Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by EricHadley
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

35885F87-E192-4681-9563-2B2CDC2F0968 (resized).jpeg
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

First off let me apologize. I know people do these threads all the time and I myself have done it before. But this time it’s a real emergency. I want to sell 3-4 games because I am simply busting at the seams and want some space back. So what to sell?

Star Trek LE - My first acquisition and a beautiful game. Also a blast to play. Feels like a keeper
    Walking Dead LE - Simply put....Fun! Feels like a keeper
    Total Nuclear Annihilation - Love the unique game plays. Fast. Fun. Feels like a keeper
    Spider-Man LE - Gorgeous. Fun. Fast. Drove 1500 miles round trip to pick it up. Feels like a keeper
    Wizard of Oz RR 2.0 boards - Extremely gorgeous game. Deep code. Jury is out on whether or not I like to play it. Should be a keeper but not sure
    Lord of the Rings - I am wrapping up a Playfield swap. It looks better then NIB now. Great game. Keeper
    Simpson’s Pinball Party - Awesome deep game. Packed with toys. Favorite theme for me. Keeper
    Monster Bash LE - Pretty new to me still. Very gorgeous. Not deep code, but fun code. Keeper
    Metallica - Favorite game in this household. I’d get murdered if I sold it. Bolted to the floor
    Medieval Madness LE - Very fun game. Deep enough code, fun shooter, great call outs. Feels like a keeper
    Attack from Mars LE- Also a fun game and great theme. First game I ever beat! Feels like a keeper
    Dialed In LE - Game is packed with code and toys. It’s fun to play, but some shots frustrating. Theme is meh. Should be a keeper but IDK
    Funhouse - Great classic. Fairly new to me. Going to be my next refurb project. Keeper
    Munsters LE - Interesting game. Code kind sucks though. The LE is pretty. It is fun to play even though the code is weird/sucks. IDK might sell :-/
    Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle - I don’t have it yet. Looks fun. Going to wait and get it and play it. Keeper? IDK yet
    Black Knight LE - I don’t have it yet. No idea if it’ll be a keeper or not, need to wait and see.

So what the hell? Sell WOZ, DI and Munsters? Then wait and see on the 2 I don’t have yet and see if they are keeper or not? Can’t believe WOZ and DI fell to the bottom like that. I don’t want to sell any of them, but if I had to choose 3-4 I guess this is how it shakes out? Thoughts?

#2 5 years ago

I admit you have a problem. So many great games I wouldn't know where to start and how too play them enough. Good that your in Denver and not Chicago very tempting.

Good luck.

#3 5 years ago

Again???

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

First off let me apologize. I know people do these threads all the time and I myself have done it before. But this time it’s a real emergency. I want to sell 3-4 games because I am simply busting at the seams and want some space back. So what to sell?
    Star Trek LE - My first acquisition and a beautiful game. Also a blast to play. Feels like a keeper
    Walking Dead LE - Simply put....Fun! Feels like a keeper
    Total Nuclear Annihilation - Love the unique game plays. Fast. Fun. Feels like a keeper
    Spider-Man LE - Gorgeous. Fun. Fast. Drove 1500 miles round trip to pick it up. Feels like a keeper
    Wizard of Oz RR 2.0 boards - Extremely gorgeous game. Deep code. Jury is out on whether or not I like to play it. Should be a keeper but not sure
    Lord of the Rings - I am wrapping up a Playfield swap. It looks better then NIB now. Great game. Keeper
    Simpson’s Pinball Party - Awesome deep game. Packed with toys. Favorite theme for me. Keeper
    Monster Bash LE - Pretty new to me still. Very gorgeous. Not deep code, but fun code. Keeper
    Metallica - Favorite game in this household. I’d get murdered if I sold it. Bolted to the floor
    Medieval Madness LE - Very fun game. Deep enough code, fun shooter, great call outs. Feels like a keeper
    Attack from Mars LE- Also a fun game and great theme. First game I ever beat! Feels like a keeper
    Dialed In LE - Game is packed with code and toys. It’s fun to play, but some shots frustrating. Theme is meh. Should be a keeper but IDK
    Funhouse - Great classic. Fairly new to me. Going to be my next refurb project. Keeper
    Munsters LE - Interesting game. Code kind sucks though. The LE is pretty. It is fun to play even though the code is weird/sucks. IDK might sell :-/
    Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle - I don’t have it yet. Looks fun. Going to wait and get it and play it. Keeper? IDK yet
    Black Knight LE - I don’t have it yet. No idea if it’ll be a keeper or not, need to wait and see.
    So what the hell? Sell WOZ, DI and Munsters? Then wait and see on the 2 I don’t have yet and see if they are keeper or not? Can’t believe WOZ and DI fell to the bottom like that. I don’t want to sell any of them, but if I had to choose 3-4 I guess this is how it shakes out? Thoughts?

I agree. WOZ, DI and Munsters. Sell sell sell.

And again I apologize about Monopoly. I really wanted it, Wife didn’t.

#5 5 years ago

Yes. I’m sorry

#6 5 years ago

Maybe you should just pick 1 pin to sell at a time. Just pick the least played pin in your collection. Then see how you feel and go from there. Hard choices as you have some great games

#7 5 years ago

Metallica
    Star Trek
    Spider-Man

#8 5 years ago

If it was me?

Bye bye STLE, AFM, LOTR and TNA. Sold all of them and zero regrets.

But c’mon, you know what you like haha. One thing I’ll say is don’t sell TSPP

#9 5 years ago

I would sell
    1 Total Nuclear Annihilation
    2 Munsters
    3 Dialed In
    4 AFMR or MMR I would sell one of these two because they both have similar layouts.

#10 5 years ago

ACNC
    WOZ
    TNA

#11 5 years ago

Well from your post I would definitely sell Munsters.

#12 5 years ago

Munsters
    Spider man
    TSPP
    ACNC

There you go, problem solved.

#13 5 years ago

Advertise them all.

First 4 that sell are gone. Out the door.

Decision made.

Fate has spoken.

Move on.

rd

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Advertise them all.
    Decision made.
    Fate has spoken.
    Move on.
    rd

I like the way this guy thinks. You cant make a decision, so let the community make it for you.

#15 5 years ago

DRAIN.....

#16 5 years ago

I love spiderman, and I think stle is the best le ever... but honestly I don’t think I could own both. They just feel to similar to me... outside of that I probly can’t offer any advise. If it were me I’d ditch woz and mmr but I don’t have good reasons other than I’m just meh on em.

#17 5 years ago

Seriously?

Everyone has their own taste and reasons for liking certain games. This is a decision you need to make for yourself and not ask strangers to do for you. Do yourself a favour and stop making these threads.

#18 5 years ago

I see your handle Wacky is appropriate . Last month you were contemplating selling all your pins now you have all these new titles. Hobbies can be addicting.

I would sell Munsters, Star Trek, Spider-Man, and wait to see how the new pins fit in your collection. You didn’t acquire them all in one day and you don’t have to unload them in one day either.

Nice collection!

#19 5 years ago

It is a tough market to sell 1 pin, let alone 3 or 4 right now - go with RD's advice and just get the 3-4 sold - you know you can always by those titles back down the road.

#20 5 years ago

I can't argue with @rotordave's approach, but if it were me, I would go with:

1. TNA
    2. Munsters
    3. WOZ

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Advertise them all.
    Decision made.
    Fate has spoken.
    Move on.
    rd

That’s actually a good idea.......

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

...I myself have done it before. But this time it’s a real emergency.

Emergency?

#23 5 years ago

Munsters and Star Trek would be my first two to go. Then maybe TNA.

#24 5 years ago

Seems like TNA keeps getting mentioned... I like it, particularly for group play.

#25 5 years ago

Loan a few out on a rotation to some local friends.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

...I want to sell 3-4 games...

...I don’t want to sell any of them...

Uh, what?

#27 5 years ago

Yeah it’s the same mentality as the for sale listings that state “I need to sell as I am out of room” and the further down in their post they state “will trade for .....”.

#28 5 years ago

Walking Dead not big on show or layout on this game, WOZ, and TNA fun for an older style game made new but no ramps. WOZ has a lot in it and great overall package but game is slow and boring compared to POTc or DI by JJP.

#29 5 years ago

Just bring 3-4 pins to my house to store. Come get them whenever you miss them. That way, you don't have to sell

#30 5 years ago

Bye Bye WOZ, DI, AFM or Munsters, maybe TNA or STLE

#31 5 years ago

If you don’t need the money fold 6 up and that takes the blueprint of four pins...more room instantly, then rotate them in the lineup periodically to change things up. Your welcome.

#32 5 years ago

Sell them all and take up a new hobby then we won't have to be bothered with making decisions for you. Ultimately you won't even make any decision and will still have all these same games 3 weeks from now. Heres a thought, pull up bookkeeping and check the play totals and whichever are the lowest sell if you are serious. Geez lets move on!!

#33 5 years ago

I understand your pain. The first time I sold all of my “keepers”, it was liberating. It reminded me they are just toys and I had fun getting new ones to take their places. I’ve now accumulated several more “keepers” and I am, once again, hesitant to sell.

Good problem to have, too many great pinballs.

#34 5 years ago

What a thread. My Uncle is dying and trying to figure out things before passing. This OP is laying in bed worrying about what pinball to sell.

#35 5 years ago

I decided to put DI on CL and see what happens then move on from there

#36 5 years ago

There you go, folks.
    denver.craigslist.org link

#37 5 years ago

Market if flooded with high end games ..o would wait till xmiss time

#38 5 years ago

I find it a bit pathetic that you are contemplating getting rid of games (ACNC and Black Knight) before you have even gotten them or tried them out. Must be nice to have your problems

#39 5 years ago

Build an addition, it would appear you have the means.

#40 5 years ago

I'd sell:

SM LE (and then buy a regular minty SM)
    ST LE
    Munsters LE
    ACNC
    Walking Dead LE (personal preference - appreciate it's excellently designed, but mostly hated playing it)

I'd also stop buying LE's, just fuels the shit furnace.

#41 5 years ago

I will pray for your Soul.

#42 5 years ago

Only need to sell one thing; your house.

Bigger house solves the issue!

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

What a thread. My Uncle is dying and trying to figure out things before passing. This OP is laying in bed worrying about what pinball to sell.

Are you and WackyBrakke related?

#44 5 years ago

MM and Munsters.

I find MM boring. I don't even turn mine on any more. Hit this ramp 4x's, hit this loop 4x's....now do it all again 3x's.

#45 5 years ago

I went from 30 to 3. I was so attached to all my pins but as someone on Pinside said when I asked the same question you are now (don't remember who it was but they were 100% accurate) once you sell that first one it becomes easier. Sell two, even easier. Sell three, .......... I would say I miss a few, primarily Addams Family and Twilight Zone. Maybe I will get those two pins again one day.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

MM and Munsters.
    I find MM boring. I don't even turn mine on any more. Hit this ramp 4x's, hit this loop 4x's....now do it all again 3x's.

I noticed you own TNA. How’s the replayability with that title as I was thinking of getting one. Seriously, looks fun but repetitive? I played Munsters, wanted to shoot the pin then myself.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

I went from 30 to 4. I was so attached to all my pins but as someone on Pinside said when I asked the same question you are now (don't remember who it was but they were 100% accurate) once you sell that first one it becomes easier. Sell two, even easier. Sell three, .......... I would say I miss a few, primarily Addams Family and Twilight Zone. Maybe I will get those two pins again one day.

You downsized, really? New hobby looming?

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I'm sorry for what your uncle is going through, but in the OP's defense, this is a pinball forum, and virtually the whole site is trivial in comparison to what your uncle is facing.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

I'm sorry for what your uncle is going through, but in the OP's defense, this is a pinball forum, and virtually the whole site is trivial in comparison to what your uncle is facing.

That’s why I asked if they were related. Odd thing to post in pinball thread if they aren’t.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

You downsized, really? New hobby looming?

Hi. Hope all is well. Took the money from the sales and bought a condo down shore just north of cape may, nj three years ago. it is called seapointe village. it is like a resort. check it out online. since i teach and my kids are still young, now 8 and 10, we go the entire summer. my wife tries to bank vacation days and arrange as many 3 and 4 day weekends during the summer so she can be down with us. it was probably the best decision we ever made as a family. but don't worry, i still have the tron le and the tron le playfield. i don't think that will ever be sold while i am alive.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/want-to-sell-3-4-games-but-which-ones/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.