• Latest reply 12 years ago by davewtf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AFM_hole.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Played AFM today! Im looking for AFM for my gameroom. Prefer FL location but will arrange shipping for good one.

Email av8gear@yahoo com

#2 12 years ago

Home Arcade has one for sale in it's showroom in Jacksonville, FL.
$7000

#5 12 years ago

That's a little steep.

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

That's a little steep.

Not really , AFM is on the rise ! It will go higher .

Jim

#7 12 years ago

Welcome to the Club of WTB AFM!

#8 12 years ago

The more pinheads that want it the more its going to rise in price.
Good luck on the hunt.Not cheap

#9 12 years ago

The cheapest one I've seen is at. A little far from you though.

http://www.pinballmachinesales.com/

#10 12 years ago

restored one went for 11k at the expo I was told

#11 12 years ago

Can I get a price check on AFM.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

restored one went for 11k at the expo I was told

That was my friend's AFM from my city. Rebuilding mine soon and having him cc it.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Can I get a price check on AFM.

Non-scientific, open for debate, with people thinking I am on crack, here is my opinion:

Low End Beater: 4000 to 4500

Good Condition: 5500

Great Condition: 6500

Restored: Depending on what is on it, how long ago, and who did it: 7500 to 11,000
(New playfield, backboard mods, PDI glass, who knows what can be added to drive up the price)

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Played AFM today! Im looking for AFM for my gameroom. Prefer FL location but will arrange shipping for good one.

Yea it's pretty rare to get a good deal on an AFM nowadays. This one has skyrocketed in price and demand in the past few years.

#15 12 years ago

Definitely save up for an AFM.

#16 12 years ago

A game worth owning that's for sure

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Home Arcade has one for sale in it's showroom in Jacksonville, FL.
$7000

Dont waste your time! This needs a new playfield. Operators machine and its trashed. Faded cab too. Sad people are trying to sell beatup pins for 7k.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Dont waste your time! This needs a new playfield. Operators machine and its trashed. Faded cab too. Sad people are trying to sell beatup pins for 7k.

Time for some hardcore negotiating!!

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

+1,To me its More fun than MM

#20 12 years ago

Heres a pic of it. Can you fix this? Why dont people use cliffy protectors?

AFM_hole.jpgAFM_hole.jpg

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Heres a pic of it. Can you fix this? Why dont people use cliffy protectors?

That scoop looks like it is about to snap as it is worn through. Wonder how long that round left Martian target will last?

I agree, I think you can get a better one for less than the 7 grand he is asking, you just have to be patient. They do pop up.

#22 12 years ago

Hes asking 7k for that??? Cant be true.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Coasterguy, after seeing your pins, I'd like to see what you could do with an AFM.

#24 12 years ago

It even has a lock bar bolted to front. He is dreaming! The search continues. Its honestly not that great a game with its wide open playfield. I just like the theme.

Im also now looking for Star Wars Episode 1 for my son. Sw1.

#25 12 years ago

7k? Holy crap. I had(important to note past tense) considered selling mine with a new playfield and very nice cab for 7k. Glad I didn't. Hope someone buys the 7 thousand beater to pump the price even more. Who said pinball machines were a bad investment?

#26 12 years ago

why the hell do the route guys not even use cliffys for $50 or so on a machine they sure would get alot more in return on investment when selling the machines

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

why the hell do the route guys not even use cliffys for $50 or so on a machine they sure would get alot more in return on investment when selling the machines

They did not even have cliffys when those machine came out in 95 . I think that game may have cost 3500.00 new and I bet most AFMs have made over 50,000.00 in their life time of abuse !

That machine owes the operator nothing and anything they make off the sale is just icing on the cake .

Jim

#28 12 years ago

I want one but I could never bring myself to spend that much on a used pin

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

That machine owes the operator nothing and anything they make off the sale is just icing on the cake .

Jim

Sad view of a pinball machine that made 50000 for the owner. Just discarded like a cheap whore. Poor poor pinball. Its ok. Ill take care of you..... they have souls you know!

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

It even has a lock bar bolted to front. He is dreaming! The search continues. Its honestly not that great a game with its wide open playfield. I just like the theme.

Blasphemy!!!....Please never lump AFM in with SWE1. AFM is a great game with nice flowing shots.....SWE1??? Well about the only thing it has going for it is the name.

#31 12 years ago

AFM is my all time favorite.

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Yeah, theme is cool, but the actual game play, rules are even better. Comparing SW1 to AFM is like comparing, .... Just let you use your imagination.

If your going the pin2000 route, get a RFM instead of a SW1.

#33 12 years ago

I'd rather get both RFM and SWE1 than a 7 grand AFM in awful shape.

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I'd rather get both RFM and SWE1 than a 7 grand AFM in awful shape.

+1 Agree-

RFM is basically the same theme since it is a sequel to AFM, and you can get a super nice one for a lot cheaper than AFM. I've seen them as low as 2000.

#35 12 years ago

Ugh - RFM is not even in the same league. Play that one before you buy it.

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from Bigpin:

Ugh - RFM is not even in the same league. Play that one before you buy it

I agree 100%.....I Traded for a RFM when it was taking me forever to find a nice AFM and I sold it after owning it 2 weeks. Not even close to as good as AFM. I liked WPT more then RFM!!!

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Bigpin said:
Ugh - RFM is not even in the same league. Play that one before you buy it

I agree 100%.....I Traded for a RFM when it was taking me forever to find a nice AFM and I sold it after owning it 2 weeks. Not even close to as good as AFM. I liked WPT more then RFM!!!

He never wanted a RFM, I just suggested it because he wanted a SW1. Since he was buying a Pin2000, but really just liked the theme of AFM, and did not want to spend a lot of money, it seemed naturally to recommend a RFM.

100% agree AFM >>>>>>>>>than RFM, as you get what you pay for. 7000 for the pin he posted is crazy money for a pin in that condition.

I also believe that RFM >>>> SW1.

Whatever he decides, if you buy a pin at the right price, you can always sell it later if you don't like it.

#39 12 years ago

SW1 is for my boys. Plus I would like to tinker around with the Pin2000. I could get a RFM for about 2K. But I wont useless 1K. Thanks for feedback. Time to start a new post.

#40 12 years ago

AFM's are hot! I've got 3, beaters are pulling +$5k! Grab them while you can. Starting the restore of an AFM now. New everything! $10K+! I've got people wanting to make deposits now for the machine. This game is hotter than MM hand down.

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from wesperron:

AFM is my all time favorite.

top three for me right now.

#42 12 years ago

I will have to post pics of my beauty. I just need to work on the "Stroke" hole needs to be touched up and Cliffyed. I am gonna led, saucer topper, lit martian eyes, lit fighter jets, under cabinet flashers, and sling flashers. Hopefully by Xmas.

#43 12 years ago

I have one that has been in home use since 97. I bought it about two years back, when it seemed like the market was a little down on AFM, for $4500. And that was a steal. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

#44 12 years ago

Exejet, did you pick up a new playfield? Curious to find one under $1k.

#45 12 years ago

I picked up the last 5 AFM playfields Mirco had last summer!!! He told me he re-run them by fall. That's not going to happen anytime soon.

#46 12 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

I picked up the last 5 AFM playfields Mirco had last summer!!! He told me he re-run them by fall. That's not going to happen anytime soon.

Probably because Mirco is building the WOZ playfeilds...Yawn .... Oh well ..

Jim

#47 12 years ago

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll start waxing and wait for another run down the road.

#48 12 years ago

+1 for me. i'm in southern wisco

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 21.50
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-afm-attack-from-mars and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.