Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4058_(resized).JPG
IMG_4059_(1)_(resized).JPG
IMG_4062_(resized).JPG
bop4_(resized).jpg
bop2_(resized).jpg
bop1_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyonsden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

cfh, really!
How difficult can it be for them to buy the parts and put them together in a pack and send out?
Maybe they should do what Pinnovating did with Demo man on steroids that being just sell the software/code for $500 leave the rest up to the consumer...

I seem to recall that you could purchase the software separately from the hardware (though, it is a lot of hardware.)

#10 8 years ago

I thought about buying 2.0 this time around, but after all the delays with the first batch (and the TBL fiasco), I realized I didn't have the stomach it. Getting a new playfield, even though the wait was incredibly long, was how I like to do business. Once he had a product to send, he sent me a bill. I paid and in the mail the playfield went. I just can't do the "send us your money; then we will buy parts and assemble kits; then we will send it to you".

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

^^^
Exactly this!!
I would love one of these kits but the current ordering process has too much of a "sketchy" factor built in to make me feel comfortable dropping 2K.

Yes -- and the part I also don't like is that no matter how well anyone thinks they know their supply chain, there will be wrong parts sent, wrong quantity sent, out of stock, unforeseen delays (e.g., Oakland Port being on strike), etc. I went through getting supplies to build and ship 50 pinduino boards, and hit every one of these problems. Some I caught and fixed quickly; some I didn't realize until I was assembling kits to ship. To get everything together for the pinduino took two months, those kits sold for $40, and were a fraction of the complexity of the BoP 2.0 kit. Not to mention, I wasn't trying to build and ship entire pinball machines at the same time (though, I guess I still had my day job to do).

In the end, I wish Dutch Pinball the best of luck, but I just can't send them my cash knowing that they have nothing to ship. Similarly, I won't buy NIB games that I haven't seen the game play (and better yet, played it myself). Call me old school. However, I would (and frequently do) buy computer code. In fact, I love buying software these days. I send money and get my product (downloaded) in minutes.

2 months later
#25 8 years ago

That really sucks!

Quoted from lyonsden:

I thought about buying 2.0 this time around, but after all the delays with the first batch (and the TBL fiasco), I realized I didn't have the stomach it. Getting a new playfield, even though the wait was incredibly long, was how I like to do business. Once he had a product to send, he sent me a bill. I paid and in the mail the playfield went. I just can't do the "send us your money; then we will buy parts and assemble kits; then we will send it to you".

Just to quote myself . . . I don't like how DP does its business. $2k is a lot of money to have when you miss a delivery date by 3 months and don't post regular updates. At least DP is consistent with how they treat customers, so chances are you will get your kit (just not sure when.)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
Decals
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyonsden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-bop-20-kit?tu=lyonsden and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.