• 37 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Odessa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi all,
I'm trying to resurrect a Gottlieb High Hand but am missing some important bits and pieces. I was wondering if anyone might have any parts they'd sell me. It's missing the peg type lockdown bar & many of the playfield plastics. It's also missing the backglass & backdoor but they might be a bit tricky to post to Australia! Any help would be great

#2 9 years ago

I hear tell that pinball rescue down your way is going to repro the plastics set.
They list it as a "Top hand" set (Italian version), but I emailed them & verified it's the same.
-- If they ever remake these I am all over that.

#3 9 years ago

Backglass should be obtainable from bgresto who ships to Australia. Backdoor should be available from a parted out machine locally. You may have just missed a High Hand on ebay Australia in the last week which I think went for about $120 which would have been a great parts investment.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

I hear tell that pinball rescue down your way is going to repro the plastics set.
They list it as a "Top hand" set (Italian version), but I emailed them & verified it's the same.
-- If they ever remake these I am all over that.

I requested the plastics @ pinball rescue in case they are waiting for more people to commit.

Quoted from wayner:

Backglass should be obtainable from bgresto who ships to Australia. Backdoor should be available from a parted out machine locally. You may have just missed a High Hand on ebay Australia in the last week which I think went for about $120 which would have been a great parts investment.

Thanks for that. I saw the High Hand for sale but it looked to have been stripped of the parts I was after...not a bad price though!

3 weeks later
#5 8 years ago

pbresource.com has the back door and lock. At good prices.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballTom113:

Thank you. I'm still after a lockdown bar if you know anyone who has a spare they could sell me.

#7 8 years ago

Suggest you make contact with Skip of pinjunk an ebay seller in the US. He is super helpful. You can contact him through this item:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kick-Out-Assembly-with-COIL-from-a-Gottlieb-Wild-Life-Pinball-Machine-WILDLIFE-/151623985064?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item234d7e67a8

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballTom113:

I bought one of these for my high hand. It's a really well done repro.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Suggest you make contact with Skip of pinjunk an ebay seller in the US. He is super helpful. You can contact him through this item

He doesn't have anything at present, but I'll keep an eye on his ebay store...thanks.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

PinballTom113 said:
I bought one of these for my high hand. It's a really well done repro.

I've sourced a repro back door locally but thanks anyway. Just need the backglass and lockdown bar now.

#11 8 years ago

With the low aussie dollar, a repro backglass for High Hand will cost A$475 delivered from bgresto. If anyone could take a high resolution photo of the high hand backglass and also the glass measurements, I might see if I can get a nice print of this locally until I can afford to pick up one of their backglasses.

I switched it on for the first time today after spending a month fixing things...it lit up and weakly kicked the ball out, but none of the playfield scores. The score reels work well and the targets reset which is good. Someone's put a wire from the start relay to the transformer which I might have to look at.

#12 8 years ago

Not sure whether you picked up your machine in Brisbane which is where I purchased my High Hand. It had a nasty hack assumedly to reset the target banks during gameplay. It took quite awhile to bring the game back to its origins. Happy to provide any support you may need. I will see how a bg photo comes out.

#13 8 years ago

Hi Wagner!
I'm in Melbourne now on a stopover on the way back to the USA. Just hanging out @ the air New Zealand lounge for a few hours. Should have my high hand operational BY END of next month I hope.

#14 8 years ago

Great to hear you are in Aus dasvis. Safe trip back home & will be good to see your HH when complete. Drop in next time you are down this way.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Happy to provide any support you may need. I will see how a bg photo comes out.

Thanks Wayner,
Yes, I picked it up in Brisbane at a Garage Sale. The guy had it stored for the last 30 years.

#16 8 years ago

A good start may be to thoroughly clean the jones plugs. I use a small stainless steel brush on the male connectors and a really small (4mm) stainless steel round brush on the female side.

#17 8 years ago

After reset, the Ball Count unit should be at the 'zero' position, and then when the ball gets kicked out to the plunger, it crosses the 'ball trough' switch. The ball trough switch closing should activate the Ball Count unit step up coil, so that the Ball Count unit then steps to Ball 1.

There's a switch stack on the backside of the Ball Count unit that indicates the 'zero' position and '6th' position. Both of these switches need to be clean and closed during Ball 1 through 5 in order for the playfield to be alive.

So I'd suggest starting there.

1 week later
#18 8 years ago

Still after a lockdown bar if anyone has a spare they can sell me. I'll keep trying because I know they're out there and I don't want to give up on completing this machine

1 week later
#19 8 years ago

I contacted pinball resource and they have no plans for stocking the lockdown bar. It looks like I won't be able to complete my High Hand unless someone on this forum can sell me one.

#20 8 years ago

Keep looking, they turn up on Ebay about as often as chime boxes and places like Pinball Warehouse in Melbourne might get a wrecker through their shop.....Give them a call and let them know you're hunting.

Also consider The sharks fin type...it may not be authentic but it works if you have the mount and if not you can always retrofit the round pins.

If I spot one I will give you a yell.

Welcome to the High Hand club....one of the best looking tables ever made if you ask me. Be patient, it's worth the wait.

#21 8 years ago

Oh yeah, I'm going to be talking to a guy up the road who is a fabricator and has made wedgehead backdoors before....I'm in the market for 3 and if you like I'll get a quote for you.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from greenechidna:

it may not be authentic

well neither is that early solid state apron......

#23 8 years ago

Oh yeah, I'm going to be talking to a guy up the road who is a fabricator and has made wedgehead backdoors before....I'm in the market for 3 and if you like I'll get a quote for you.

Welcome to the High Hand club....one of the best looking tables ever made if you ask me. Be patient, it's worth the wait.

Thanks Mate, I agree, it's a great looking game. I just got mine up and running half an hour ago and just played a couple of games...great fun!
Yeah, I'd like a quote for the backdoor...would he cut the lock hole too? He sounds handy enough to make a batch of lockdown bars as well

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Ripe for conversion & a good price
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Finned Pinball Machine Lockdown Bar

I contacted this guy...he won't post to Australia : (
(even though the ad indicates otherwise)

#26 8 years ago

Set up a US address eg Comgateway (there are many others)-no charge for the setup just the freight to Australia

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Set up a US address eg Comgateway (there are many others)-no charge for the setup just the freight to Australia

Kovalski3 has pm'd me to let me know he has a spare lockdown bar he might sell me...just have to work out a price

#28 8 years ago

Possibly good news but just be conscious of shipping costs to Australia. Volume/weight calc can be significant. I have always had a good experience with USPS.

#29 8 years ago

WOW, this is like Ozside this post, all but one person is Aussie or at least in the country. But you are always welcome DF.

#30 8 years ago

Still looking for a lockdown bar...c'mon all you parts 'hoarders' out there... let it go

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Odessa:

Still looking for a lockdown bar...c'mon all you parts 'hoarders' out there... let it go

what was Kovalski3 asking for his?

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

what was Kovalski3 asking for his?

I couldn't get a price out of him. He decided he didn't really want to sell it, in case he needed it one day.
But if I offered enough, he might sell it...Same thing happened with another pinsider who contacted me and then changed his mind

#33 8 years ago

It seems incredible he PM'd you then

#35 8 years ago

I didn't think it was this hard to find cabinet parts for Gottlieb em's...I was surprised that The Pinball Resource has no plans of stocking the lockdown bars in the future. It's not looking good that I'll get it complete anytime soon.(still fun to play though)

2 weeks later
#36 8 years ago

Still after a lockdown bar for my High Hand if anyone can help out...

2 weeks later
#37 8 years ago

It's gone...the lockdown bar hoarders were triumphant...you know who you are .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakeville, MN
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-73-gottlieb-high-hand-parts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.