Topic poll

“If you had the option of a custom DS”

• Translucent 2 votes
    22%
  • As close to the original as possiable 7 votes
    78%

(9 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

I was thinking of reproducing a DE star wars death star, because mine is not it the best of condition.
Does anybody else think they would want one? If so Whats a fair price you would pay?

#2 11 years ago

There are some on EBay as of last night. Had three listed as available.

#3 11 years ago

clear would look like shit, because you would see everything under. Should make one that's all being build like in ROTJ. that would be badass.

#4 11 years ago

Yea I don't think those are made for the pin. There is a thread that showed it was a top to a plastic toy. I think that's why it looks a lighter gray with les detail. Ill look again though

#5 11 years ago

they don't make them for the pin, but that's why it would be a mod. Custom could be made. Actually if you can find a rubber ball type version of it, just cut it in half and screw it on.

#6 11 years ago

The proto type machine had a death star with lights in it. That would be the coolest replacement/mod!

#8 11 years ago

Blue or purple works real well in there.

#9 11 years ago

Yes!

I thought like in RL... nm me

#10 11 years ago

+1 for the return of Jedi look. That would be cool!

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

clear would look like shit, because you would see everything under. Should make one that's all being build like in ROTJ. that would be badass.

1 week later
#11 11 years ago

Definitely would be interested in at least two. I am working on a mod to light it up with fiber optics. The ones listed on ebay indicated they are smaller than the original. If you look closely at the PICs it about 1/2" less in diameter.

#12 11 years ago

Sounds good ill keep u in the loop

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

actually they all have a flasher in them.

Yeah, but the prototype, the death star had holes in it and it was lit up with GI. Basically made the death star look occupied if you will.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/want-a-death-star and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.