• 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jvspin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4527.GIF

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Wanted: Alien

Added: 2018-09-17 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (November 3rd, 2018) • Ended: December 15th, 2018

Price

Wanted

Thinking about buying one (SE). PM me if you have one that is working. Super easy transaction. Trade/cash pref. All of my games are very nice examples. Not even sure what I would trade at this point but reach out if interested in changing it up.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are delt31's market stats.

silver Seller Level

delt31 has the Pinside Silver seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to delt31's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Pittsburgh, PA, US

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wait... i thought you had one already, sold it, and were talking smack about it since?
Or was that someone else?

Wait....I thought people hated you on these forums....

Oh yeah they do.

Never talked smack about my precious alien! It's my damn Avatar. I said it was a troubled game that when playing 100% is one of the best out there. I've been debating about jumping back in... Still unsure but if someone wants to move one I might take them up.

I suggest changing your name from whysnow to whytalk. It would serve you better.

Mic drop

#5 5 years ago

Yeah I'm in no rush at all still think it's a gamble to buy it but curious what's out there in the event someone wants something new. Wouldn't even think about paying 10k for an SE (or any pinball machine for that matter).

That guy your referenced - now that is one hell of a pinsider. Highly recommended!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think that is quickly the reality for any of the later production run. What are there, 80 in total and really the last 40 are the "good" ones (better/ refined).
That is a damn limited game, all the ones from the AUS last shipment seem to now be sold?, and as you know when playing well it is a stellar game.
Rare, great theme, great player, and well rounded game = big bucks for collectablity
If you are looking I would pay now and save yourself money down the road.
I honestly think this game will be BBB prices in the next few years (assuming no more get made and as of right now I think that is a good assumption)

Not sure but if that ends up being the case I'll pass. The game is amazing. The gamble turns me off though.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It is the case, as very little gamble on the final run units....Even the problem, non production, early ones seem to bring $$$, as solid fixes coming out.
GL w the hunt, but an avatar change may be imminent...

haha - keeping the avatar out of respect for the game and I'm not sure I'll be an owner for the reasons I mentioned before. Was one of the first to own one and sang its praises from that first day. So glad it's getting its due and others are enjoying it just as much. Def a gamble still with proprietary components although significant progress has been made by the community which is awesome.

#17 5 years ago

I can confirm price pumping as well considering I was offered an Alien a few weeks back....def not at 10k.

Let's keep this thread grounded in reality for a bit. Now LEs - I don't doubt the price estimate. I'm talking about an SE - FYI.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You did own one of these at one point...did you buy it new?

I did - brand new. One of the first to unbox. Had issues with it at first but played perfect for 6 months before I sold it.

Quoted from RTS:

You gambled when you sold your Alien too soon.
Some who hate it predicted there would be no support and prices would tank, but that hasn't happened as more parts continue to become available.
Read through the current Alien threads to see how well the game is doing. Some early prototypes may have been crap, but current owners are enjoying their games without problems. Similar to new games from other mfgrs.
The Alien on free play at the Golden State Pinball festival in July got constant play the entire weekend and never had a problem.

haha gambled when I sold it? I won't bore you with the details but if that was a gamble, I would doing it a thousand times again ; )

The community is enabling this game to survive which is great. It's a gamble no doubt.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Sounds too me like you got out of yours while the getting was good, in fear that the prices would tank after HW inevitable demise and the lack of support would render them as glorified paperweights. I totally get not wanting to be the bag-holder. The problem is that didn't happen and the community has done a stellar job of supporting these. So now you'll have to pay a premium to get back in. I'll bet 10k is around the bottom.

You know me - nothing really stays around too long and it was time to unload for some new blood. I sold before HW went under, have absolutely no regrets on that move and very happy to see the community support this game b/c it enables other to experience it. I'm all about market speaking - and I've commented on what I've seen thus far and I'm not even sure what I would sell for it but throwing my hat out there and go from there.

Would I pay 10k for SE Alien though? Def not. If that's what it truly takes, I'm fine with that.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Best sound, video and theme integration of any pin I’ve ever played.
The sound is a masterpiece by Thiel
Is it the best layout ever? No but it’s fun as heck with 4 flippers and shots galore!
And the code is fantastic!

Wait - Thiel did the sound for Alien? Get out of here. Alien has some of the best sound I have ever heard and then I bought Hobbit and said damn - this game is amazing in the sound department too so I looked up who did the sound and it was Thiel.

That guy is a beast. Wonder what else he has done.....off to google!

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I'm curious--what's your price for an SE working 100% with no issues, no cosmetic flaws?

; )

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Well is an 8k offer really that tempting? This isn't a mass prodced Stern where the usual depreciation comes into play. Beyond that, you don't seem to hang on to games very long, so why would someone offer up a generous price for you, only to see it back up for sale in 6 months at all of the extra cash they sacrificed?

I can't tell if this is serious but if so, I'm just seeing what's out there. If someone wants to sell their Alien, PM me with a price and we'll go from there. I'm a straight shooter - turn things around in a heartbeat and always leave people happy. That's valuable in itself and if someone wants to get some fresh blood in, send the PM.

I'm in no rush....

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I think Alien is much more reliable than a DI (trapdoor, drone, phone, theater, arm,...issues still in progress)

Haha omg this could be the most ridiculous statement thus far.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I’m also laughing about your certainties.

Oh stop it you can't be serious.

I'm glad to hear though that your Allen is running well. It's one of the best new games out there IMO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-alien-2?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.