Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
20151223164342795_(resized).jpg
20151223164357774_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

Atari Superman cabinet & backbox

Added: 2015-06-26 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (November 20th, 2015) • Ended: December 24th, 2015

Price

Wanted

If anyone has an empty Superman cabinet and/or backbox, I'd be interested, even if the paint is a bit rough. Basically anything would be a big improvement over what I have now.

I just picked up an Atari Superman and it is a bit of a basket case. The playfield and guts of the machine are in good shape, but the cabinet and backbox are a complete loss--it looks like it was stored outside for a period of time, got wet, and started falling apart.

I can pickup in the general area of upstate NY, VT, MA, CT, North/Central NJ, Northeast PA.

Thanks

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are ForceFlow's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to ForceFlow's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Ballston Spa, NY, US

#3 8 years ago

Have you looked into building or having one built? If you have yours you could use it as a guide.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Have you looked into building or having one built? If you have yours you could use it as a guide.

That's the fallback plan. I don't really have a workshop at the moment in order to be able to do that, though.

#5 8 years ago

I have a Backbox for it available and one side of a cabinet with decent artwork I saved from an otherwise basket case Superman available.

Located 30 miles west of Boston

Dave (Doc)

Quoted from ForceFlow:

WantedIf anyone has an empty Superman cabinet and/or backbox, I'd be interested, even if the paint is a bit rough. Basically anything would be a big improvement over what I have now.I just picked up an Atari Superman and it is a bit of a basket case. The playfield and guts of the machine are in good shape, but the cabinet and backbox are a complete loss--it looks like it was stored outside for a period of time, got wet, and started falling apart.I can pickup in the general area of upstate NY, VT, MA, CT, North/Central NJ, Northeast PA.Thanks

Linked to ad listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/21768
Added to the marketplace: June 27th, 2015

#6 8 years ago

That's great!

Sending a PM...

1 week later
#8 8 years ago

I have a backbox. Looking for a body cabinet.

Or if you have both a body cabinet and backbox, I'll take the set.

1 week later
#10 8 years ago

Theres an entire game on ebay. It has been listed at $900 twice and now it is at $800. Buy the whole thing and sell the extra parts?

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Theres an entire game on ebay. It has been listed at $900 twice and now it is at $800. Buy the whole thing and sell the extra parts?

It's been listed for a lot longer than that. I'm not too interested in parting out a game that could otherwise be saved.

#12 8 years ago

How much are you looking to spend?

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

How much are you looking to spend?

Depends on the condition. If it's rough and beat up, probably not much more than $50. If it's in good enough shape where it wouldn't need to be repainted, certainly a bit more.

#14 8 years ago

I have been trying to buy the one on Ebay for a month but we are still $100 apart.

#15 8 years ago

Not sure I want to rip mine up just for a cabinet sale. It stopped starting a game back in March, and I haven't had a chance to get to it yet unfortunately. Was curious to see what you wanted to spend, but your low for the condition of my pin.

Mine has really nice BG (9.8/10), cabinet is good (I gave it a severe cleaning when I got it), PF is really nice with only a few small spots of wear. Backbox has some wear on one side, but I have a second empty backbox that is in excellent condition. Just never got around to switching it over.

If you're on the Pinball Owners site and want to check it out, my handle there is ed flipperhands. I attached a few pics below, but I have more photos on there. It would have to be a good price for me to get rid of this, especially with the second BB.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#16 8 years ago

PS - I rotated the first pic and previewed the post, but no idea why it came in up upside down.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Not sure I want to rip mine up just for a cabinet sale. It stopped starting a game back in March, and I haven't had a chance to get to it yet unfortunately. Was curious to see what you wanted to spend, but your low for the condition of my pin.
Mine has really nice BG (9.8/10), cabinet is good (I gave it a severe cleaning when I got it), PF is really nice with only a few small spots of wear. Backbox has some wear on one side, but I have a second empty backbox that is in excellent condition. Just never got around to switching it over.
If you're on the Pinball Owners site and want to check it out, my handle there is ed flipperhands. I attached a few pics below, but I have more photos on there. It would have to be a good price for me to get rid of this, especially with the second BB.image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

That looks like a nice example for the most part. No, I certainly wouldn't part out an intact pin just to get a cabinet. I always make best efforts to repair, rather than part out.

The idea was to try to find a cab that was kicking around in storage--I've seen plenty of people saving empty (or mostly empty) cabinets, so I was hoping to find something along those lines in order to save the game I have. With all the superman games that were originally produced, there has to be some cabinets kicking around somewhere.

4 months later
#18 8 years ago

Got one! And right before Christmas too

It's not mint and does have a little bit of minor paint loss, but it's worlds better than the cabinet with my game that was quite literally crumbling apart.

20151223164357774_(resized).jpg20151223164357774_(resized).jpg

20151223164342795_(resized).jpg20151223164342795_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-atari-superman-cabinet-backbox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.