Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally Sounder Assembly (resized).jpg
    IMG_8190 (resized).jpg
    Smoothed Rectified Voltage (resized).jpg
    Rectified Voltage (resized).jpg
    AC Voltage (resized).jpg
    IMG_3191 (resized).JPG
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

I have noted over the years that not all knockers are equal- seems that some are a shot gun blast that send people ducking on first hearing it and others are so weak I struggle to hear them when others are playing at the same time. I had cleaned switches, replaced coils, etc and finally decided my Williams grand prix was just never going to be loud...
    I found these after seeing someone else suggest their use and after a few minutes with the soldering iron and addition of a diode (being strictly adherent to EMF principles) I now have a pretty loud knocker on my Williams. I did my gottliebs too- hoping to take them into the super loud category!
    A little full wave DC rectifying at the coil goes a long way!!
    Easy peasy- very satisfying, and now I get a
    Real reward for a high score! A LOUD knock!!

[quoted image]

Nice -
    I picked 10 of these rectifiers when I placed a Digikey order... installing one tonight!

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Yeah, Iv'e run the screw all the way up. Still not too loud, but I guess it's ok in my home environment. If it was in an arcade you wouldn't hear it. All Bally knockers are not like that. For example, my Hokus Pokus is LOUD! My Old Chicago is LOUD! I've been playing Bazaar every day. I'm getting used to the click-click sound.

Yep, it all started with Hokus Pokus: The Bally "Big Boom Sounder".

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/want-a-loud-knocker/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.