(Topic ID: 130290)

Want more MET Premiums? Per Stern - Let your Distro know!

By Concretehardt

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_1.jpg
image.jpg
White-Walker-1024x576.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

If you want a Met Premium Let your Distro know... (Hot off the press)

"METALLICA PREMIUM: We have noticed a high level of comments and inbox messages asking us about Metallica Premium and if we would do another run. Our license with Metallica is still current and we do have the ability do make these machines at any time as demand dictates.

Are you seriously in the market for a Metallica Premium? Have you contacted your local retailer to let them know? How many are actually very serious in the market for one?

We decide when we run games and how many based on demand from our retailers, who in turn base their demand from you. If you want to see Metallica Premium again and are a serious buyer, please contact your authorized retailer of choice. Find them on this list if you do not know who they are.

http://www.sternpinball.com/find-a-retailer

If we hear from multiple retailers that serious demand is there, we can consider making another run of these machines. Please let them know how you feel. In the mean-time, if you want to leave a comment as well please feel free. Thanks for supporting Stern Pinball!"

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153360113454244&substory_index=0&id=136972659243&refid=17

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 8 years ago

10k by x-mas

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Not going to happen

JJ did you read what Jared just posted on Sterns Facebook page?

#5 8 years ago

I would buy one!

#6 8 years ago

Let's make it happen!

#7 8 years ago

I hope it happens. I would love to pick one up.

#8 8 years ago

I'm in

#9 8 years ago

Oh, this is going to happen!!

#10 8 years ago

I'd possibly be in on one at the right price, though the RTL possibility may make it a definite if it happens. I haven't liked the cab or translite art much on any version thus far (roadcase being the best IMO).

#11 8 years ago

I would be interested in one

#12 8 years ago

I hope people reach out and tell their distributors. I really like that Stern is listening.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I hope people reach out and tell their distributors. I really like that Stern is listening.

image.jpg

Jared is doing a kick ass job with Stern's Facebook page! I send him a question and he responds immiediatly!

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Jared is doing a kick ass job with Stern's Facebook page! I send him a question and he responds immiediatly!

No doubt, I never really paid attention to their face book page, but now I find myself posting on it daily.

#15 8 years ago

Is this going to be the Ride The Lightning edition?

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is this going to be the Ride The Lightning edition?

If it was, I might be in on it. What is the typical price for a Metallica premium?

#17 8 years ago

I'm in for one if they make them.

#18 8 years ago

Somewhere between 6 and 7 k.

#19 8 years ago

As many are likely aware by now (From Stern's FB): "A Clarification about Metallica Premium: Yesterday a post went up here on our page discussing our Metallica Premium pinball machines and if there were sufficient demand to create more. In the message we encouraged anyone who was interested in one to contact their local authorized Stern Pinball dealer to let them know so that such demand could be communicated to us through the proper channels.
This inadvertently caused some confusion and concern that needs to be addressed today.
While we want to be totally clear that "any" non limited edition Stern Pinball game could "possibly" be made again or in greater quantities, there are absolutely no official plans at this time to make any more Metallica premium machines of any variety.
Communicating your pinball interest to your dealer remains the best way for us to gauge interest and demand in a product, and we continue to take all things into consideration.
Our production schedule is packed for the remainder of 2015 and there are no plans at all to make anymore Metallica Premium, especially not this year. This could change in the future, but not until an announcement was made specifying this.
We value your feedback and opinion here at Stern Pinball and have taken significant efforts recently to outreach and interact with you all here on Facebook. In the case of Metallica Premium, this effort was premature and overstepped some boundaries. This error was my own alone, and I apologize. To any potential customers or distributors that the previous message affected in a negative way please accept my sincere apology.
Amazing news is around the corner, and many cool new things are planned. We are excited to be here on the journey with you.
-Jared
Stern Social Marketing"

----Main confusing point I think was the suggestion to contact a dealer if you are ready to buy within the next "30 days".... Seeing as it now seems to suggest none could get made in 2015, that was perhaps a bit misleading. Otherwise, I didn't have much hope for a RTL version, but it's wishful thinking. If I could get a NIB premium for 7k or less at my doorstep (even if that just meant renting a vehicle to make a pickup in Jacksonville), then I may very well be persuaded, but I don't feel motivated to contact a distributor over something that "might" happen in 2016.

#20 8 years ago

I just ordered a NIB Metallica premium, hope you guys find yours!

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I just ordered a NIB Metallica premium, hope you guys find yours!

If that's at the price I seem to have missed out on, then congrats for sure. Would be nice to have a premium, but the current price difference I've seen is hard to justify when the pro is so nice. However, I question if I'd want some of the extra features at some point if I got a pro, and would rather not have the hassle of trading up in the future :/ Yeah I know...first world problems...

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

If that's at the price I seem to have missed out on, then congrats for sure. Would be nice to have a premium, but the current price difference I've seen is hard to justify when the pro is so nice. However, I question if I'd want some of the extra features at some point if I got a pro, and would rather not have the hassle of trading up in the future :/ Yeah I know...first world problems...

I traded in all my pinside Karma points for it, thought that was a fair deal. This is why there is no longer Karma points, distributors were losing $ and pressured "the creator" to do away with them. Last day to use them was when the site was updated a few days ago, hope you all cashed in and got something fun!

#23 8 years ago

They should do the road case cabinet with monsters translite. Second best art package behind the LE, to my eyes. There are more than enough purple & green cabinets out there anyway.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I traded in all my pinside Karma points for it, thought that was a fair deal. This is why there is no longer Karma points, distributors were losing $ and pressured "the creator" to do away with them. Last day to use them was when the site was updated a few days ago, hope you all cashed in and got something fun!

You must have had some Karma points left over as I see you upgraded your digs from Hulktown to Tronville.. Hulktown was starting to get overrun by undesirable types. It's probably a wise move

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Hulktown was starting to get overrun by undesirable types. It's probably a wise move

Agreed, it was feeling a bit too Dane County'ish so I bailed.

#26 8 years ago

They will do it. This is just their way of covering their @$$ from the flack they got from rereleasing TWD premium.

#27 8 years ago

The roadcase cab looks killer but that BG is FUGLY! They need a BG with just the band name or one of their album covers...

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Son of a b – ...

#29 8 years ago

I wish they would do another Premium like Luci but a Metallica version. The Pro is awesome and I can't get past the old dudes on the back box. I'm not a fan of the band but I love the pin!

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I can't get past the old dudes on the back box.

Wish there was some way to remove the old dudes in the backbox on that roadcase version but they use unremovable tape.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Wish there was some way to remove the old dudes in the backbox on that roadcase version but they use unremovable tape.

Weird. I was able to get that removable tape off to switch out our Pro translite for a Monster translite.

Maybe they accidentally used removable tape instead of unremovable tape on ours. Or maybe I just have really strong finger nails.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Weird. I was able to get that removable tape off to switch out our Pro translite for a Monster translite.
Maybe they accidentally used removable tape instead of unremovable tape on ours. Or maybe I just have really strong finger nails.

I tried cutting it with a razor knife once and it shattered like a WhiteWalker to John Snow's blade.

White-Walker-1024x576.jpgWhite-Walker-1024x576.jpg

#33 8 years ago

Yep but i knew the retraction was coming, ive been pushing amd quite litterly asking 2 times a month if we could get more Met premiums. I wish it was true, I really do. But it dosnt look likely for the time being. Sorry guys.

JJ

#34 8 years ago

What distos didnt like karma points? I happen to have thought they were cool, and good for the community....

Ps im not sure quotes are working right

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Yep but i knew the retraction was coming, ive been pushing amd quite litterly asking 2 times a month if we could get more Met premiums. I wish it was true, I really do. But it dosnt look likely for the time being. Sorry guys.
JJ

If you are wrong you will be receiving a nut punch.

#36 8 years ago

Ha I wont say i will stand still for it, but I wont wear a cup the next time i see you.. Fair?

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Ha I wont say i will stand still for it, but I wont wear a cup the next time i see you.. Fair?

#38 8 years ago

I'd like to see this happen, just to have the option. I love my Pro but want the color changing inserts, that goofball hammer would be the only potential deal killer.

I wish they had the Star Trek Pro style color changing inserts when the Metallica Pro LED was released. To me, that combo of features would have made it the greatest game they've ever done.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I'd like to see this happen, just to have the option. I love my Pro but want the color changing inserts, that goofball hammer would be the only potential deal killer.
I wish they had the Star Trek Pro style color changing inserts when the Metallica Pro LED was released. To me, that combo of features would have made it the greatest game they've ever done.

+1
Well said

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

JJ

What do you think the issue is? Or can't you say?

#41 8 years ago

I honestly have no clue. I to wonder why ever time im able to order more pros then prem. maybe they have more demand for pros over seas and no demand over seas for premiums? I dunno

#42 8 years ago

If stern makes another run of Premiums I'd be tempted to go all in and get my first Stern game. Distro's notified.

#43 8 years ago

Could be that they had issues w/ some of the Premium toys and even if the profit margin is higher than a Pro its not worth it to build.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I honestly have no clue. I to wonder why ever time im able to order more pros then prem. maybe they have more demand for pros over seas and no demand over seas for premiums? I dunno

Yea it does remain a mystery even with solid Premium demand on several of their titles and more per-unit profit to be had.

#45 8 years ago

At a guess... all the prem parts have been used up. Different playfield, cross mech,snake mech,hammer ect. Might not be worth an order for all the parts for a small run?

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

At a guess... all the prem parts have been used up. Different playfield, cross mech,snake mech,hammer ect. Might not be worth an order for all the parts for a small run?

Is the playfield actually any different other than the inserts? The Pro has the cutaway for the cross to rise, the other stuff is negligible. I think they might be the same.

#47 8 years ago

edit: got to keep reading!

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Is the playfield actually any different other than the inserts?

1 insert is enough to mean that you can't use the same playfield for both games. Drilling and routing has got to be different when you have that whole hammer and coffin lock situation...there's no hole for the sinking magnet core on a pro.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

1 insert is enough to mean that you can't use the same playfield for both games. Drilling and routing has got to be different when you have that whole hammer and coffin lock situation...there's no hole for the sinking magnet core on a pro.

Its a hole for a magnet insert and a clear cover for the coffin mech. The space for the mechanisms is all there on the Pro. Inserts are all the same, other than the Premium having clear ones for the color changing LED's. The differences are negligible for a company capable of cranking out 2 completely new games a year.

#50 8 years ago

Oy, don't jump me. I own a pro that I'm perfectly happy with. You asked if there were differences. There are. That's all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 25.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/want-a-metallica-premium-let-stern-know-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.