20230416_113635 (resized).jpg
LGXBOor (resized).png
Screenshot_20230322_094607_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_0142 (resized).jpeg
9fLUOLj - Imgur (resized).png
AA2A760C-B4CE-41F6-AC42-B431CBDBC4E0 (resized).jpeg
1BADCCF3-0941-4112-BCC7-9740E8C87A1C (resized).jpeg
6427B278-8D41-4C29-A7FB-6724BAB82DF9 (resized).jpeg

There are 298 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 1 year ago

Please add me. Thanks

#102 1 year ago

Update!

Made use of the helical gears, they indeed make the motion very smooth. Well, this was to be expected after WAY too many hours of me trying pretty much every thing possible, including herringbone gears (this crap is way too time consuming). I am happy with the way it turned out, and i hope you all will be too!

My goal is to make the install video tomorrow/the day after, i will update the first post whenever its uploaded

IMG_5713 (resized).pngIMG_5713 (resized).png

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

You are not late, but the wait time will be quite long though. I didnt expect this many people to be interested.

I've got nothing but time

#104 1 year ago

I would like to be placed on the list. Thank you

#105 1 year ago

Testing delt31 his assembly, will be going out the door in the coming week hopefully.

Slight delay with the install video, my university is starting back up again now that the xmas break is over, so dont expect much in the coming weeks. Basically what happened is i poured so much time into this whole walking puft thing, which now means i have fallen behind on some important university stuff

#106 1 year ago

Whenever this is ready, its going to be an awesome mod!

#107 1 year ago

First post has been updated with 2 videos that explain pretty much everything you need to know to get the mod up and running. Hope its not too complex to follow

#108 1 year ago

Awesome work! Please add me to the list.

EDIT: I see that I was already on your list. I guess I really want this mod.

#109 1 year ago

Ok, i added a manual to the first post as well, best of both worlds.

#110 1 year ago

How long until invoices go out lol

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

How long until invoices go out lol

Very soon..

I just sent the first one out. Making use of UPS so the package should arrive within 4 business days.

Also, there are some stroopwafels included delt31

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Very soon..
I just sent the first one out. Making use of UPS so the package should arrive within 4 business days.
Also, there are some stroopwafels included delt31

gotta love the stroopwafels

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

gotta love the stroopwafels

Will there be a stroopwafel add-on option?

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Will there be a stroopwafel add-on option?

They will be included with every walking puft kit that goes out the door

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Made use of a helical gear. It does reduce the stutter by a little, although, it doesnt remove it entirely. Hey, it is a tiny 9g servo after all. Good news is that when the flasher in puft lights up combined with the viewing distance it makes it pretty much unnoticeable.
Here is another video of the current mechanism:

As you can see, the moment pufts weight starts working against the servo, it stutters. This would be a simple fix if i could make use of a bigger servo, but im working with limited space here. It is what it is, and i cant say im not happy with the result .
Oh yeah, i have probably taken puft out of my game well over 15 times, so i had to build something more accessible

Very nice ... but I personally would have went with a pully / timing belt set up for durability

GREAT WORK!!!

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Very nice ... but I personally would have went with a pully / timing belt set up for durability
GREAT WORK!!!

Thanks!
All moving parts are printed using 80%+ infill, so they should last for a very long time. Although, i know durability is a big factor and that stuff can always break. If you have purchased one you get the STL files (3d printable files) upon request. That way you can simply replace a part IF it were to break.

#117 1 year ago

Just installed this..... have you allowed clearance for the typical orbit airball deflector sold on pinside which mounts as shown? Not sure how big your footprint is

20230112_115233 (resized).jpg20230112_115233 (resized).jpg

20230112_115248 (resized).jpg20230112_115248 (resized).jpg
#118 1 year ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Thanks!
All moving parts are printed using 80%+ infill, so they should last for a very long time. Although, i know durability is a big factor and that stuff can always break. If you have purchased one you get the STL files (3d printable files) upon request. That way you can simply replace a part IF it were to break.

Nice! Including files for replacements is a great idea for something like this
that could be subjected to a lot of wear and stress.

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Just installed this..... have you allowed clearance for the typical orbit airball deflector sold on pinside which mounts as shown? Not sure how big your footprint is
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great question, one thing is for sure, your puft wont be able to walk to the right. This means i am going to have to modify the software for you if it is installed.
One thing that is important is that the protector plastic above the art plastic (see screenshot) is not sticking over. The gears are about 2-3mm away from the art plastic, so that might be an issue. If its on par with the art plastic below, then you are completely fine.

EDIT: Being worked on.

XdRc9kg (resized).pngXdRc9kg (resized).png

#120 1 year ago

Update.

So, I sent the first mod out, well, that didnt really go as expected. I tried sending the package as a ''gift'', turns out its a lot more complex than that. The tax rules are so strict over here in the EU, that i need to get some documents cleared first. At this point i cant give you all an exact date on when i can start shipping these. Even though everything from the design to software is ready. Sadly the only option is to just wait

I did end up finding an alternative to get the first one to the US, but everyone else will have to wait until i have all my documents set and ready.

#121 1 year ago

In the meantime i had been talking with Morgoth00 about an airball guide that sits right next to puft in the back. I have successfully made my own version, which i will be making avaialable as an add-on for $10. Here is a picture of it installed:
image (1) (resized).pngimage (1) (resized).png
IMG_5814 (resized).jpgIMG_5814 (resized).jpg

I am also making target supports available. They go on the targets infront of the left ramp. These make it so that your targets will never sway too far to the left or right again, which has always annoyed me. Picture:
IMG_5815 (resized).jpgIMG_5815 (resized).jpg

I have come to the conclusion to make this sort of an upgrade kit, which will make your gb play very nicely.

If you are willing to buy a walking puft you now also have the option to add the following:
- 1x Air ball guide (+$10)
- 2x Target support (+$5)

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

In the meantime i had been talking with Morgoth00 about an airball guide that sits right next to puft in the back. I have successfully made my own version, which i will be making avaialable as an add-on for $10. Here is a picture of it installed:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I am also making target supports available. They go on the targets infront of the left ramp. These make it so that your targets will never sway too far to the left or right again, which has always annoyed me. Picture:
[quoted image]
I have come to the conclusion to make this sort of an upgrade kit, which will make your gb play very nicely.
If you are willing to buy a walking puft you now also have the option to add the following:
- 1x Air ball guide (+$10)
- 2x Target support (+$5)

Love this! Wondering how the air ball guide will hold up over time since it is 3d printed. Might buy 2 for a backup

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Love this! Wondering how the air ball guide will hold up over time since it is 3d printed. Might buy 2 for a backup

If it is made from PETG, should do fine. I will be adding it to my game, so time will tell.

#124 1 year ago

The one shown in the picture is printed with chameleon PLA, which is known for its shine and low brittleness. I am not sure about it yet, obviously PETG is a way safer choice, ill have to see what im going to do. As of now i have plunged about >150 balls and the print still looks the same. The ball also doesnt hit the structure every plunge, its about every 1 out 4 full strength plunges where it slightly hits the ceiling. Its not like sending a wreckingball flying at a building 24/7, although maybe a little

EDIT: I have PETG on order, luckily my printers temps support it, so will see what the results are.

EDIT 2: I got myself a hammer and just started hammering away at the piece, and to be fair, its not showing any wear at all. I am quite surprised..

#125 1 year ago

After some more fiddling around i came up with a better design for the air ball guide, it now has a 100% smooth success rate. The one in the posts before was too unreliable and would sometimes still let the ball rattle. Here is the new design:

AjXKxG2 (resized).pngAjXKxG2 (resized).png
#126 1 year ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

After some more fiddling around i came up with a better design for the air ball guide, it now has a 100% smooth success rate. The one in the posts before was too unreliable and would sometimes still let the ball rattle. Here is the new design:
[quoted image]

That looks great!

#127 1 year ago

Update time again,

I have got my purple PETG in and damn, getting it to print right was quite a struggle, but i think i have got it dialed in now. I can already see by some testing that it is a lot less brittle than PLA. This means i will be changing the moving parts (in the walking puft assembly) from PLA to PETG.

As for the air ball guide, i think PLA will do just fine. I have been through quite some iterations already. What the guide does is slightly correct the ball whenever it gets plunged too high up, this means it wont be taking the ball at full force. Also, this happens maybe every 1 out of 3 times with a full strenght plunge.

https://imgur.com/a/2G0Jlc2
(click on the link if you'd like to see some STL pictures of the REAL FINAL FINAL air ball guide)

#128 1 year ago

Put me onto the List also please.
Thanks

#129 1 year ago

I can’t explain how badly I want this!

#130 1 year ago

I am interested and would like to get on the list. Thanks!

#131 1 year ago

Please add me to the list! I definitely need one of these on my GB Pro.

#132 1 year ago

Sorry for being a little quiet the past couple of weeks, been just really busy with all sorts of stuff. Good news is that i will probably be able to get 5 of them out the door this week! My main concern (which made it take much longer than i would have liked) was to make it as durable as possible + reduce assembly time. Seems i have it figured out now.

Also made some adjustments to the air ball guide, it no longer is a flap that sits on the right screw. It turned into this:
ct9Xwma (resized).pngct9Xwma (resized).png
4F0u0Vd (resized).png4F0u0Vd (resized).png

The flap ended up being too inconsistent, the ball trajectory is so insanely hit and miss when coming off that shooter lane. One time it jumps up 2cm and next 2 plunges its 4cm, impossible to work with. The new one is the most consistent out of all, but will rarely still let the ball come to a full stop. Although, i have tested with and without, with is for sure an improvement! Oh, i forgot to mention that the air ball guide is made with PETG now too.

#133 1 year ago

Awesome - thanks for the progress update. Mr Puft, get ready to move!

Quoted from Pastor69:

Sorry for being a little quiet the past couple of weeks, been just really busy with all sorts of stuff. Good news is that i will probably be able to get 5 of them out the door this week! My main concern (which made it take much longer than i would have liked) was to make it as durable as possible + reduce assembly time. Seems i have it figured out now.
Also made some adjustments to the air ball guide, it no longer is a flap that sits on the right screw. It turned into this:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The flap ended up being too inconsistent, the ball trajectory is so insanely hit and miss when coming off that shooter lane. One time it jumps up 2cm and next 2 plunges its 4cm, impossible to work with. The new one is the most consistent out of all, but will rarely still let the ball come to a full stop. Although, i have tested with and without, with is for sure an improvement! Oh, i forgot to mention that the air ball guide is made with PETG now too.

#134 1 year ago

Final checks and some adjustments, plan is to get the first few out before friday

BE651CBD-2EEE-410A-AECB-0EB7B282F0E5 (resized).jpegBE651CBD-2EEE-410A-AECB-0EB7B282F0E5 (resized).jpegCC847D0E-5EA8-4CFD-A53D-74C33C063D43 (resized).jpegCC847D0E-5EA8-4CFD-A53D-74C33C063D43 (resized).jpeg
#135 1 year ago

I just got my ghostbusters pro so is this a better one than what Mezel mods has or is it the same.

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I just got my ghostbusters pro so is this a better one than what Mezel mods has or is it the same.

This the Mezel mod version hasn’t been made in years so until recently, there was no option.

This version has a controller that makes it walk at certain times. I don’t think the mezel version has that.

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I don't think they are making theirs anymore?

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I don't think they are making theirs anymore?

They are re releasing thier version soon .

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Ah well, in that case i might just do a limited run only.

#140 1 year ago

I also need the airball guide. Please add that to my order!

Thanks Martin

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Ah well, in that case i might just do a limited run only.

Please don’t stop. Yours has the controller which makes him walk more logically!

#142 1 year ago

I’m still in! Add the air ball guide for me as well.

#143 1 year ago

If I’m not too late can I please be added to the list for the whole kit. Definitely willing to wait for this great mod

#144 1 year ago

Please add the air ball guide and target supports to my order.

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Been telling people this for years now. Don't make anything a Limited Run, Sell this mod for as long as you feel like.

#146 1 year ago

Paid in Full

Very Excited

#147 1 year ago

Tomorrow theyre out the door! They look pretty cute not gonna lie..

A3D7E501-1C76-4DB5-94C1-4C20FDFDCA41 (resized).jpegA3D7E501-1C76-4DB5-94C1-4C20FDFDCA41 (resized).jpeg
#148 1 year ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Tomorrow theyre out the door! They look pretty cute not gonna lie..
[quoted image]

Nice work! Please add the airball protector to my order as well. I'm excited and patiently waiting to send you my money.

#149 1 year ago

80EE70E3-1CBB-4CEF-8BC0-2A42B0CEE4A0 (resized).jpeg80EE70E3-1CBB-4CEF-8BC0-2A42B0CEE4A0 (resized).jpeg
#150 1 year ago

I can’t wait for my stroop wafel!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
There are 298 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-mr-stay-puft/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.