(Topic ID: 149128)

Wanted : Chexx hockey players

By Stradermays

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Parts - wanted

Wanted : Chexx hockey players

Added: 2016-01-11 22:48:26 UTC

#2 8 years ago

Hi,

You can purchase extra sets of both USA and USSR 1980 hockey players direct from ICE.

http://www.icegame.com/p-23913-1980-usa-team-home.aspx
    http://www.icegame.com/p-23884-1980-cccp-team-away.aspx

They are $99.00 per team for a complete set of each team. If you want buy one or two spare players you may want to contact ICE directly.

http://www.icegame.com/c-22-super-chexx.aspx

Gord

#3 8 years ago

I have some

#4 8 years ago

I have some. pm sent

#5 8 years ago

bump - I still need a couple short stick players, both USA and Russia. Prefer the plastic post figures.

#6 8 years ago

Anyone with old style short stick players?

#7 8 years ago

i have some nos players
    pm me

#8 8 years ago

Pm sent

#9 8 years ago

i thought you were looking for CHEXX hockey players ---- as in dudes who play the game... i have some dirty moves with that game,,,, play nightly and that game is BY FAR the best game in my basement and i have some GOOD pinballs! its on like donkey kong when someone says "already see you in the bubble in the basement"

sorry no little hockey men for sale.. but we are wearin ours out!!! HA

#11 8 years ago

Pinnaf, anytime you are in Las Vegas and need a challenge, look me up. My 12 yr old is killing me, he is consistently beating me handily.

I do still need a couple players as the sticks are bent on a couple players. Short stick USA and Russia.

it's a great game and is getting more play then the pinball right now.

#12 8 years ago

not sure when if ever in vegas but like-wise to you if you make that DC "Smithsonian trip"

will let your 12yr old take on my middle boy (16yr old)

I rarely come within 2 goals of him

he can pass the puck from defender to his centerman between my 2 guys seamlessly - and is constantly setting up a 1 timer (what you would call in real hockey a breakaway attempt)... its actually a micro flaw of the game in that if you can thread that needle - well - its almost like game over! I tell him to quit it and "play like a man" and take a shot from other places too.

I have what I call a "seeing eye puck" shot from defender to right of goal to upper left corner of goal on other end, I actually get down eye view and watch it fly and hit in net... bad a$$.. I razz my boy when I pull it off!

NOW GET FIXIN THAT GAME

I love this thing so much I went out and bought a SUPER KIXX (but the soccer version of this comes in a DISTANT second!) - I had 2 of them and booooorrrrinnnnnnnng... so I sold them both.

MOSTEST FUNNEST GAME EVER BUILT!

#13 8 years ago

That shot sounds oh too familiar. He sends the puck right thru the crease and sets it up almost evertime. My only hope it to keep it away from that one defender. Im with you, absolutely love the game but find myself yelling at it more than I should. I'm a bit competitive!

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinnaf:

not sure when if ever in vegas but like-wise to you if you make that DC "Smithsonian trip"
    will let your 12yr old take on my middle boy (16yr old)
    I rarely come within 2 goals of him
    he can pass the puck from defender to his centerman between my 2 guys seamlessly - and is constantly setting up a 1 timer (what you would call in real hockey a breakaway attempt)... its actually a micro flaw of the game in that if you can thread that needle - well - its almost like game over! I tell him to quit it and "play like a man" and take a shot from other places too.
    I have what I call a "seeing eye puck" shot from defender to right of goal to upper left corner of goal on other end, I actually get down eye view and watch it fly and hit in net... bad a$$.. I razz my boy when I pull it off!
    NOW GET FIXIN THAT GAME
    I love this thing so much I went out and bought a SUPER KIXX (but the soccer version of this comes in a DISTANT second!) - I had 2 of them and booooorrrrinnnnnnnng... so I sold them both.
    MOSTEST FUNNEST GAME EVER BUILT!

We play our Chexx a ton too...it's really popular when friends come over....as is the "thread" move.

I was reading on a SuperChexx board that the thread move is frowned upon as a hack-move in competition play... I guess the super Super Chexx players don't need it. )

#15 8 years ago

My fav trick is to push (not shoot) the puck into the glass with the right hand long stick guy and the puck will bounce sometimes right into the center and you can bang it in

#16 8 years ago

That's a great move catboxer, difficult to defend as well.

#17 8 years ago

Bump: I'm still looking for a couple short stick players? Are there any old ones out there?

#18 8 years ago

Are there any short stick Russia vs USA players available? Still need a couple to upgrade my game.

Thank you
    Michael

#19 8 years ago

You can buy them direct from ICE... here's complete USA: http://www.icegame.com/p-23913-1980-usa-team-home.aspx

I bought the Caps and Flyers from them...like 'em.

#20 8 years ago

HACK MOVE???? Yeah I cant stand it and all but if your objective is to win, and if you are super competitive, well,,, nuff said. ITS CALLED "SCORE BOARD.... SCORE BOARD".... atleast that is what I hear from my boys when I complain, HA!

HACK MOVE? not so... just get as good with "YOUR" moves and keep it off that defensive passer's stick! that is what I say!

Yes - learning more moves is more "fun" as far as I am concerned. The one I am trying to perfect now is right defenseman pass to 1 timer shot to left defenseman! (yeah right across your own goalie's crease..... kind of a sassy move when you pull it off right!)

the other move that is a killer is from either winner a backhand pass... off the close wall.... having puck move right into the crease for the one timer! its a timing mind-meld thing that even as a defender of it you cant time it... will try to send video clip of it. AGAIN... a SASSY MOVE!

one thing I wondered is amoung the nutty chexx leagues or whatever HOW FROWNED UPON IT IS IT TO "HOLD THE PUCK" WITH A 1 GOAL LEAD.... call it stall move? who could ref that or regulate that in some form of competitive league?????

again super chexx is BY FAR THE BEST GAME, pin, arcade, driver, new , old , whatever.

#21 8 years ago

<<from either winner a backhand pass>>

opps sorry I meant to say WINGER (not winner) getting carried away

#22 8 years ago

I may have to resort to the new players but was hoping to keep with original old style to match the ones in there now. Only need a couple.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from Stradermays:

I may have to resort to the new players but was hoping to keep with original old style to match the ones in there now. Only need a couple.

Try here: http://chexxfan.proboards.com

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinnaf:

HACK MOVE???? Yeah I cant stand it and all but if your objective is to win, and if you are super competitive, well,,, nuff said. ITS CALLED "SCORE BOARD.... SCORE BOARD".... atleast that is what I hear from my boys when I complain, HA!
    HACK MOVE? not so... just get as good with "YOUR" moves and keep it off that defensive passer's stick! that is what I say!
    Yes - learning more moves is more "fun" as far as I am concerned. The one I am trying to perfect now is right defenseman pass to 1 timer shot to left defenseman! (yeah right across your own goalie's crease..... kind of a sassy move when you pull it off right!)
    the other move that is a killer is from either winner a backhand pass... off the close wall.... having puck move right into the crease for the one timer! its a timing mind-meld thing that even as a defender of it you cant time it... will try to send video clip of it. AGAIN... a SASSY MOVE!
    one thing I wondered is amoung the nutty chexx leagues or whatever HOW FROWNED UPON IT IS IT TO "HOLD THE PUCK" WITH A 1 GOAL LEAD.... call it stall move? who could ref that or regulate that in some form of competitive league?????
    again super chexx is BY FAR THE BEST GAME, pin, arcade, driver, new , old , whatever.

Hey man... don't shoot the messenger... just relaying what I read.

I guess it's a hack move to more experienced players.

#25 8 years ago

Maybe it's just me, or just my game, but we bought a SuperChexx just a year ago, and the "unstoppable thread the needle pass" is not effective. The gap that the defending team can create is now smaller than the puck, so it can now be defended much much better. I have played on older games, and have no problem threading the needle over and over again, but not my game at home.

#26 8 years ago

I think you can alter the gap...no?

2 weeks later
    #27 8 years ago

One more bump. Looking for a couple short stick players, USA vs Russia.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-chexx-hockey-players and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.