Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

Comet (Williams, 1985)

Added: 2015-04-30 00:56:04 UTC • Ended: May 26th, 2015

Price

Wanted

WTB comet Playfield used or NOS. PM me with what you have and let's make a deal!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are ToucanF16's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to ToucanF16's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Olive Branch, MS, US

#2 8 years ago

Bump, there's gotta be someone with a repairable Comet PF!

#3 8 years ago

Good luck. Been looking for a good one here in Louisiana just to scan for over a year now! Mine is trashed and I'll be restoring it as soon as I get a good scan to do all the decals all I need.

#4 8 years ago

No, there is no-one with a Comet playfield.

We've all been looking for quite some time now!

Best you're gonna get is some hi-res scans to create decals and/or airbrush templates from.

CPR has decided there isn't enough "demand" for a Comet PF. Even though the artwork is finished and sitting there for a run.

#5 8 years ago

There are over 8000 people looking for a new Comet playfield, believe me.

#6 8 years ago

I would buy one if CPR did them

#7 8 years ago

I know my WTB playfield listing is wishful thinking, but I had to ask! I can't believe CPR won't make a run of this PF with over 8000 machines out there. You know there is a demand. CPR, are you listening?

#8 8 years ago

What are the exact requirements that must be met before CPR will consider reproducing a certain playfield? I need two of them. Everyone I know that has a Comet needs a new playfield. At the bare minimum, a great overlay would be better than any playfield that I've seen. They are all trashed. This is a very popular title and lots of folks would like to spruce up their machines but the two most important pieces that you need are not reproduced. The playfield and the center ramp! I just don't get it?? Why is this??

#9 8 years ago

Suddenly, this game will become important/valuable again if repro PFs are made. It is a very addictive game, and very charming. I did a restore of this game as my first PF job, not an easy game to do because of all the detail in the game. Definitely a candidate for overlay or CPR.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

What are the exact requirements that must be met before CPR will consider reproducing a certain playfield? I need two of them. Everyone I know that has a Comet needs a new playfield. At the bare minimum, a great overlay would be better than any playfield that I've seen. They are all trashed. This is a very popular title and lots of folks would like to spruce up their machines but the two most important pieces that you need are not reproduced. The playfield and the center ramp! I just don't get it?? Why is this??

Talk to Stu. I've had this convo with him before. They determine "demand" and claim they have a better grip on true numbers - regardless of what Pinside or any other forum (of, you know, collectors and restorers) says. Since they own the rights and the artwork, guess what? Doesn't really matter what we think - apparently, we're just the clueless customers that keep CPR and others in business with our money.

It's the first of Python's amazing Circus Trilogy - some of the highest earning pins of all time and a staple of any 80's arcade. There were over 8000 made. Nearly every single one has a trashed PF, and it's a classic, family fun game with addictive gameplay.

But there is *no* demand for PF or BG's. Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Have fun. I've beat my head against this particular wall already!!

#11 8 years ago

I would be great if they re-ran Comet with blacklight reactive paints.

Then you could do a blacklight with the GI relay so when the game flashes on and off, you would get the blacklight glow.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-comet-williams-1985-1986 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.