Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tx.jpg
20141123_191923.jpg
20141115_172822.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Thinking of taking on a project, anyone have a cpr taxi playfield to sell?

1 week later
#2 9 years ago

I am actually hoping that one day I will find a decent used one...I have a cab that is in need of some TLC that I picked up 4 months ago but the playfield is horrible. I have been thinking of painting/touch-up but it is going to be a lot of work. Best of luck on finding a CPR and if I run across one I will let you know!

#3 9 years ago

Thanks bud, I'll give you a good deal on the old one which isn't blown out just some wear

Also, I got in line for a TOTAN from CPR but my deal on a beater project didn't work out, maybe someone wants to trade? I also have a whirlwind main ramp, umm, that's about it though!

#4 9 years ago

Still lookin'!

#5 9 years ago

I have a CPR Gold Series Taxi playfield that I would entertain offers on. .....

#6 9 years ago

Still looking, who can help me out?

#7 9 years ago

I am surprised that someone hasn't at the very least created a playfield overlay for Taxi, wonder if it has to do with the two versions of the game.

#8 9 years ago

PPS stated that was in their queue since CPR had no immediate plans for a re-run. Overlays seem like a lot of work/effort compared to their worth, but I guess if there are no other options.

#10 9 years ago

You could PM Kruzman. I thought he had one for sale.

#11 9 years ago

Thanks guys, yes I asked Ron, but that was an old listing, he no longer has one. The one on ebay is about what I already have, so if I cant find one Ill have to get this one fixed up.

That would be cool if pps reran them.. the funny part is they would probably be made by cpr lol

#12 9 years ago

Taxi is a very restorable playfield and probably one of the easier ones to do. A lot of flat colors etc.

20141115_172822.jpg20141115_172822.jpg 20141123_191923.jpg20141123_191923.jpg
#13 9 years ago

True! Not a lot of texture would make it much easier.. Nice job, looks great!

Here is mine, wear around the bumpers, santa, drac, and where someone 'touched up' by the ramp drops.
tx.jpgtx.jpg

#14 9 years ago

That is actually in better shape than the one we started with. We had to repaint about 85% of the playfield.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Taxi is a very restorable playfield and probably one of the easier ones to do. A lot of flat colors etc.

20141115_172822.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20141123_191923.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I don't know about it being one of the easier ones

Definitely the touch-up is easy in that it's just 17 hours of masking and 5 minutes of airbrush to repaint the grey. Man that is some super detailed cutting you did to go around the newlyweds cans on string. I was freaking out about how you managed to cut out the text around "express lane" but then looked at the finished picture and saw that you just painted over it. But man that is some impressive work!!

There's alot of colored artwork over the edges of the inserts on this title so depending on the amount of wear on the inserts you are at the mercy of the maker of the insert decals on how good of a finished job you will have.

I've done one of the gray playfield games (Bad Cats), but haven't done any of the others. can you imagine the time it would take cutting around all of the people on a Cyclone?

#16 9 years ago

One CPR playfield on the way

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

One CPR playfield on the way

and you got this from ???

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I don't know about it being one of the easier ones
Definitely the touch-up is easy in that it's just 17 hours of masking and 5 minutes of airbrush to repaint the grey. Man that is some super detailed cutting you did to go around the newlyweds cans on string. I was freaking out about how you managed to cut out the text around "express lane" but then looked at the finished picture and saw that you just painted over it. But man that is some impressive work!!
There's alot of colored artwork over the edges of the inserts on this title so depending on the amount of wear on the inserts you are at the mercy of the maker of the insert decals on how good of a finished job you will have.
I've done one of the gray playfield games (Bad Cats), but haven't done any of the others. can you imagine the time it would take cutting around all of the people on a Cyclone?

Haha, the masks were machine cut out of vinyl. Scanned the playfield and made the masks using illustrator.

#19 9 years ago

Hmmmm, I have no idea who he got it from.

#20 9 years ago

My taxi thanks you

#21 9 years ago

Major congrats! That is something I will hopefully get to one day.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-cpr-taxi-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.