• 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jvspin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4527.GIF

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Wanted: Alien

Added: 2018-09-17 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (November 3rd, 2018) • Ended: December 15th, 2018

Price

Wanted

Thinking about buying one (SE). PM me if you have one that is working. Super easy transaction. Trade/cash pref. All of my games are very nice examples. Not even sure what I would trade at this point but reach out if interested in changing it up.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are delt31's market stats.

silver Seller Level

delt31 has the Pinside Silver seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to delt31's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Pittsburgh, PA, US

#2 5 years ago

Wait... i thought you had one already, sold it, and were talking smack about it since?

Or was that someone else?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wait... i thought you had one already, sold it, and were talking smack about it since?
Or was that someone else?

Wait....I thought people hated you on these forums....

Oh yeah they do.

Never talked smack about my precious alien! It's my damn Avatar. I said it was a troubled game that when playing 100% is one of the best out there. I've been debating about jumping back in... Still unsure but if someone wants to move one I might take them up.

I suggest changing your name from whysnow to whytalk. It would serve you better.

Mic drop

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Still unsure but if someone wants to move one I might take them up.

It is an ultra rare game, so I doubt you are finding any full production units for any sort of bargain... I would think they will be hitting 10k soon, maybe by xmas.

Granted this dude appears to have sold one for $1 (probably just to avoid site fees, but still it seemed to have gone for a bargain)

Good luck in the hunt! Fantastic game!

#5 5 years ago

Yeah I'm in no rush at all still think it's a gamble to buy it but curious what's out there in the event someone wants something new. Wouldn't even think about paying 10k for an SE (or any pinball machine for that matter).

That guy your referenced - now that is one hell of a pinsider. Highly recommended!

#6 5 years ago

If it were me, I would try to buy the LE that’s for sale in Sweden for $10k. Stateside, an LE would be much more expensive...assuming you could find someone that would even sell it.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wouldn't even think about paying 10k

I think that is quickly the reality for any of the later production run. What are there, 80 in total and really the last 40 are the "good" ones (better/ refined).

That is a damn limited game, all the ones from the AUS last shipment seem to now be sold?, and as you know when playing well it is a stellar game.

Rare, great theme, great player, and well rounded game = big bucks for collectablity

If you are looking I would pay now and save yourself money down the road.

I honestly think this game will be BBB prices in the next few years (assuming no more get made and as of right now I think that is a good assumption)

#8 5 years ago

the last 2 LE in the usa sold for 14k each

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think that is quickly the reality for any of the later production run. What are there, 80 in total and really the last 40 are the "good" ones (better/ refined).
That is a damn limited game, all the ones from the AUS last shipment seem to now be sold?, and as you know when playing well it is a stellar game.
Rare, great theme, great player, and well rounded game = big bucks for collectablity
If you are looking I would pay now and save yourself money down the road.
I honestly think this game will be BBB prices in the next few years (assuming no more get made and as of right now I think that is a good assumption)

Not sure but if that ends up being the case I'll pass. The game is amazing. The gamble turns me off though.

#10 5 years ago

well only 182 BBB and what are they selling for now??
TBL are $20k
Aliens will be that as they dry up

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not sure but if that ends up being the case I'll pass. The game is amazing. The gamble turns me off though.

It is the case, as very little gamble on the final run units....Even the problem, non production, early ones seem to bring $$$, as solid fixes coming out.

GL w the hunt, but an avatar change may be imminent...

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It is the case, as very little gamble on the final run units....Even the problem, non production, early ones seem to bring $$$, as solid fixes coming out.
GL w the hunt, but an avatar change may be imminent...

haha - keeping the avatar out of respect for the game and I'm not sure I'll be an owner for the reasons I mentioned before. Was one of the first to own one and sang its praises from that first day. So glad it's getting its due and others are enjoying it just as much. Def a gamble still with proprietary components although significant progress has been made by the community which is awesome.

#13 5 years ago

ill sell you my LE spot... oh, wait I lost it when Andrew (and the dickhead brothers that took over) f*%&ed everyone out of their deposits ... nevermind...

and yes, I am STILL a bit angry about it...

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wait....I thought people hated you on these forums....
Oh yeah they do.
Never talked smack about my precious alien! It's my damn Avatar. I said it was a troubled game that when playing 100% is one of the best out there. I've been debating about jumping back in... Still unsure but if someone wants to move one I might take them up.
I suggest changing your name from whysnow to whytalk. It would serve you better.
Mic drop

I can back him up on this. The main thrust of his post is absolutely true.

As an aside, he also loves Alien. More than anybody here I'd guess!

Also...are these things REALLY going for over $10K? There was one at Allentown that kept breaking all weekend (shocker) for I think $8k and it didn't appear to change hands.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can back him up on this. The main thrust of his post is absolutely true.
As an aside, he also loves Alien. More than anybody here I'd guess!
Also...are these things REALLY going for over $10K? There was one at Allentown that kept breaking all weekend (shocker) for I think $8k and it didn't appear to change hands.

The mad rush for pinheads to own what someone else cant has driven it up. Now the owners are out in full force price pumping as much as possible to keep it that way.

It's an interesting game, I dont hate it, but dont love it either. Not worth the $ to me but to each their own.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

The mad rush for pinheads to own what someone else cant has driven it up. Now the owners are out in full force price pumping as much as possible to keep it that way.
It's an interesting game, I dont hate it, but dont love it either. Not worth the $ to me but to each their own.

I hate it, and I think it's hilarious people are paying BBB money for an ugly paperweight with the reliability of a Delorean.

Hey whatever floats your boat. I just paid $600 for Dio's couch.

#17 5 years ago

I can confirm price pumping as well considering I was offered an Alien a few weeks back....def not at 10k.

Let's keep this thread grounded in reality for a bit. Now LEs - I don't doubt the price estimate. I'm talking about an SE - FYI.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can confirm price pumping as well considering I was offered an Alien a few weeks back....def not at 10k.
Let's keep this thread grounded in reality for a bit. Now LEs - I don't doubt the price estimate. I'm talking about an SE - FYI.

You did own one of these at one point...did you buy it new?

#19 5 years ago

I find the shots of alien very satisfying.. good collection of voice/movie clips

#20 5 years ago

An amazing player to one, an ugly paperweight to others......nothing new to see here on ps.....

Hoping Op gets a shot at a production model LE...way different...I played them both.....going to be expensive, but what isn't lately??

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Now the owners are out in full force price pumping as much as possible to keep it that way.

just for clarity. I dont own one.

I just think the reality for the good examples of this game are going WAY up in $$$$$.

It checks all the boxes for what causes rare pins to blow up.

And the LE is really no differences from the SE. Anyone with a SE can make a LE.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just for clarity. I dont own one.
I just think the reality for the good examples of this game are going WAY up in $$$$$.
It checks all the boxes for what causes rare pins to blow up.
And the LE is really no differences from the SE. Anyone with a SE can make a LE.

yeah I was going to have a plaque made "1 out of 1". Then sell it for like 100K

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Some who hate it predicted there would be no support and prices would tank, but that hasn't happened as more parts continue to become available.

Read through the current Alien threads to see how well the game is doing. Some early prototypes may have been crap, but current owners are enjoying their games without problems. Similar to new games from other mfgrs.

The Alien on free play at the Golden State Pinball festival in July got constant play the entire weekend and never had a problem.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You did own one of these at one point...did you buy it new?

I did - brand new. One of the first to unbox. Had issues with it at first but played perfect for 6 months before I sold it.

Quoted from RTS:

You gambled when you sold your Alien too soon.
Some who hate it predicted there would be no support and prices would tank, but that hasn't happened as more parts continue to become available.
Read through the current Alien threads to see how well the game is doing. Some early prototypes may have been crap, but current owners are enjoying their games without problems. Similar to new games from other mfgrs.
The Alien on free play at the Golden State Pinball festival in July got constant play the entire weekend and never had a problem.

haha gambled when I sold it? I won't bore you with the details but if that was a gamble, I would doing it a thousand times again ; )

The community is enabling this game to survive which is great. It's a gamble no doubt.

#25 5 years ago

Sounds too me like you got out of yours while the getting was good, in fear that the prices would tank after HW inevitable demise and the lack of support would render them as glorified paperweights. I totally get not wanting to be the bag-holder. The problem is that didn't happen and the community has done a stellar job of supporting these. So now you'll have to pay a premium to get back in. I'll bet 10k is around the bottom.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

More
haha gambled when I sold it? I won't bore you with the details but if that was a gamble, I would doing it a thousand times again ; )

Sorry my apologies. I rescind that comment.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Sounds too me like you got out of yours while the getting was good, in fear that the prices would tank after HW inevitable demise and the lack of support would render them as glorified paperweights. I totally get not wanting to be the bag-holder. The problem is that didn't happen and the community has done a stellar job of supporting these. So now you'll have to pay a premium to get back in. I'll bet 10k is around the bottom.

You know me - nothing really stays around too long and it was time to unload for some new blood. I sold before HW went under, have absolutely no regrets on that move and very happy to see the community support this game b/c it enables other to experience it. I'm all about market speaking - and I've commented on what I've seen thus far and I'm not even sure what I would sell for it but throwing my hat out there and go from there.

Would I pay 10k for SE Alien though? Def not. If that's what it truly takes, I'm fine with that.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I hate it, and I think it's hilarious people are paying BBB money for an ugly paperweight with the reliability of a Delorean.
Hey whatever floats your boat. I just paid $600 for Dio's couch.

Personally, I don't think BBB is anywhere *NEAR* the game that Alien is. Alien is a better game than BBB and TBL combined IMO. The whole reliability thing is a bad argument. Yes, the early run games had some issues, but the late run games are solid.

I don't think people are pumping the value of the game because no one is trying to sell one. The last two LEs that sold in the US (for $13k and $15k) were games made as payment to the artist and the animator.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Personally, I don't think BBB is anywhere *NEAR* the game that Alien is. Alien is a better game than BBB and TBL combined IMO. The whole reliability thing is a bad argument. Yes, the early run games had some issues, but the late run games are solid.
I don't think people are pumping the value of the game because no one is trying to sell one. The last two LEs that sold in the US (for $13k and $15k) were games made as payment to the artist and the animator.

I agree damonator!
while some pinsiders praise BBB, it just doesn’t get the blood flowing to my nether regions!
I personally think alien is only going to increase in value with time. Unless more are made which seems unlikely.
TBL should definately increase in value too!
Deep pocketed collectors and there is no shortage of them in this hobby LOVE limited number games like these no matter how they play!

#30 5 years ago

I'm curious--what's your price for an SE working 100% with no issues, no cosmetic flaws?

#31 5 years ago

Best sound, video and theme integration of any pin I’ve ever played.

The sound is a masterpiece by Thiel

Is it the best layout ever? No but it’s fun as heck with 4 flippers and shots galore!

And the code is fantastic!

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Best sound, video and theme integration of any pin I’ve ever played.
The sound is a masterpiece by Thiel
Is it the best layout ever? No but it’s fun as heck with 4 flippers and shots galore!
And the code is fantastic!

Wait - Thiel did the sound for Alien? Get out of here. Alien has some of the best sound I have ever heard and then I bought Hobbit and said damn - this game is amazing in the sound department too so I looked up who did the sound and it was Thiel.

That guy is a beast. Wonder what else he has done.....off to google!

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I'm curious--what's your price for an SE working 100% with no issues, no cosmetic flaws?

; )

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

More
Wait - Thiel did the sound for Alien? Get out of here. Alien has some of the best sound

them there Data East games got some bad ass sound 2!!!!

#35 5 years ago

Well is an 8k offer really that tempting? This isn't a mass prodced Stern where the usual depreciation comes into play. Beyond that, you don't seem to hang on to games very long, so why would someone offer up a generous price for you, only to see it back up for sale in 6 months at all of the extra cash they sacrificed?

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Well is an 8k offer really that tempting? This isn't a mass prodced Stern where the usual depreciation comes into play. Beyond that, you don't seem to hang on to games very long, so why would someone offer up a generous price for you, only to see it back up for sale in 6 months at all of the extra cash they sacrificed?

I can't tell if this is serious but if so, I'm just seeing what's out there. If someone wants to sell their Alien, PM me with a price and we'll go from there. I'm a straight shooter - turn things around in a heartbeat and always leave people happy. That's valuable in itself and if someone wants to get some fresh blood in, send the PM.

I'm in no rush....

#37 5 years ago

I could be wrong, but don't think there were many SE's made in the final runs......just weren't that many made, period, and believe most of the "real" ones were LE's.

Fortunately, you're not in a rush, but not sure any of the real ones will surface for awhile......how many of these things in the US? maybe 20 (more like 12), tops?

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That guy is a beast. Wonder what else he has done.....off to google!

Thiel is an incredible talent.

Besides Alien and Hobbit, his other masterpiece would be TRON!

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Alien price is still the one of the beginning at distributors. I can confirm.
It is like you said a Nib don’t worth its price (whatever you like it or not)
In the second market it is another story, it is supply and demand.
And we are also talking about a company that doesn’t exist anymore so I guess even distributors could sell their stock of Alien at the price they want, but I would be a poor image.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How to consider your comment when you start with «  I hate it »?
All is hogwash

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

How to consider your comment when you start with «  I hate it »?
All is hogwash

the dude wears socks with sandals. That tells you all you need to know about taste in anything

#42 5 years ago

Someone stateside should buy up the remaining stock pile of parts for Alien. Or has that happened????

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Someone stateside should buy up the remaining stock pile of parts for Alien. Or has that happened????

There's no such thing. The community has made many of the parts available in an on-demand basis. If you need LED's for it, you order from a Pinsider who found a way to make them. Need an I/O board, same deal. Need a stepper motor for the Xeno? It's a basic off the shelf part. Need the computer? Same deal. LCD screen? Same deal, off the shelf. Plastics are the only thing I can think of that is pending creation by the community.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

wears socks with sandals. That tells you all you need to know about taste in anything

IMG_4527.GIFIMG_4527.GIF
#45 5 years ago

I was able to put over 100 hours into making the game work correctly. I want to put it back on location but it seems that may be an issue. I have bought a lot of these. I got a few. It's really not something I was ever going to speak on as I feel I win some and I lose some. I lost this one but I do like the game itself. If it were to remain reliable I would love it.

#46 5 years ago

wow I have never spent more than a few hours on any alien game

#47 5 years ago

You Alien owners are an intense bunch. Circling these threads like buzzards. Got to protect that investment.

It's a theme a lot of people like, if people can keep the game running it should stay pretty valuable due to rarity. No real need for all of the pumping as there are enough people with bottomless wallets in this hobby that it won't really matter. If people will pay over 15K for a box of lights like Magic Girl the sky is the limit for a game that actually plays. It's the comments like "there are only X number and no one is selling so good luck" that really crack me up. If you want something and you are willing to pay market+ you can get pretty much anything you want in this hobby. Will Delt find one under 10K, I doubt it. But that doesn't mean they are not changing hands.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You Alien owners are an intense bunch. Circling these threads like buzzards. Got to protect that investment.
It's a theme a lot of people like, if people can keep the game running it should stay pretty valuable due to rarity. No real need for all of the pumping as there are enough people with bottomless wallets in this hobby that it won't really matter. If people will pay over 15K for a box of lights like Magic Girl the sky is the limit for a game that actually plays. It's the comments like "there are only X number and no one is selling so good luck" that really crack me up. If you want something and you are willing to pay market+ you can get pretty much anything you want in this hobby. Will Delt find one under 10K, I doubt it. But that doesn't mean they are not changing hands.

It's as funny as those parroting information from last year about how part X isn't available or the game is a paperweight.

#49 5 years ago

I just played some Alien this am. I love ambush mode.. especially Vasquez's voice. Ahh the good old 80s. Now they just make crappy remakes.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

It's as funny as those parroting information from last year about how part X isn't available or the game is a paperweight.

Peoples experiences with the game are what they are. You can't go back in time and take them away. Doesn't mean that many of you do not have games that play good and are solid. There are several that were shipped that were not though. It's great that people have found ways to fix things and have redesigned parts to keep these things going. Doesn't change the past though, it does mean that people can at least keep their games running going forward.

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-alien-2?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.