Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 days ago by Richthofen
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6283 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1996 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1893 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1891 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0293 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0294 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0221 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0217 (resized).jpeg
    NSMMount (resized).jpg
    IMG_6268 (resized).jpeg
    NSMwallbracket (resized).jpg
    IMG_0662 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6244 (resized).jpeg
    71uZbRZxmQL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    DF358D34-6F97-45E2-88D6-8A9024AA2072 (resized).jpeg
    There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

What do these things go for? Recommended brands? Where to buy? What to look out for? I would love a CD juke in my basement but don't want to take up precious floor space with a floor unit (nor do I want to move a 300lb unit if I can avoid it).

#2 3 years ago

Would also be super interested in recommendations without breaking the bank...following!

#3 3 years ago

$6-800 for a Rowe Storm or similar. They hold 100 and pretty reliable from what I’ve researched. Got my Storm around Christmas and spent $675. I got the Berkley for $200 but had a spend a few bucks to get it running.

25C78FCB-152C-42AE-B759-D15A5A661BB0 (resized).jpeg25C78FCB-152C-42AE-B759-D15A5A661BB0 (resized).jpeg87DC862E-C4CD-4CF8-85D9-532B8A9AD024 (resized).jpeg87DC862E-C4CD-4CF8-85D9-532B8A9AD024 (resized).jpeg
    #4 3 years ago

Love my Emerald Ice by NSM. I'm an EM guy so this thing kind of stands out as an oddball in my gameroom. It replaced a 1958 Seeburg 220 that was cool. This one however plays way more songs, better sound and takes up less space. Plus a great way to utilize my CD collection sitting in boxes.

I paid $500 on Offerup about 3 years ago. They seemed to have gotten more expensive and harder to find since then.

Mine has required a few repairs since I got it but seems straightforward enough.

Other brands that I know of are Rowe and Regatta. Rowe seems to be a good choice. No idea on Regatta.

EmeraldIce (resized).JPGEmeraldIce (resized).JPG
    #5 3 years ago

I have this Rowe Eagle wall juke. 375 bucks was what I paid, built a stand for it and put it on castors to move around easily rather than mount to the wall. It sounds great and has been super reliable. These wall units are still heavy as hell!

EFBA61E9-650E-4D27-897D-9265DCD2CE4D (resized).jpegEFBA61E9-650E-4D27-897D-9265DCD2CE4D (resized).jpeg

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Plus a great way to utilize my CD collection sitting in boxes.

This is a big driver; I still have my CD collection and having a 100 CD juke would mean they'd get a second life, so to speak. Plus I grew up on CDs (my first album was a CD in 1992).

BTW I love this community; I put something a bit left-field from pinball but still gameroom related, and I get instant feedback from people also in the same boat. Awesome.

#7 3 years ago

I take it most people are finding these used? Do you need to run external speakers?

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

I take it most people are finding these used? Do you need to run external speakers?

Yes and yes.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Yes, they (speaking for the Rowe) has multiple outputs for different ohm speakers. You'll want to invest in the manuals if you can. Lots of options/adjustments/features and explains this.

Yes they are seriously heavy! Make sure when you buy one that you get the wall mount bracket!

Agree on the using up all the old CD's. The Storm (blue one) I got came loaded and has a lot of good stuff so unfortunately I ended up keeping most of those in there and haven't been able to use up my own. There's some great templates online and a generous Pinsider sent me one too that I use. Fill in the songs/title, print and cut out the square!

#10 3 years ago

Rowe Storm/Berkeley Series - great sound, good parts availability. I have a Storm and love it. Don't fear mounting it on the wall, but do your homework, cut a backer board out of plywood for the juke's bracket to mount on, etc. There are some rarer models (same guts, different front glass - Starburst, Sunrise & Symphony come to mind), I wouldn't shy away form these as it's the same electronics.

#11 3 years ago

I have an NSM Digital Thunder wall mount. Holds 100 CDs. Has the strobing lightning bolt on the right side and light up piping on the top and sides. I love the look as it goes perfectly with my blue/gray black light carpet. I paid $400 delivered and installed loaded with CDs and with all the mounting hardware several years ago from an operator friend.

10157382_10202693353167941_306493752590976477_n (resized).jpg10157382_10202693353167941_306493752590976477_n (resized).jpg

#12 3 years ago

I have a NSM Digital Thunder as well. Super fast on switching discs and if you have the output transformer in it, you can drive a 2 ohm speaker load.

#13 3 years ago

Rowe and NSM would be my recommendations. Generally very reliable. Plenty of parts available for Rowe.

4 months later
    #14 2 years ago

I know this is an older post, but I just got an NSM as well. Mine is a FireBird. Got everything mounted and cleaned up last night and am loving it! I paid $600 for this one.

Just know that this thing is STILL about 300 lbs. It's insane how heavy it is, BUT....you can take the door off as well as the mechanism that holds the title cards, so that eliminated about half the weight when mounting it. You do need to run external speakers, but the amp that is built in gives you many options.

Make sure whatever you get comes with the mounting bar and for the love of God make SURE it's into studs. You don't want these things falling down on anything or anyone.

Chris

IMG_4389 (resized).jpgIMG_4389 (resized).jpgIMG_4394 (resized).jpgIMG_4394 (resized).jpgIMG_4396 (resized).jpgIMG_4396 (resized).jpg
    #15 2 years ago

I have an NSM Digital Thunder too. Working great, during 12 years I have cleaned and lubricated the CD mechanism once. Paid about 800€ 12 years ago. Amp is good sounding and plenty of power. Volume can be controlled by optional IR remote control. And there is an auxiliary input so you can connect e.g. Bluetooth receiver to the amp.

And yes, this thing IS heavy! Takes two to lift it on to the wall mount bracket. By removing the front door and CD magazines, I made it alone.

#16 2 years ago

Rowe is the way to go. Ample parts still available. Pretty reliable machines.

#17 2 years ago

I love my Rowe CD100 jukes. I got close to buying some wall box jukes, but I really like having the floor models because they sound great.

#18 2 years ago

I would love to find one that plays digital (MP3's) that I could mount on the wall in my game room.

Anyone aware of something like that?

Thanks
    Ed

1 week later
    #19 2 years ago

What is the best software/program to make those pro looking title cards some of you guys have in your jukes?

#20 2 years ago

I run this software in my gameroom for MP3s and ripped my cds to it.. I have a touchscreen on the wall which works great with this software. Then I have an old PC and a stereo receiver in a cabinet then run the software and pump out the tunes. You can even adjust the volume on the touchscreen. I didnt have room for a wall juke box. I have way to many pins!

https://www.zenpoint.org/

Mike

Quoted from eharan:

I would love to find one that plays digital (MP3's) that I could mount on the wall in my game room.
    Anyone aware of something like that?
    Thanks
    Ed

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

What is the best software/program to make those pro looking title cards some of you guys have in your jukes?

For mine I used JukeCD. it is fantastic for inventorying and organizing the CD's. Pulls the info right from the CD and sets up the title cards automatically. For my MSN box, the labels printed not quite the right size, but I could make them work with some trimming. That could likely be corrected if I played with the margins and stuff, but I was good with what I got. For the art I just cut the covers off the CD jackets. I figured I would never be selling them or anything so it didn't matter to me.

Chris

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

This is by far the easiest way I have found to make title cards. I use 4x6 index cards and cut them to size with an x-acto knife. Making title cards is the hardest and the most time intensive part of setting up a jukebox. I was originally making the cards on the computer and printing them out, but using the typewriter is a ton easier and faster.

IMG_20210827_075906879.jpgIMG_20210827_075906879.jpgIMG_20210827_080144398.jpgIMG_20210827_080144398.jpg

#23 2 years ago

Just saw this topic and maybe eight years ago my wife bought two broken Firebirds with no keys at an auction. I didn't even want them but one day got sick of looking at them so I got a locksmith to open them up and then managed to piece together one working machine with the parts from both. In any case, I have a box of all the unused parts if anyone every looking for something, I might have it.

It wasn't something I thought I wanted but honestly it has been a great way to get some use out of our old CDs and a nice conversation piece. It has also been rock-solid after I fixed it with no issues.

Also on the above topic, I just did mine in word in a simple format. They look good to me.

0827210837_HDR (resized).jpg0827210837_HDR (resized).jpg
    #24 2 years ago
    Quoted from killerrobots:

Just saw this topic and maybe eight years ago my wife bought two broken Firebirds with no keys at an auction. I didn't even want them but one day got sick of looking at them so I got a locksmith to open them up and then managed to piece together one working machine with the parts from both. In any case, I have a box of all the unused parts if anyone every looking for something, I might have it.
    It wasn't something I thought I wanted but honestly it has been a great way to get some use out of our old CDs and a nice conversation piece. It has also been rock-solid after I fixed it with no issues.
    Also on the above topic, I just did mine in word in a simple format. They look good to me.[quoted image]

Those look nice. I would be interested in parts. Whatcha got?

Chris

#25 2 years ago

I think I have just about everything but don't have the cabinet.

To be clear I don't want to get rid of them just to do it, I was keeping them in case mine every broke, but if someone had a specific part they needed to fix a machine I would check.

#26 2 years ago

Also on the above topic, I just did mine in word in a simple format. They look good to me.[quoted image]

Is your titlestrip mech working? I have the same jukebox and my titlestrip mech seems to be jammed up.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Is your titlestrip mech working? I have the same jukebox and my titlestrip mech seems to be jammed up.

I don't know what that is but if you send me a picture I can see if I have it.

#28 2 years ago

I think I have just about everything but don't have the cabinet.
    To be clear I don't want to get rid of them just to do it, I was keeping them in case mine every broke, but if someone had a specific part they needed to fix a machine I would check.

Ok sorry,, I misunderstood, but will remember that should I ever need a part

Chris

#29 2 years ago

Bought my Rock-Ola Lyric off an op years ago beautiful box sounds really good hooked up to my JBL ceiling speakers.

Also came across a HUO Rowe LaserStar which I have in my garage hooked up to JBL wall speakers. They both sound fantastic but I give the edge to the Rowe.

2E5A1EAD-B777-496E-94A7-C69809543E67 (resized).jpeg2E5A1EAD-B777-496E-94A7-C69809543E67 (resized).jpeg06218056-D333-4757-BD01-0768D550DAA1 (resized).jpeg06218056-D333-4757-BD01-0768D550DAA1 (resized).jpeg0CFF785B-0227-4E74-8D04-1A04D5FC30E8 (resized).jpeg0CFF785B-0227-4E74-8D04-1A04D5FC30E8 (resized).jpeg3D78F060-E798-4052-9E47-8D3512F5EBDE (resized).jpeg3D78F060-E798-4052-9E47-8D3512F5EBDE (resized).jpeg6D06D23E-9AAF-46A4-98BE-CE17459EC590 (resized).jpeg6D06D23E-9AAF-46A4-98BE-CE17459EC590 (resized).jpeg162C26E0-AAFA-4527-BCA8-AD2CE25A0AFA (resized).jpeg162C26E0-AAFA-4527-BCA8-AD2CE25A0AFA (resized).jpegE7B9D080-854E-4584-808F-AD1D4A79D02D (resized).jpegE7B9D080-854E-4584-808F-AD1D4A79D02D (resized).jpeg
    #30 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pintopia:

Bought my Rock-Ola Lyric off an op years ago beautiful box sounds really good hooked up to my JBL ceiling speakers.
    Also came across a HUO Rowe LaserStar which I have in my garage hooked up to JBL wall speakers. They both sound fantastic but I give the edge to the Rowe.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that Lyric is beautiful! I love how they made the CD jukebox resemble the old 45 style. Just a gorgeous machine.

Not knocking the MP3 boxes out there that people have, but part of the fun to me is the mechanical aspect of the box grabbing the CD and moving it to the player. Gives a much more tactile experience and I think it's what makes people enjoy it in the home environnment when they visit.

Chris

#31 2 years ago

+1 on that Lyric. Never seen one of those before, wow what a classy machine!

#32 2 years ago

NSM Firebird 2 that I got from another Pinsider.
    It's sitting on the brick fireplace ledge.
    I had no idea these things are so fng heavy!
    The Sony bookshelf speakers along with a Polk 10" sub sound really good.

20210828_203832 (resized).jpg20210828_203832 (resized).jpg
    #33 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

NSM Firebird 2 that I got from another Pinsider.
    It's sitting on the brick fireplace ledge.
    I had no idea these things are so fng heavy!
    The Sony bookshelf speakers along with a Polk 10" sub sound really good.[quoted image]

Nice! Where did you hook the sub up on the panel? I didn't see a spot for a sub on mine. Also, if you DO want to hang it on the wall, the door assembly and the CD title card mechanism remove VERY easily, eliminating about 100+ pounds from the weight in order to move it around. We almost died trying to hang mine before we realized that. LOL

Chris

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Where did you hook the sub up on the panel?

I used the speaker outputs, to the sub inputs, back out to the speakers from the sub. Sounds really good since the sub crossover filters out the low frequencies to the speakers that way.

3 months later
    #35 2 years ago

I’ve been looking for a cd wall mount jukebox for some time and haven’t had much luck with CL or FB marketplace
    Any suggestions of sites that would have good used ones for sale?

#36 2 years ago

I’d you don’t mind shipping, check with Manny Sosa on FB. He usually has them.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

I’d you don’t mind shipping, check with Manny Sosa on FB. He usually has them.

Thanks
    I spoke to manny, he has some

#38 2 years ago

I saw his prices are up. They were $800 last year.

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

I saw his prices are up. They were $800 last year.

Ya
    A little higher now

4 months later
    #40 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me what’s on the back of a Rowe CD wall mount jukebox?
    RCA plugs or just speaker wire jacks or both??
    Might buy one and want to know the speaker situation

#41 1 year ago

Speaker wire jacks. They’re on the top;
    Nothing on the back.

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

Speaker wire jacks. They’re on the top;
    Nothing on the back.

Do they come with remotes to adjust volume??
    Person who I might buy one from doesn’t have one that comes with it

#43 1 year ago

No they usually don’t. I know they are out there but don’t seem common.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

No they usually don’t. I know they are out there but don’t seem common.

How do you adjust the volume then?

#45 1 year ago

With a volume knob! Lol, it is on the bottom.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

With a volume knob! Lol, it is on the bottom.

Makes sense!!! Figured it had to be hidden somewhere do drunks in a bar couldn’t mess with it!

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from sudbeckrn:

Makes sense!!! Figured it had to be hidden somewhere do drunks in a bar couldn’t mess with it!

But they find it and do mess with it unless it's disconnected!

The Rowes have a knob/reject button and the NSM's have buttons on the bottom of the cabinet.

#48 1 year ago

My NSM Cosmic Burst has a remote.

#49 1 year ago

cdadapter.com has come up with a wireless remote for Rowe jukeboxes. It has very limited functions, but they work...

https://www.cdadapter.com

#50 1 year ago

It seems that most CD wall jukeboxes come without speakers.
    Can those wall jukeboxes be connected "easily" to home stereo system (with wires or with e.g. bluetooth) or are additional speakers absolutely needed?
    Any suggestions for cool speakers for a game room?

Any models that have inbuilt speakers?

Thanks for any info/comments!

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wall-mount-cd-jukebox-recommendations?hl=killerrobots and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.