• 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jvspin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4527.GIF

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You Alien owners are an intense bunch. Circling these threads like buzzards. Got to protect that investment.
It's a theme a lot of people like, if people can keep the game running it should stay pretty valuable due to rarity. No real need for all of the pumping as there are enough people with bottomless wallets in this hobby that it won't really matter. If people will pay over 15K for a box of lights like Magic Girl the sky is the limit for a game that actually plays. It's the comments like "there are only X number and no one is selling so good luck" that really crack me up. If you want something and you are willing to pay market+ you can get pretty much anything you want in this hobby. Will Delt find one under 10K, I doubt it. But that doesn't mean they are not changing hands.

It's rare, it's a good game and it's expensive. What else is there to say?

Not much until someone trolls the thread saying the game is garbage/isn't reliable/etc. Then we feel the need to speak up - call that whatever you want.

As for finding an LE for under $10k - It's doubtful as most people a) purchased them from Australia and paid over $11k shipped and b) are still enjoying them and c) there's two price points much higher than that.

So, yea - when a guy with a bottomless wallet offers $15k, you might see one change hands - but it won't be mine.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Not much until someone trolls the thread saying the game is garbage/isn't reliable/etc. Then we feel the need to speak up - call that whatever you want.
As for finding an LE for under $10k - It's doubtful as most people a) purchased them from Australia and paid over $11k shipped and b) are still enjoying them and c) there's two price points much higher than that.
So, yea - when a guy with a bottomless wallet offers $15k, you might see one change hands - but it won't be mine.

Who cares what CrazyLevi or any of us think for that matter. As long as you enjoy it no one elses opinion really means much.

If your still looking for a rotation VIII I believe Larry at flipnout has one. I know at one point he talked about selling it. Just an fyi.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

And that is that... gl to op on finding one..

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Paid my LE 9200€. This is a normal Nib price from an European distributor and our reality in EU. This price is including 20% taxe. Add invisible glass, shipping overseas and see how much it is finally for an US customers, with maybe additional charges when landed.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

That parts availability tends to hurt value of games regardless of rarity. When parts are hard to come by people back off from buying them and are not willing to risk the money over what might quickly become a paperweight. Another factor is ease of repair. People have been working to make parts right now to upgrade the old ones and fix reliability issues, but it will be a few years before we know the true extent of its issues. This for a game that has a reputation for being unreliable from the word go.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

wow I have never spent more than a few hours on any alien game

This game was not complete.

#57 5 years ago

I could care less what anybody else thinks, especially dopey trolls, nor about "protecting my investment", because its just a game, a great game at that.

When you are that excited about a game the enthusiasm cup seems to runneth over!

Simple as that

#58 5 years ago

I love my Alien. Its the best in my collection. I did spend a lot of hours on it though. Thanks to Sunking I installed EL blades. I had to screw some loose bolts around the ball trough. I had to readjust the lights on the side because they were falling down (some double sided tape did the job). I had to reconnect the shaker (previous owner I guess disconnected it). I also had to remove previous owners pinlight magnets installed on the sides. Overall its stable now, working 100% , awesome lights/sound/music. The team of creators truly did a magnificent job.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Peoples experiences with the game are what they are. You can't go back in time and take them away. Doesn't mean that many of you do not have games that play good and are solid. There are several that were shipped that were not though. It's great that people have found ways to fix things and have redesigned parts to keep these things going. Doesn't change the past though, it does mean that people can at least keep their games running going forward.

No reason people should change their perception of the game based on their experiences. They are what they are.

Stick to your first impression forever. You can't change the past.

#60 5 years ago

I think Alien is much more reliable than a DI (trapdoor, drone, phone, theater, arm,...issues still in progress)

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I think Alien is much more reliable than a DI (trapdoor, drone, phone, theater, arm,...issues still in progress)

DI have minor problems, so a opto falls out of the ball guide, easy fix and the odd trapdoor flap breaks, all easy fixes

#62 5 years ago

Haha omg this could be the most ridiculous statement thus far.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haha omg this could be the most ridiculous statement thus far.

I’m also laughing about your certainties.

#64 5 years ago

DI have minor problems, so a opto falls out of the ball guide, easy fix and the odd trapdoor flap breaks, all easy fixes

Yes easy fixes...JJP support service ( that is great) replaces damaged/broken hardwares. Never had a game with such breakdowns. Regarding Alien, I may be lucky to get one of the last ones built.

#65 5 years ago

I’m also laughing about your certainties.

Oh stop it you can't be serious.

I'm glad to hear though that your Allen is running well. It's one of the best new games out there IMO

#66 5 years ago

Yes easy fixes...JJP support service ( that is great) replaces damaged/broken hardwares. Never had a game with such breakdowns. Regarding Alien, I may be lucky to get one of the last ones built.

O my god, comparing JJP build Quality and breakdowns to Alien is like Comparing My Hyundai and my Aston Martin

Just in case you don't get it JJP is Aston Martin

#67 5 years ago

O my god, comparing JJP build Quality and breakdowns to Alien is like Comparing My Hyundai and my Aston Martin

JJPs do leak a lot of oil.

#68 5 years ago

My Hyundai has 235K and is still going strong.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

My Hyundai has 235K and is still going strong.

So its you I see in my rear view Mirror Blowing Smoke into the Earth

#70 5 years ago

So its you I see in my rear view Mirror Blowing Smoke into the Earth

No smoke here. We have state inspections and emissions tests we have to pass every year.

#71 5 years ago

I think the jpp engineering built suffered now. started with DI and go on with POTC (which all cool mechs were removed).
Glad to hear you own an Aston Martin.

#72 5 years ago

Each to their own

I own a lot of cars and Pinballs, Both Alien and JJP Games and Enjoy Both. But Saying JJP are not well built or Engineered is like saying Williams Bally are Garbage as most of the mechs are Bally Williams

#73 5 years ago

72 posts, and not a single update regarding op's interest to buy......crazy.......Delt....any PM's on a lead?

#74 5 years ago

New pinball machines having issues is not unusual, look at the IM Issues thread. With the big companies, there is confidence issues will be resolved.

Biggest concern with Alien is that it develops a problem that cannot be fixed and leaves the game unplayable. That concern is lessening with all the replacement parts that are getting second sourced from some very smart people.

Good thing is it's a surprisingly complete game, especially considering it came from a failing company. I'm not reading many complaints about basic design flaws that affect gameplay like I see on some of the other new games that are getting released.

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-alien-2/page/2?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.