• 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jvspin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4527.GIF

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#6 5 years ago

If it were me, I would try to buy the LE that’s for sale in Sweden for $10k. Stateside, an LE would be much more expensive...assuming you could find someone that would even sell it.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I hate it, and I think it's hilarious people are paying BBB money for an ugly paperweight with the reliability of a Delorean.
Hey whatever floats your boat. I just paid $600 for Dio's couch.

Personally, I don't think BBB is anywhere *NEAR* the game that Alien is. Alien is a better game than BBB and TBL combined IMO. The whole reliability thing is a bad argument. Yes, the early run games had some issues, but the late run games are solid.

I don't think people are pumping the value of the game because no one is trying to sell one. The last two LEs that sold in the US (for $13k and $15k) were games made as payment to the artist and the animator.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That guy is a beast. Wonder what else he has done.....off to google!

Thiel is an incredible talent.

Besides Alien and Hobbit, his other masterpiece would be TRON!

#51 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You Alien owners are an intense bunch. Circling these threads like buzzards. Got to protect that investment.
It's a theme a lot of people like, if people can keep the game running it should stay pretty valuable due to rarity. No real need for all of the pumping as there are enough people with bottomless wallets in this hobby that it won't really matter. If people will pay over 15K for a box of lights like Magic Girl the sky is the limit for a game that actually plays. It's the comments like "there are only X number and no one is selling so good luck" that really crack me up. If you want something and you are willing to pay market+ you can get pretty much anything you want in this hobby. Will Delt find one under 10K, I doubt it. But that doesn't mean they are not changing hands.

It's rare, it's a good game and it's expensive. What else is there to say?

Not much until someone trolls the thread saying the game is garbage/isn't reliable/etc. Then we feel the need to speak up - call that whatever you want.

As for finding an LE for under $10k - It's doubtful as most people a) purchased them from Australia and paid over $11k shipped and b) are still enjoying them and c) there's two price points much higher than that.

So, yea - when a guy with a bottomless wallet offers $15k, you might see one change hands - but it won't be mine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-alien-2?tu=Damonator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.