rules of any JJP game , they still are not at a level where someone can just walk up to the game and understand basic rules and that hurts . Games need to do a better job of communicating with the players as to how to play the game. If JJP could do this I think their games would be much more approachable and desirable.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Deep (complex)rules are a turn off for many casual players (and myself ). And while I think DI has the best rules of any JJP game , they still are not at a level where someone can just walk up to the game and understand basic rules and that hurts . Games need to do a better job of communicating with the players as to how to play the game. If JJP could do this I think their games would be much more approachable and desirable.

1) Hit guy to charge phone
2) Hit phone to start mode
3) Do mode
4) Repeat

If anyone can do that, they'll follow the same path of those who know the game.

I agree that some other JJP games have a deep ruleset, but DI is fairly easy to follow tbh.

#43 4 years ago

I am still looking, and yes, the "ish" means that a couple of hundred is not worth quibbling over. I've been searching for a while, and feel like I have a decent grasp of the market, given all the recent sales. I know my target is obtainable, and I've received offers in the range -- even from posters in this thread -- for nice machines, as described. In fact, still a little sore that one of them didn't work out (I was really shocked, and I really wish it had), but that's another story.

I missed the local one in Peachtree City, because the seller sold it before I could get to it (stupid day job...).

The one in NY was mentioned, and it was offered below the price listed on this thread, but it has a lot of wear, and was routed.

Still hopeful, and respectful - everyone has the choice to set their price, and I fully believe in free markets. The ones listed at $7500 (and below) sell (and have sold for less). Above $7900, they sit. And I was offered a pristine DI LE for $7000 (RI), and $7200 (CA) but the shipping killed it.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from demaximis:

I am still looking, and yes, the "ish" means that a couple of hundred is not worth quibbling over. I've been searching for a while, and feel like I have a decent grasp of the market, given all the recent sales. I know my target is obtainable, and I've received offers in the range -- even from posters in this thread -- for nice machines, as described. In fact, still a little sore that one of them didn't work out (I was really shocked, and I really wish it had), but that's another story.
I missed the local one in Peachtree City, because the seller sold it before I could get to it (stupid day job...).
The one in NY was mentioned, and it was offered below the price listed on this thread, but it has a lot of wear, and was routed.
Still hopeful, and respectful - everyone has the choice to set their price, and I fully believe in free markets. The ones listed at $7500 (and below) sell (and have sold for less). Above $7900, they sit. And I was offered a pristine DI LE for $7000 (RI), and $7200 (CA) but the shipping killed it.

Well said. Keep holding out. You sound reasonable and don't need to quibble over a couple hundred bucks. Eventually you will find one.

#45 4 years ago

Make sure to ask if it has the comic book.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Make sure to ask if it has the comic book.

Not sure if your comments in the thread are meant to be helpful, or just snarky. For the sake of a positive discussion, let's assume helpful.

The comic book question is actually not a bad question, if you think about it. Am I saying that it should be the first question or the dispositive question? No.

But, it goes to whether the owner kept/treated the machine in a way that I would have. I would have kept the comic book and manual in nice shape, just as I would have kept a goody bag, receipt, etc. I keep my machines for a very long time, and I like everything that about them. To me, whether someone kept the comic book indicates a level of care, and if someone like me is spending $7000 (or more) on a toy, no harm in getting the complete package. I have also asked sellers whether there is any wear on the playfield at the scoop, whether cliffy's are installed, and what number LE they are selling. All reasonable questions, in my opinion -- especially if the pin is out of state, and I would wind up purchasing it without seeing it.

And, as the saying goes, the customer is always right. Did my questions lead to missed opportunities? Who knows, and if so, that's on me. If your intent was to remind me to move fast when these deals come along, point taken, and thanks for the reminder.

If, however, your intent was to be snarky, what's the point? I can demonstrate that nice HUO LE's have been offered and sold in the price range sought (including by at least one poster in this thread), so my post and request were not unreasonable, and your first assertion was simply wrong. And, if your intent was to somehow prevent me from making a deal to buy a machine at a price point I'd like to hit... well, each time you post, you bump the thread. So again, thanks.

At the end of the day, I think I've found what I'm looking for, and thanks to the patience and consideration of a reasonable Pinsider right in my neighborhood, I think I'm going to achieve my goal, and everybody's happy. But, as I've also learned from this experience, a deal is not a deal until the machine is in my hands, so I will continue looking until the funds change hands.

#47 4 years ago

Success! Many thanks to Gorgar123 - Machine is beautiful, and a fantastic addition to the collection. Whole family loves it already.

Happy to call this one a wrap!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-dialed-in-le-huo-for-around-7000ish and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.