• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jho159
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

whitestar (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

Wanted: 520-5300-00 White Star (Atmel) CPU

Added: 2017-12-04 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (January 17th, 2018) • Ended: February 9th, 2018

Price

Wanted

Looking for this for my Ripley's Believe It or Not! Game has the older board in it, 520-5136-00, which is not compatible with the sound. Please pm if you have one for sale with a price including shipping.

Thanks!

Item photos

whitestar (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are jho159's market stats.

silver Seller Level

jho159 has the Pinside Silver seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to jho159's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Peotone, IL, US

#2 6 years ago

I have a LOTR (it uses the same board) with a dead sound system. I found out that if you install a Pinsound board, it completely takes the place of the stock sound system, right down to the processor level. If this also works for your RBION, you could get your sound running a lot cheaper than replacing the board.

#3 6 years ago

you can update os software for sound and it will be works, my sopranos didnt work, after upgrade works fine

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

you can update os software for sound and it will be works, my sopranos didnt work, after upgrade works fine

That will work if you sound system chips are still working. Mine won't even blink when you turn it on.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Yeah, that isn't 100% correct. I updated to os8 and it didn't fix my Lotr sound issue.

Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I have a LOTR (it uses the same board) with a dead sound system. I found out that if you install a Pinsound board, it completely takes the place of the stock sound system, right down to the processor level. If this also works for your RBION, you could get your sound running a lot cheaper than replacing the board.

Definately not cheaper, pinsound is over $500. I went that route though versus waiting to have the board repaired

And the final note is stern is confirmed to be making more whitestar boards. Will be available mid January. Call your distributor to get one

#6 6 years ago

I priced out pinsound for my LOTR and it came out to $409 plus shipping. All you need is the base board and the whitestar adapter. Repairing it was going to be at least $300 plus shipping two ways.

That is good news that more whitestar boards are coming. If they are priced where they were last time, the price will be between $450 and $500.

#7 6 years ago

Replace all broken ic, I saw atmel ic'a on marco they selling already programmed chips

1 week later
#8 6 years ago

Bump....still looking. The board in it now (520-5136-00) works for everything but the sound.... Would prefer to find the correct board and then sell the one that is in it.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from jho159:

Bump....still looking. The board in it now (520-5136-00) works for everything but the sound.... Would prefer to find the correct board and then sell the one that is in it.

Update that board to version 8 and it should work. Stern has a service bulletin for that and I can send you the chips as a Christmas gift if you need

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Update that board to version 8 and it should work. Stern has a service bulletin for that and I can send you the chips as a Christmas gift if you need

Updating the Bootflash EPROM won't make a difference.

The service bulletin your referring to is for the 520-5300 White Star Atmel CPU/Sound Board only. jho159 has the 520-5136 White Star BSMT2000 CPU/Sound Board which is not compatible with Terminator 3, The Lord of the Rings, Ripley’s Believe It or Not!, ELVIS, Harley-Davidson 3rd Edition, or Sopranos. Feel free to check for yourself, I've listed a link to the service bulletin below.

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb157.pdf

#11 6 years ago

Thanks for the offers and info. The search continues.....

#12 6 years ago

Christmas bump.......anyone have one for sale? Bueller......anyone.....anyone???

#13 6 years ago

At this point I would just wait for the new ones to be released. Can pobably get it for less than the used ones are going for right now. Figure about a month. Feel free to PM me if/when you're ready to sell your BSMT version. Got one out for repair right now, and not sure yet how it's going to go. Thanks.

#14 6 years ago

If the new ones show up on time........great! In the meantime, I am still looking....

1 week later
#15 6 years ago

New Year's bump.....

2 weeks later
#16 6 years ago

Still looking..... anybody got one they can sell me?

#17 6 years ago

betsonparts told me they should be available on the 18th, only two more days. Crazy high price listed though...

https://www.betsonparts.com/stern-cpu-sound-board-for-pinball-games-with-white-star-system-boards.html

Marco said they would be selling for around $435 when they get them in, but no date. Might be worth it to make a call to Betson and see if you can get a better price.

Just got the word today that my BSMT version has been repaired. My RCT may soon be more than an art piece.

#18 6 years ago

Thanks. Will try and see what happens.....

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-520-5300-00-white-star-atmel-cpu?hl=vbobrusev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.