• 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16749146200556267043887540881348 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

Wanted: Back box lamp sockets

Added: 2023-01-25 19:18:51 UTC • Ended: February 27th, 2023

Price

Wanted

#24-8817 or some equivilant replacement. everyone is out of stock. No diode needed.
Will buy a lot of them.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are chad's market stats.

bronze Seller Level

chad has the Pinside Bronze seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to chad's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Rockford, IL, US

#2 1 year ago

Pinball Resource is out?

#3 1 year ago

I wish someone could rerun a batch f these. They’ve been impossible to find.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I wish someone could rerun a batch f these. They’ve been impossible to find.

So many games need them as the plastic is 30 plus years old and heat damaged....

#5 1 year ago

I should state the sockets are for WPC style games. I have the em version listed, can't seem to change that.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

I should state the sockets are for WPC style games. I have the em version listed, can't seem to change that.

Any luck, why wouldn't these be readily available. Every game I have ever seen they are brittle and dried out from the heat i would imagine with all the restorations going on somebody should be making them

#7 1 year ago

No dice.
I've seen the black plastic version, that is for a flasher.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

No dice.
I've seen the black plastic version, that is for a flasher.

Where I actually need those????

#9 1 year ago

I saw them at marco, now out of stock.

#10 1 year ago

Are you looking for new or used? I still have an inner door from Strike Master that I parted out.

#11 1 year ago

Hi... I got 9 pcs , 3x w/ Diode.
LMK if interested.
Thx.

16749146200556267043887540881348 (resized).jpg16749146200556267043887540881348 (resized).jpg
#12 1 year ago
Quoted from XPABLO:

Hi... I got 9 pcs , 3x w/ Diode.
LMK if interested.
Thx.
[quoted image]

Do the black ones have the diodes? I need black ones with no diodes

#13 1 year ago

I personally would want new ones.
Thank you

#15 1 year ago

Maybe reach out to high end pins see if he would share his supplier. I’m assuming they get replaced on high end restorations.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

Maybe reach out to high end pins see if he would share his supplier. I’m assuming they get replaced on high end restorations.

Yeah that was my thoughts too. I have posted about this as well and it’s pretty much been crickets which is a surprise to me. With all these restorers out there somebody has to have a supplier or a limited supply that they are just keeping for themself.

I would reach out to Chris myself but I asked him a few things lately and I don’t want to use up all my favors and take his time.

If you can get a bead on the black flashers I would buy a few. I need three more

#17 1 year ago

I remember watching one of Chris’s videos recently and he said they are pretty much impossible to find anymore. that’s a shame since they seem to be pretty high in demand.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from remf:

I remember watching one of Chris’s videos recently and he said they are pretty much impossible to find anymore. that’s a shame since they seem to be pretty high in demand.

I guess the better question is what are they using instead?

#19 1 year ago

I'm thinking metal lamp sockets similar to the playfield General Illumination ones....

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

I'm thinking metal lamp sockets similar to the playfield General Illumination ones....

Which I am surprised especially some of the high end restorers would want to use the originals but I guess so

#21 1 year ago

Doesn’t Stern use a somewhat similar plastic socket in some of their games from the past? Perhaps they are an adaptable replacement?

#22 1 year ago

Ground Hog Day bump.

#23 1 year ago

FWIW I contacted both PBResource and Marco.

PBResource doesn't have them.

Marco commented they've been actively looking to source that part for years with no luck.

Bummer.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

FWIW I contacted both PBResource and Marco.
PBResource doesn't have them.
Marco commented they've been actively looking to source that part for years with no luck.
Bummer.

Thanks for looking.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

Thanks for looking.

It’s crazy, just glad I grabbed mine when in did a while back and even then I went down a rabbit hole just to find them

#26 1 year ago

Hopefully soon they appear.

1 week later

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-back-box-lamp-sockets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.