(Topic ID: 208079)

Wanted! BBB Tube Dancer (Have one to trade)

By Starscream

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Magic_Mike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5459 (resized).JPG
P1020187 (resized).JPG
P1020186 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

#1 1 year ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Wanted

wanted

Wanted! BBB Tube Dancer (Have one to trade)

Added: January 23rd, 2018

Item description

Seems to be a few of these threads popping up but I'm in need of a BBB tube dancer,
Mine twisted itself to pieces which was lovely to watch so I'm putting the feelers out to see if anyone has a nos dancer laying around they don't need,

I have a repro tube dancer that I am using now I can throw in for trade if anyone is holding an original for use other than the game,

Might as well say I'd be interested in other BBB parts anyone else has so let me know what you have got hoarded away

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an expired ad.

Item location

Pearl River, NY, US

Seller insights

These are Starscream's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Starscream's stats page

#2 1 year ago

Big Bang oh bollocks I'll never find one Bump!

#3 1 year ago

How did it twist itself to pieces?

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

How did it twist itself to pieces?

Yeah.... never heard of that before.

#5 1 year ago

I guess the rubber its made of degraded? I watched her legs stay in place while the torso twisted up like a corkscrew and ripped at the crotch

Turned the game off, by that time she had broken, the rubber almost feels like old chewing gum,
She did eventually go back into shape after taking it out a day later so I tried refitting it and within 30 seconds it did the same thing

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Starscream:

I guess the rubber its made of degraded? I watched her legs stay in place while the torso twisted up like a corkscrew and ripped at the crotch
Turned the game off, by that time she had broken, the rubber almost feels like old chewing gum,
She did eventually go back into shape after taking it out a day later so I tried refitting it and within 30 seconds it did the same thing

Pics or it didn't happen. Good luck with the search!

Brad

#7 1 year ago

This just happened to one in Indiana I can't remember where but they're just picked one up and dancer broke just a couple weeks after it was on location.

#8 1 year ago

Maybe the rubber softener is going old.

Every plastic is aging. Like old computer from white to brown or the old clear playfield plastics.

If the mixture is not 100 %, i am afraid that this can happen to the others as well.

I put a Barbara in the tube to save my original one.

#9 1 year ago

I had mine do the same thing, twisted at the waste and broke in half.

#10 1 year ago

Well I'm hoping other owners or BBB enthusiasts might have a spare tucked away they don't really need that would be better used in a game rather than a parts shelf

#11 1 year ago

I thought there was a Pinsider that was making some re-pops but for the life of me I can't find that tread now. Maybe someone has it as a fav...

#12 1 year ago

If they remake BBB there will be plenty of new ones...

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I thought there was a Pinsider that was making some re-pops but for the life of me I can't find that tread now. Maybe someone has it as a fav...

Yup I got two of his, the last two infact, The neon green and blue
Just really want an original in the game,

and Ted I really really really don't see them remaking this game, again, lol,
After watching Al Warners awesome documentary Pins and Vids and seeing all the BS Gene went through I just cannot see that being a reality,
Plus there are zero Capcom boardsets left or Capcom parts available, So all the boards, mechs, coils, flippers, links, are going to be what? PPS/Williams? Plus the cab is different, the siderails, head hinges, and how many translights are left? I just can't see it

#14 1 year ago

But, I thought Rick said it was on the remake list....

#15 1 year ago

From a playfield spare parts stand point sure remake away!

make me some tube dancers!

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Starscream:

After watching Al Warners awesome documentary Pins and Vids and seeing all the BS Gene went through I just cannot see that being a reality,
Plus there are zero Capcom boardsets left or Capcom parts available, So all the boards, mechs, coils, flippers, links, are going to be what? PPS/Williams? Plus the cab is different, the siderails, head hinges, and how many translights are left? I just can't see it

It will be interesting if Circus Maximus announces KingPin at TPF this year as rumored. Interesting picture on their Facebook page and some discussion in the Pinball Circus thread. If they do that and are successful I see no reason that BBB will not be remade.

#17 1 year ago

Also adding I'd be ok with the nude color/blond dancer too if anyone has one of those

Still looking

#18 1 year ago

Where do you see that pins and vids episode? I cant find it and would like to see it!

Quoted from Starscream:

#19 1 year ago

Watch out with BBB parts .. there are very strange people on the road .. telling you they have everything and blablabla ......
but nothing comes around except hot air ....

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Watch out with BBB parts .. there are very strange people on the road .. telling you they have everything and blablabla ......
but nothing comes around except hot air ....

I was just about to bump this saying something similar,
I have had two leads on tube dancers now go silent on me that I know have one,

Hey third times the charm, still looking for one

#21 1 year ago

Bump, still looking

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Starscream:

I was just about to bump this saying something similar,
I have had two leads on tube dancers now go silent on me that I know have one,
Hey third times the charm, still looking for one

People love boasting that they have parts they don't need. They arn't for sale, but just wanted to let you know about them to make themselves feel better.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from lordloss:

People love boasting that they have parts they don't need. They arn't for sale, but just wanted to let you know about them to make themselves feel better.

Whats worse is they don't even own the game, -yeah, really,

anywhooooooo, Still looking,.......................

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Yep ... my adventure was that a guy, also active in this thread, told me that he has several parts for me but he neeeed a CPU. So I bought a Capcom CPU for hell lot of money ... and have it still in my spareparts box .... some hundred Euros sitting around now ...

I have a blue repro dancer which will not fit in the undertrousers ... any ideas ??

P1020186 (resized).JPG

P1020187 (resized).JPG

#25 1 year ago

Lots of lube, but that should fit if you squeeze her upper thighs together first then carefully work her belt up a little at a time. Be careful because you can break the belt. BB Barbara there can handle the original belt.

#26 1 year ago

Seeing as everyone is convinced this games getting remade what harm could come from a little BUMP and I'm still looking, Its time to "letgo"

I also have a ton of BBB parts stashed away I might be willing to use as trade bait if need be if cash isn't your thing

#27 1 year ago

The original ones eventually did/will disintegrate.

The one that Rob Morrison (the designer) gave me, turned into a green puddle of slime.

He told me that they didn't have time to do a proper test on some of the materials, once they found out that they were losing their jobs.

The IPB versions were 10x better and made of a harder, more durable rubber.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I have a blue repro dancer which will not fit in the undertrousers ... any ideas ??

Liposuction

#29 1 year ago

Its virgin rubber so use Vaseline and push it in very slowly and should pop over the thighs

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

Its virgin rubber so use Vaseline and push it in very slowly and should pop over the thighs

#31 1 year ago

Thank you all ... it worked for me and the lady is in her trousers now !

I am still looking for some parts .. if omeone would like to trade or sell BBB parts, just let me know.
- wireramps
- original dancer figurine
- yellow tube
- NOS alien figurine
- el foil pcb
- diverter

I have CPU and soundboard, ramp arrows

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

Where do you see that pins and vids episode? I cant find it and would like to see it!

Marco use to carry it, but it looks like it's out of stock: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PAV3

Maybe Al Warner will make some more...?

#33 1 year ago

What the hell, another bump, got a little attention last time, sadly didn't go anywhere so hey maybe 4rth times the charm!
then 5th,
then 6th, 7th, etc

#34 1 year ago

Bump

#35 1 year ago

Bump, still looking,

#36 1 year ago

what's an IPB tube dancer worth these days? I know they were sold cheap when the games were picked up by Gene. Wonder how many are out there.

#37 1 year ago

The only one I know of out there is owned by Gene I think. They are probably worth $250 to $300 but may not be worth it due to age and the may gum when used up due to age. We remade these with newer "smooth on" material and sold them with belt for $125. We do not own a rubber injection machine (probably cost several thousand) which is the best way to make them so we hand poured ours in a two part mold cast from our original 3d printed model. Not ever one poured turned out and lost like 25 percent of them due to various factors. The dancer is really small so it was hard to get any fine details like fingers, toes, ears to pour correctly. We did vacuum the pour material to get the air out so not to have bubbles in the final product and then also used a syringe to get into the mold cavities but they are sort of pain to make so don't know if we want to do anymore and when someone ask we sort of groan but do like the cash when done. We sold just like a little over 20 of them.

#38 1 year ago

When or if they do remake BBB id guess that will make these parts more obtainable. Wonder if they have the original tooling to remake all the parts to capcom specs.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

The only one I know of out there is owned by Gene I think. They are probably worth $250 to $300 but may not be worth it due to age and the may gum when used up due to age.

Gene gave all of his buyers the option to buy extra parts. The rubber that IPB used was harder and far superior than the soft Capcom rubber. Somewhat similar to Barbie doll rubber.

They should last for a very long, long time.

Years ago, someone here paid a undisclosed amount for one of the flesh colored ones that IPB made.

IMG_5459 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside