Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20170117_074735959 (resized).jpg
16142598_255962934837036_7705129252628888455_n.jpg
Watching.jpg
its-a-trap-1.gif
PPP.jpg
Meow.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Wanted: Batman 66 LE Edition

Added: 2016-11-17 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (January 9th, 2017) • Ended: January 30th, 2017

Price

Wanted

Looking to buy the Stern Batman 66 LE pinball.
Please contact me if you are willing to sell.

Thanks

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are gosik's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to gosik's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Rockville, MD, US

#2 7 years ago

I think Stern has a clause that You can't flip game right away as they have 1st right of refusal to buy back????

#3 7 years ago

There is no such clause. Was mentioned early on but did not come to pass.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

There is a clause and it's in the paperwork for the SLE.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Who cares, not enforceable.

Wait awhile and get one for much less than $15k

#6 7 years ago

Play it, if you have not already at Rock Fantasy. Anyone that I have known who played it, is not impressed.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Play it, if you have not already at Rock Fantasy. Anyone that I have known who played it, is not impressed.

Everyone i know that's played it, is impressed. Play before you buy.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Everyone i know that's played it, is impressed. Play before you buy.

I don't know how when there's so little there right now even with the update

#9 7 years ago

I have an SLE in my house, paperwork in the coin box. I never signed anything, my receipt directly from Stern says nothing.

Can you take a pic of what you have?

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

There is a clause and it's in the paperwork for the SLE.

Quoted from Mojosan:

never signed anything, my receipt directly from Stern says nothing.

Now listen here meow, I would like to see your paperwork-Mkay...There will be no reselling SLE's around here meow..

Meow.jpgMeow.jpg

PPP.jpgPPP.jpg

#11 7 years ago

Have an LE, played it, love it, even with early code...GL on your quest!!!

#12 7 years ago

#13 7 years ago

its-a-trap-1.gifits-a-trap-1.gif

#14 7 years ago

Its a Trap! Watch Out!

Gary is that you?

Watching.jpgWatching.jpg

#15 7 years ago

For real all these people talking smack that have either TWD, Metallica, or AC/DC in their lineup should be ashamed they know how LYMAN works give the man his time to work on the game it is was more innovative then say AC/DC which is just a hack design of T2

#16 7 years ago

Why not just buy a premium, same game and a lot cheaper....You could get 2 premiums for the price of one SLE

1 week later
#17 7 years ago

Looks like Op changed his request to "LE" , not "SLE" ...certainly no issue there, except, limited # of units....GL w hunt!!!

#18 7 years ago

The are issues, consider carefully OP.
Playfield quality of a BM66 LE on route, locally in Seattle, WA, less than 3 weeks after being unboxed.
Stern has not corrected/identified playfield issues regarding ink screening and clearcoats.
This is what people have received for their $10K.
This did not consider that the game was already non-functional.
Even the oversized magnet, did not solve the problem, the clearcoat and paint started chipping.

This is in response to the classic, typical response of "prove it" on PinSide.
Raw, untouched, unadulterated photo for everyone's review.

I do not think anyone really believe that Stern corrected the problem, and took the plunge anyway.
They are not winning any favors from operators right now.
Is this what people expect for their money?
Would a person buy another type of product for the same amount of money, and expect the same results?

I have never personally seen this happen with playfields on games in over 30 years collecting, and 40 years playing in less than a month of time, EXCEPT on a really jacked up game from Bally in the 1980s that had a serious factory playfield error from the start, which was immediately replaced. I have seen this happen on some problematic game titles by BLY/WMS in the 80-90s, but it took between 3-6 months with a defective playfields mostly on insert chipping. Some of these titles resulted in D1M playfields being shipped out as "the fix".
The average to see any kind of this type wear even on modern CC playfield games (non modern games) is 10K plays, if the game is never cleaned.
I have seen AFM with 80+K plays and only this type of minor chipping at the primary saucer.

"For some people pinball is like cocaine. It is addicting, and way overpriced depending on where you buy the product."
- TBK

16142598_255962934837036_7705129252628888455_n.jpg16142598_255962934837036_7705129252628888455_n.jpg

#19 7 years ago

Is it just me or does is look like the magnet is sitting lower than the PF. Not sure but if it slightly is this will happen very quickly.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Is it just me or does is look like the magnet is sitting lower than the PF. Not sure but if it slightly is this will happen very quickly.

The magnet core was level, but starting to peen.
This is a playfield production issue, similar to what happened with later production 2015 METs.

"New pinball owners will continue to pay more for less in all areas, especially if no market research is conducted by buyers."
- TBK

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

This is a playfield production issue, similar to what happened with later production 2015 METs.
"New pinball owners will continue to pay more for less, especially if no market research is conducted."
- TBK

Is this your game ? Was wondering if you would have a PF date.

#22 7 years ago

Is this what you expect for your money?

This is heart breaking as I do like the theme.
-Mike

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Is this your game ? Was wondering if you would have a PF date.

This is not my routed game.
This game is currently at Quarter World arcade in Portland, Oregon.
There are a total of THREE BM66 LEs in the PNW region, I am aware, and they all are exhibiting issues of various types.
The one at Shorty's in Seattle, WA is very similar.
I have seen 2 out of the 3 games currently, and know the owners personally.
All three of these were shipped from the factory based on production date in late DEC 16-early JAN 17.
In most cases, we are talking LESS than 3 weeks, but there is no possible way these games have 10K plays.

Keep in mind this single photo is only one of the supposed 240 LE games, but there are not that many, and I cannot confirm how far into the production line that Stern has completed any of the three versions, as I am not production manager. However, ALL the SLE, LEs, and Premiums are using the same playfield run, as they were made at nearly the same time about 4 months ago. PF production date is basically not relevant at the current time, as we are talking a fairly small run of playfields. This is not MET.

Simply put, this is not acceptable as a commercial device, IMPO, as all three games are not in neglected locations, especially considering their baseline cost. I am just sharing what other people already know, choose not to say, don't understand, or don't really care.
I do care, as I want any owner to get the best quality product for their money, whether a used, displayed, or NIB game.
I am part of the "Old Guard" of pinball for a reason, although people are welcome to disagree with me.

There is no malicious intent here by Stern, just the circumstances of the recent past regarding playfields have not been fully corrected.
Anyone considering NIB games or lightly used games should be aware of certain titles that remain problematic, as some of these titles are going to start showing up on the used market, if operators are not able to obtain sufficient income, and they will dump them on private owners attempting to recoup losses.

#24 7 years ago

What Im wondering is if these were PFs made before mid OCT. I know that 66 was postponed, then rushed out at the end. Would be interesting to find out.

#25 7 years ago

Peen you say?

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Agreed, by the look of the photo....I've got over 140 on mine...some normal dimpling ( including magnet) but nothing like this.

Certainly sad, but appears one side of the magnet was low, hence the bashing of wood on that side. Thought playfield issues were ghosting, chipping on GB....one BM exhibited this that I saw in another thread.

The game is a blast to play, even with early code....maybe your concerns are better posted in the " what's your impression" thread, as opposed to " saving" the Op who simply wants to buy one.....geesh

#27 7 years ago

The are issues, consider carefully OP.
Playfield quality of a BM66 LE on route, locally in Seattle, WA, less than 3 weeks after being unboxed.
Stern has not corrected/identified playfield issues regarding ink screening and clearcoats.
This is what people have received for their $10K.
This did not consider that the game was already non-functional.
Even the oversized magnet, did not solve the problem, the clearcoat and paint started chipping.
This is in response to the classic, typical response of "prove it" on PinSide.
Raw, untouched, unadulterated photo for everyone's review.
I do not think anyone really believe that Stern corrected the problem, and took the plunge anyway.
They are not winning any favors from operators right now.
Is this what people expect for their money?
Would a person buy another type of product for the same amount of money, and expect the same results?
I have never personally seen this happen with playfields on games in over 30 years collecting, and 40 years playing in less than a month of time, EXCEPT on a really jacked up game from Bally in the 1980s that had a serious factory playfield error from the start, which was immediately replaced. I have seen this happen on some problematic game titles by BLY/WMS in the 80-90s, but it took between 3-6 months with a defective playfields mostly on insert chipping. Some of these titles resulted in D1M playfields being shipped out as "the fix".
The average to see any kind of this type wear even on modern CC playfield games (non modern games) is 10K plays, if the game is never cleaned.
I have seen AFM with 80+K plays and only this type of minor chipping at the primary saucer.
"For some people pinball is like cocaine. It is addicting, and way overpriced depending on where you buy the product."
- TBK

I don't understand why Stern wouldn't apply mylar around the edges of the magnet to prevent wear? On my TWD I used some peel n stick pop bumper mylar circles. Protects well and doesn't effect gameplay.

IMG_20170117_074735959 (resized).jpgIMG_20170117_074735959 (resized).jpg

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed, by the look of the photo....I've got over 140 on mine...some normal dimpling ( including magnet) but nothing like this.
Certainly sad, but appears one side of the magnet was low, hence the bashing of wood on that side. Thought playfield issues were ghosting, chipping on GB....one BM exhibited this that I saw in another thread.
The game is a blast to play, even with early code....maybe your concerns are better posted in the " what's your impression" thread, as opposed to " saving" the Op who simply wants to buy one.....geesh

I have new BM66Le #66 and it has over 100+ plays with no pf issues. Minor dimpling on the mag core but very hard to notice. It plays great and very fun. However, my older Williams pins do not have any dimpling or craters. In fact a friend of mine has an EarthShaker with over 140k+ plays with no dimpling or issues that some of these newer Sterns are having. Hopefully Stern gets their QC under control before a big theme like StarWars is launched or pf protectors will become the norm.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

However, my older Williams pins do not have any dimpling or craters. In fact a friend of mine has an EarthShaker with over 140k+ plays with no dimpling or issues that some of these newer Sterns are having. Hopefully Stern gets their QC under control before a big theme like StarWars is launched or pf protectors will become the norm.

"There is no such thing as a 'non-dimpled' pinball playfield, including plastic, plexiglass, D1M, and other coatings. Playfields can have less initial dimpling simply dependent on playfield design, speed, age, ramps, and impact points, but any new owner should be aware that until compression of the wood is equalized based on the amount of standard 'wear and tear' of gameplay via the use of the pinball, a playfield will continue to dimple throughout its lifetime. Damage occurs to all playfields, regardless of coatings and quality of maintenance. Playfield material construction (not ink screening or coatings which has evolved) has remained virtually unchanged for over 50 years. What makes dimples more noticeable on modern games is their clearcoat design and the fact that until the early 1990s very few people purchased games NIB, but they still exist."

- TBK

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-batman-66-sl-edition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.