• 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

66535 (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Wanted: Capcom Kingpin

Added: 2018-03-14 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (August 26th, 2018) • Ended: November 7th, 2021

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

Wanted

Item description

Serious buyer looking for an original Kingpin. Straight sale or trades available. Let me know if you are interested in selling. Thanks.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are the_doors's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to the_doors's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Savannah, GA, US

#2 6 years ago

10k by x-mas?

#3 6 years ago

Try 40k.

#4 6 years ago

Haven't you heard? The remakes are coming!

#5 6 years ago

Realistically, what are the odds to find one?

#6 6 years ago

about the same as Jim Morrison still be alive!

#7 6 years ago

One was for sale here a year or so back and the asking price was around $80k. But that was long before the current remake was announced or even rumored.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-kingpin

#8 6 years ago

Prices dropping faster than college girl panties.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Haven't you heard? The remakes are coming!

..And so people think originals might be cheaper.

#10 6 years ago

I know where there is a very nice original Capcom Kingpin ... Very private collector near me and he already has stupid money, so I know this one will NOT be for sale...

Best of luck locating one,

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Realistically, what are the odds to find one?

Not good, but you'll never know unless you try.

#12 6 years ago

$25k

#13 6 years ago

I know of 2 of them - both definitely not for sale

#14 6 years ago

This is almost as crazy as trying to buy a TNA right now without waiting in line.

#15 6 years ago

The funny part is that at least three of the current original Kingpin owners are supporters of the project.

#17 6 years ago

I know that my high end client will not let go of his. They do not change hands much, that's for sure. And the people that can afford it, really don't care about the money part.

#18 6 years ago

Save $48,500 and buy a Breakshot.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is almost as crazy as trying to buy a TNA right now without waiting in line.

That wouldn’t take super crazy money. $10k and you can buy mine.

#20 6 years ago

Bump back to the top. I'm excited about the remake, but would love the shot at an original! Please let me know if you are even remotely interested in selling. Thanks!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

That wouldn’t take super crazy money. $10k and you can buy mine.

Would you throw a King Kong too? I'm still dreaming of that Long Duck Dong makeover.

#22 6 years ago

Who ever has the pinball 2000 Playboy prototype...you and I need to have a beer!

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Who ever has the pinball 2000 Playboy prototype...you and I need to have a beer!

I've played it and its meh - works sometimes - is very far from complete

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

I love your enthusiasm! The layout for Playboy was a great layout, and the sound tracks for it were pretty nice, though very few were finished at the time WMS shut down.

Quoted from iwantansi:

I've played it and its meh - works sometimes - is very far from complete

Unfortunately, this is a very very accurate statement about the game.

I'd love to build one some day, but it'll just take a TON of work to get it going. Certainly more than it took for KP and Wizard Blocks combined.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

I'd love to build one some day, but it'll just take a TON of work to get it going.

That would be awesome to work on pinball 2000 playboy one of these days , but for now I'm fixed on your Kingpin project.
It was such a great surprise to see and play Kingpin.
Hope you fruits of labor are bountiful and the Diet Mt. Dew perpetual.
66535 (resized).png66535 (resized).png

#26 6 years ago

Bump again! Time to get rid of that 20 year old pin and buy a new one! Drop me a note, I am sure we can work something out.

Thanks for looking!

#27 6 years ago

The last one we were aware of trading hands went for over 60k.

It's not a title that our remake will likely have any impact on pricing as far as original games go. We've talked to several of the original owners, and they have all been super supportive of the project.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

The last one we were aware of trading hands went for over 60k.
It's not a title that our remake will likely have any impact on pricing as far as original games go. We've talked to several of the original owners, and they have all been super supportive of the project.

Why don’t you think the remakes will affect value of originals? Just curious as the CGC remakes had a very strong impact.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Why don’t you think the remakes will affect value of originals? Just curious as the CGC remakes had a very strong impact.

I think it's a different beast here. There were already thousands of MMr and AFMs out there. In this case there are only eight of the original prototype Kingpins. They will always continue to be Prototype games from Capcom.

That and the high end collectors that own them don't seem to care how much they are worth or that there will be a run of them at some point. At least three of the current owners love what we are doing, help us with our project, and have no intention of selling theirs. So while not all of the owners, I have a pretty good sample size so far, albeit not a random sampling.

Paul

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

I think it's a different beast here. There were already thousands of MMr and AFMs out there. In this case there are only eight of the original prototype Kingpins. They will always continue to be Prototype games from Capcom.
That and the high end collectors that own them don't seem to care how much they are worth or that there will be a run of them at some point. At least three of the current owners love what we are doing, help us with our project, and have no intention of selling theirs. So while not all of the owners, I have a pretty good sample size so far, albeit not a random sampling.

While the current owners may not care and may have no intention to sell, when the game one day does leave their collection for whatever reason (death, divorce, etc) they will not be able to command the same price then post remake as could have been commanded before. The value will be different due to additional copies. Again, as you say, they may not care, but the remake will impact the market value of the prototype...doesn’t mean they will be fire sold now (or even sold at all now).

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-capcom-kingpin?hl=baronmarto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.