Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Torre
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Before I email Mezel mods, does any one have any experience with this mod. Just did the install, double checked the connectors. I have not put a meter to anything yet. No schematic for the mod came with it so I’m working blind here which I really dont want to do. Essentially it does nothing.

#3 3 years ago

Yes i had those directions and did the install accordingly.

#5 3 years ago

You know it only engages when the storage facility insert is lit, right?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

You know it only engages when the storage facility insert is lit, right?

yes, and I had the storage facility lit up for quite awhile.

#7 3 years ago

Ok, probably time to call the Mezel folks. Let us know how it works out.

#8 3 years ago

Just did some testing with a meter. I have continuity on all connectors. At node boards and the new control board. What I did discover is that with the game powered off I can rotate the servo motor back and forth but with the game on the servo motor cannot be moved either direction. Does this mean the board is telling it to go both directions at the same time? Only A guess but to me this would seem like something incorrect on the board. As the servo should only see power to it when active. When not active it should be able to be moved manually as if the game was off.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from EdHess:

Just did some testing with a meter. I have continuity on all connectors. At node boards and the new control board. What I did discover is that with the game powered off I can rotate the servo motor back and forth but with the game on the servo motor cannot be moved either direction. Does this mean the board is telling it to go both directions at the same time? Only A guess but to me this would seem like something incorrect on the board. As the servo should only see power to it when active. When not active it should be able to be moved manually as if the game was off.

Have you Tried reaching out to Mezel? They are always helpful and would help you figure this out. As you’ve been at this a week on a forum it seems like asking the Creator might be a smart next step.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Have you Tried reaching out to Mezel? They are always helpful and would help you figure this out. As you’ve been at this a week on a forum it seems like asking the Creator might be a smart next step.

They have been emailed 2x at the same times as my posts here. ONly posted here in the hope someone had the same issue and found a solution. Knowing now that the servo locks up when game is on is only telltale symptom i beleive that will help diagnosis.

#11 3 years ago

Is there a micro sd card on the board it kind of looks like it. If so have you tried to reseat it?

#12 3 years ago

Thought servos always return to center and yes I don’t think you can move them with power on.

#13 3 years ago

Mezel is having me send back the harness, board and servo for them to test.

4 weeks later
#14 3 years ago

So they sent me another board and another servo. Failed as well. I managed to find Tim that makes these for them He flat out told me he does not offer any tech support for these. Only thing he gave me of any value was pin 3 and 4 have to see 5v for 4 seconds to activate. Need to test the actual voltage going to those pins. I had asked mezel to test the parts this time prior to shipping but they said they could not. I have to wonder if anyone else has purchased this mod recently and if it worked for them? Will test this weekend. The amber led does flash constantly when machine is powered up. Otherwise I have nothing to go on to find the real problem. This sucks.

#15 3 years ago

I honestly don’t think they sold many of these. I assume Mezelmods will accept a return for a full refund - ?

#16 3 years ago

Digging a little deeper. I put 5v from pins 1 and 2 to3 and 4 for 5 seconds and stay puft moved. Testing the trigger wires from the led for Storage Facility Lit the wires only test at 2 volts even though the led lights up. So I have to find some choices for 5volts elsewhere that are not constant. I do realize the GI lighting although somewhat constant is 5 Volt. Any other suggestions for 5 volt triggers that stay on for at least 4 seconds?

#17 3 years ago

I have one and it works perfectly. Never had an issue

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I have one and it works perfectly. Never had an issue

I hear you. This one actually does now also. My problems appears to be the trigger output From an oem board to the stay puft board is not within the spec to trigger the unit. Ie, to low a voltage even though that low voltage still lights up its led inserts as its supposed to. Would think they would look dim but they dont. So its not the Mezel unit but one of the oem boards their jumper harness connects to. I undid that harness and made a jumper for pin 3 and 4 to trigger off the GI turning off and on instead. Works now. A short game saw stay puft walking a few times. Calling it a day with that!

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from EdHess:

I hear you. This one actually does now also. My problems appears to be the trigger output From an oem board to the stay puft board is not within the spec to trigger the unit. Ie, to low a voltage even though that low voltage still lights up its led inserts as its supposed to. Would think they would look dim but they dont. So its not the Mezel unit but one of the oem boards their jumper harness connects to. I undid that harness and made a jumper for pin 3 and 4 to trigger off the GI turning off and on instead. Works now. A short game saw stay puft walking a few times. Calling it a day with that!

GREAT mod.... Glad you got it going !!!

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from EdHess:

Congrats. Great mod if you can find one. Sounds like Mezel went above and beyond to help you find your issue. Hope to find one of these kits myself.

3 months later
#21 3 years ago

IMO, this mod is a fail in general. Although, it may be cool feature to have Stay Puft moving, there are two major issues with this mod. The first is the 3-D printed motor bracket is fragile. the legs will snap off of you're not careful. The second is the sticky to hold the swinging arm to the back of Stay Puft will not last so the arm will fall off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.95
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-stay-puft-mod-install-fail?hl=torre and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.