(Topic ID: 245021)

Want to keep back attached for U-Haul trailer - possible with dolly?

By swampwiz

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by swampwiz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oldgoat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampwiz:

These are old EMs I'm taking about, and so there is no hinge to make it nice & safe.

I see some past threads about this where folks have modified the jack so that the handle swivels. While I see some benefit for that, I don't see why they couldn't have just situated the pin sideways.

It's not about the handle swiveling. The issue is that you can't get the table far enough under the pin to find the center of gravity. (I'm lazy and have not modified mine yet...too embarrassed to say how long I've owned it, so I just remove the handle, slide it under the pin and use the handle for the lift to drag it around. This is fine for short moves around the gameroom) Coming from the side would be an issue since you have less surface area to have the weight distributed and would likely make it 'tippy'

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampwiz:

I have seen these threads, and I don't feel like going that route since it seems that the pin could just positioned sideways on the table.
    With the legs off, the center of gravity will be low enough so that it won't tip over.

Maybe, at least it won't fall as far How tippy it is is a function of the COG of the machine to the lift table top since that is the surface it is resting on, not the COG to the ground. That may seem counter-intuitive; however, if you think about, it makes sense. A pinball machine is not more tippy on the second floor of a house than the basement. The one caveat, of course is the stability of the table at various points of extension.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oldgoat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/want-to-keep-back-attached-for-u-haul-trailer-possible-with-dolly?tu=Oldgoat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.