Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56842615_2647135218693225_5414738782727438336_n (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200204-013208 (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

I know this probably sounds like a bad idea but have any of you ever removed the back legs of your pinball machine and somehow mounted it to the wall??

Crazy idea I know but I’d save about 5 1/2 inches and I know doesn’t sound like much but it makes the playing space more comfortable in the limited space I have. Just curious. Thanks

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stal8080:

I know this probably sounds like a bad idea but have any of you ever removed the back legs of your pinball machine and somehow mounted it to the wall??
    Crazy idea I know but I’d save about 5 1/2 inches and I know doesn’t sound like much but it makes the playing space more comfortable in the limited space I have. Just curious. Thanks

I have a client that has the back legs removed and the games are set on crates. He doesnt have the ceiling height on the exterior walls to have the legs on. Does make the games really floaty though. Playfield pitch is around 5 degrees.

#3 4 years ago

Years ago an arcade had the pins on a platform no legs on them. Can't nudge or anything. Look strange.

But might be an idea for you.

LTG : )

#4 4 years ago

I feel like if I did this and nudged the machine enough I would rip a hole in the drywall like the Kool-Aid Man.

#5 4 years ago

Don't know if this helps... Shorties on location.

Screenshot_20200204-013208 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200204-013208 (resized).png
    #6 4 years ago
    Quoted from kettchxxii:

Don't know if this helps... Shorties on location.[quoted image]

Nudge. Nudge. Crash!

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from mgpasman:

Nudge. Nudge. Crash!

Kinda sure that Steel U-Channel isn't going anywhere... Ever. Needed more space on the stage. Seems to work quite well...

56842615_2647135218693225_5414738782727438336_n (resized).jpg56842615_2647135218693225_5414738782727438336_n (resized).jpg
    #8 4 years ago
    Quoted from kettchxxii:

Kinda sure that Steel U-Channel isn't going anywhere... Ever. Needed more space on the stage. Seems to work quite well...[quoted image]

I think he was referring to it sliding off that "shelf" after enough nudging

#9 4 years ago

I like the idea of the mini legs. Thankfully I have access to the wall behind it to reinforce if need be. I could easily build a shelf with returns on all 3 sides with 4side being the wall, removing the issue of nudging off the shelf. Might just be able to make this work!

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I think he was referring to it sliding off that "shelf" after enough nudging

Runs the Length of the Back of the stage. Even Karl Level nudging hasn't caused any heartache.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from kettchxxii:

Care to share the lengths of the "Shorties"....thanks.

#12 4 years ago

I made them about a year ago. I want to say the U channel was about 19 inches off the ground and from there the it was just measuring the assembled pinball machine to try and get the right pitch... As you can see in the first picture, we needed the machines to be as far back as possible for bands and other events on the stage.

Stock Stern legs with the tops cut off and new leg bolts holes drilled. I was a little concerned about the angle of the legs being different in the back, but no issues.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from kettchxxii:

That is Scary.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wall-mount-back-of-cabinet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.