• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

CPR Flash Gordon Playfield

Added: 2015-07-14 22:23:42 UTC • Ended: August 4th, 2015

Price

Wanted

Want to get one of the reproduction playfields. PM me if you have a set (upper & lower) you would sell me. Going to restore my machine and need it.

Thanks

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are spandol's market stats.

bronze Seller Level

spandol has the Pinside Bronze seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to spandol's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Moorpark, CA, US

#2 8 years ago

Just ordered an overlay for mine. If you are interested email Jeff at Classic Arcade. [email protected]
Good luck!

#3 8 years ago

PM sent

Quoted from spandol:

WantedWant to get one of the reproduction playfields. PM me if you have a set (upper & lower) you would sell me. Going to restore my machine and need it.Thanks

Linked to ad listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/22399
Added to the marketplace: July 15th, 2015

#4 8 years ago

An overlay to protect an original playfield from more damage or to protect a new playfield?

Anyone else have a CPR repro playfield they would sell to me for my Flash Gordon restoration project? I love the machine!

#5 8 years ago

Bump

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

An overlay to protect an original playfield from more damage or to protect a new playfield?

Overlay is a giant sticker used to replace the art. Check out this ebay listing for a Bally Kiss overlay to get an idea on what it is and what installation would involve...

ebay.com link: KISS Pinball Machine Playfield Overlay UV PRINTED Clear Inserts DIE CUT

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from cpu-slave:

Overlay is a giant sticker used to replace the art. Check out this ebay listing for a Bally Kiss overlay to get an idea on what it is and what installation would involve...
ebay.com link » Kiss Pinball Machine Playfield Overlay Uv Printed Clear Inserts Die Cut

Thanks for the info. New to me. How are they? Are customers happy with them?

#8 8 years ago

I'm working with another local pin guy on 2 Flash Gordon playfield overlays currently and I'm also finishing up a 3rd game with a CPR set. After everything is done I plan on posting a thread comparing all them.

The art looks very acceptable compared to a blown-out playfield. There are plenty of opinions out there both pro and con but the process we are using is to sand playfield down completely flat (re-gluing inserts as well), shoot a couple coats of clear and sanding that completely flat, applying overlay and finishing up with more coats of clear. Afterwards, I plan on carefully drilling out the holes for everything before re-assembly.

The overlays are about $200 - compared to what the reproduction CPR ones fetch if you can find a seller.

If you're also doing the cab and are looking for stencils, I would suggest pinballpimp over twisted pins. I did one cab already with the tp set, and registration was a headache (to put it mildly)

#9 8 years ago

Jeffs artwork is usually garbage, are you sure it looks ok?

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from cpu-slave:

I'm working with another local pin guy on 2 Flash Gordon playfield overlays currently and I'm also finishing up a 3rd game with a CPR set. After everything is done I plan on posting a thread comparing all them.
The art looks very acceptable compared to a blown-out playfield. There are plenty of opinions out there both pro and con but the process we are using is to sand playfield down completely flat (re-gluing inserts as well), shoot a couple coats of clear and sanding that completely flat, applying overlay and finishing up with more coats of clear. Afterwards, I plan on carefully drilling out the holes for everything before re-assembly.
The overlays are about $200 - compared to what the reproduction CPR ones fetch if you can find a seller.
If you're also doing the cab and are looking for stencils, I would suggest pinballpimp over twisted pins. I did one cab already with the tp set, and registration was a headache (to put it mildly)

Are Jeff's FG overlays Die Cut or full sheet? The auction linked to is for a KISS and I am thinking that might be one of Herb's overlays - which is quite a bit different than the full sheet ones I have seen others make in the past.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Todd at TNT did a Flash Gordon with one of Jeffs overlays. He has a video of the restore. Looks pretty good to me. I should have mine tomorrow. I will let you know how it looks.

#12 8 years ago

Uhhh... That's not very reassuring. Todd is a great guy but he has no clue how to restore anything. He basically wipes stuff down, adds a few parts then calls it a restoration. Herbs work is not much better. Speaking of Silvers, I've seen Herbs work up close and it was really bad. He used a Kiss overlay and it looked like the dunes of the Sahara. Hills and valleys all over the place and pinched where anything went through the playfield (screws, posts,etc)

Quoted from Pin-one:

Todd at TNT did a Flash Gordon with one of Jeffs overlays. He has a video of the restore. Looks pretty good to me. I should have mine tomorrow. I will let you know how it looks.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Uhhh... That's not very reassuring. Todd is a great guy but he has no clue how to restore anything. He basically wipes stuff down, adds a few parts then calls it a restoration. Herbs work is not much better. Speaking of Silvers, I've seen Herbs work up close and it was really bad. He used a Kiss overlay and it looked like the dunes of the Sahara desert. Hills and valleys all over the place and pinched where anything went through the palyfield (screws, posts,etc)

Can't say it looks bad....looks thousand times better then what I have now.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

It's not 100% exact nor 100% perfect, but it's definitely better than a blown-out playfield (or one with terrible touch-ups) Sure, CPR would be better (NOS would be preferred), but trying to find NOS or CPR without being overly gouged is not exactly easy these days... and the CPR I have has some slight differences and issues as well.

Quoted from CactusJack:

Are Jeff's FG overlays Die Cut or full sheet? The auction linked to is for a KISS and I am thinking that might be one of Herb's overlays - which is quite a bit different than the full sheet ones I have seen others make in the past.

Die cut I assume? Similar to his advertised High Speed overlay. Not sure who did the KISS overlay, but if Jeff is selling them I'm guessing he is printing them?

Quoted from PACMAN:

Speaking of Silvers, I've seen Herbs work up close and it was really bad. He used a Kiss overlay and it looked like the dunes of the Sahara. Hills and valleys all over the place and pinched where anything went through the playfield (screws, posts,etc)

This sounds like more of an issue with installation than with the overlay itself. I've done a lot of reading prior to doing this so trying what I think is the best approach for me. If this has issues or doesn't work out we'll change things on the next one.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-cpr-flash-gordon-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.