Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giant-breast-woody-allen_l.jpg
Gary Stern with Santiago Ciuffos Pinball book.jpg
walking dead instructions.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Really? SIGN ME UP! Metallica is awesome!
I own 3 Borg games, so I'm sure I'll love this one, too.

Tron and IM are two of my all time favorite pins. Borg designed them both.

He also designed my least favorite pin that I've owned: XM.

No guarantees just because it's Borg.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I've seen some complaints about the ball being too much in the popbumpers. Basically that's the only place on the playfield where you can catch your breath as the rest of the game is fast, fast ,fast. The right loop shot goes through the pops into the loop, the left loop most of the time ends in the popbumpers, so no chance of looping that. Both ramp shots are very loopable and each rampshot has combo shots aligned to it.

This is consistent with what I posted before. Flow actually seems very good. Lots of people complaining about the pop bumper action, but like you said, that's about the only thing that ever even slows the ball down. Honestly, the last thing that I'm worried about is pop bumper action.

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The LE is going to play so much different than this game. I predict that the magnet in front of Wellverine will turn it into a very fun and unpredictable bash toy. Crossbow should be pretty cool as well. Would I have liked to have seen something cooler done with the jail? Absolutely, but I still think all the ingredients are there for a really fun pinball experience. I'm just damn glad Lyman is steering the ship on this one.

I agree, especially with your last sentence. I'll be honest, if it weren't for the fact that this is my most wanted theme and Lyman is doing the code, I'd be out.

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I agree. Everyone always talks about Stern's innovations in pinball. What innovations? Stern designs of the last 5 years are all pretty much fast and simple. Toys are sparse. There is nothing even remotely innovative (except for maybe color changing LED's) Mist multi-ball is in a 21 year old game. If Stern did that, they'd call it a super-premium and charge 9K for it.

This is a straw man argument if I've ever seen one.

"Everyone always talks about Stern's innovations in pinball"?! Really? Who here at Pinside is always talking about Stern's innovation in pinball??

Oh, never mind. I see that you said "everyone" so I guess that covers it.

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is this show known for its great acting or quotable characters?

No.

And I say that as a big fan of the show. There are some decent quotes in that Youtube video posted by Cleland, but still, the show is not known for a lot of great quotes, and acting is average.

This isn't Breaking Bad!

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Last complaint: Well Walker Zombie. That thing makes the Wolverine toy in X-men look cutting edge! Just plain bad.

Huh?

I'm not a fan of Wolverine, but the Well Walker looks to be much better than Wolverine. Wolverine was just plain bad. At least the Well Walker acts more like you would expect that character to act when being bashed with the ball. He rocks back like he is about to be cut in half...just like on the episode where he appeared.

How did bashing Wolverine make any sense again?

Edit: Rarehero beat me. lol

#205 9 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

It seems big & in the way. Looking forward to a play test. I want this pin to be good! Love the theme!

I agree that it does look big, but as long as it doesn't partially block a shot like Wolverine did on the LE, I'm fine with it.

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

There are plenty of posts about how the new Sterns make the B/W games look so "old" and "outdated". Really? How?

I agree with you that there are a lot of people who say that, so maybe we agree more than we disagree.

But what I do disagree with you about is your interpretation of that statement. Saying new Sterns make the B/W games look dated can be as simple as having LED lighting. That's not much innovation, and certainly doesn't equate to saying that "everyone is always talking about Sterns innovations in Pinball".

Virtually nobody that I know of says that.

Quoted from usandthem:

Sterns are largely fast and furious. That does make them fun. But, how about a little diversity?

I agree. And like you said, they did that with Avengers. That didn't work out very well as the majority of people here don't seem to like that pin. I very much appreciate the unique layout on that game.

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

If you watched the show, yes (I believe), there are TONS of quotable moments coming from some very tense and crazy evil scenes.

"Just look at the flowers".

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

But to me, Met or IM VE 'seem' to be better and are proven good.

Wait.

You are saying that MET or IM seem to be better than TWD based on watching a few minutes of *video* of bad players playing it on beta code where you can't even hear 90% of the sound?

Really?

If you had seen a video of IM under the exact same set of circumstances, you wouldn't have been excited about it either.

I would say with Stern, it's a 50:50 chance, could be good could be bad.

When Lyman is involved, it's much, much higher than 50% chance in my experience.

Simply put, Lyman has done the code on virtually all of my favorite DMD pins:

AFM

MM

MB

Tron LE

IM

AC/DC

MET

SM

(LOTR is also one of my all time favorites, and kudos to Keefer on doing the amazing rules on that one!)

So what has Lyman done the rules on that sucked? I know there are a lot of people who don't like Avatar, but I think it's a lot of fun and it's still on my Wish List. I owned BBH and I think that it is a truly underrated pin! BBH actually kicks ass! Tommy is also an underrated pin. He also did Rolling Stones and Stern's IJ, but I don't have more than a few plays on those to have much of an opinion on them.

Bottom line for me: Lyman doing the code means there's a 80-90% chance I'm going to really like the pin.

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

The only game I can think of that he worked on that didn't quite turn out right in the end is BDK. The game is fun, but certain things (like the modes all having the exact same shots, the bat gadgets way out of whack, etc) never really got finished up for one reason or another. It's still an above average game rulewise regardless.

Yeah, I'll give you BDK. It's the exception. When you add them all up though, the percentage of the pin being great when Lyman does the code is very high.

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I know you are trying to be argumentative which is fine

I stopped reading after that.

#278 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So you're in favor of Stern removing a $3 part from the pro like spinners so that it's less enjoyable thereby making the pro a less appealing pin.

That's one way of looking at it. The other way of looking at it is Stern is trying to create more of a difference between the two modes, and make the LE a more appealing pin vs the pro (which has less profit margin).

Don't care for it at all myself, but it's pretty obvious why they are doing it.

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Ironman (original) had slings on the 20v lines... It wasn't until Tron (I think?) Stern moved them to the 50v line and created the slings from hell. It makes sense that IM VE would have vastly neutered slings, as that would fit the spirit of the original.

Exactly. My original IM slings are very tame compared to the newer Sterns.

#314 9 years ago

#t=22

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 16.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-video-uploading?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.