Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giant-breast-woody-allen_l.jpg
Gary Stern with Santiago Ciuffos Pinball book.jpg
walking dead instructions.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

Has there been any confirmation: is there any dialogue from the show at all?

Confirmed a while ago. No dialog from the show.

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

That's a big downer... especially considering all the great possibilities

Is this show known for its great acting or quotable characters? I've only seen a few episodes...and it seemed like a lot of drama and exposition. Seems like for a pinball machine the action/blood/gore/zombie killing would be the focus, and lack of the TV show narrative wouldn't hurt the game.

But I dunno, I don't know the license that well. Personally, I think the best route for licensed audio packages is liberal use of show clips +1 or 2 custom voices (preferably actors from the license). This has worked well for Spider-Man (movie clips +J.K Simmons custom), Avatar (movie clips +Stephen Lang custom), Family Guy (show clips +Seth MacFarlane custom), Simpsons, LOTR and others. That being said - POTC used nothing from the films and turned out fine. Aside from a few complaints, I think most people like the voices/narrative used for the game. Certainly didn't hurt sales.

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Last complaint: Well Walker Zombie. That thing makes the Wolverine toy in X-men look cutting edge! Just plain bad. I'm thinking the honeymoon is over for me. Next!

Are you serious? Wolverine was a poorly mounted & poorly designed toy that can break easily from ball hits & blocks important shots or the ice ramp if it's mounted a millimeter off one way or the other. I'm not a fan of torso character bash toys, but the Well Walker absolutely addresses the issues with Wolverine and looks to be a much better design - and has a 'change state' as well (cut in half, exposing guts).

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Star Trek ....Keith Urban

For the record, Star Trek STILL does not have any country musicians featured! HOW DARE THEY! STEEERRRRNNN!!!!

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

There's a vast difference in general opinion of game rules when Lyman is the only guy vs when he is on a team. Stern had recently advertised the all-hands-on-deck team approach for software on all games going forward, so while most people claim this is Lyman's game, is that really the case as it was for Met and ACDC?

Not that we're there in the room or anything, but I would assume he's the lead & is offering his expert vision for what will be cool & fun. Collaboration is always good, though...and the fact that he doesn't have to program the entire thing on his own will be good & code updates shouldn't take as long as usual, IMO.

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

Its not even RGB from what I read....Its Red Green White .......which is odd.

Stern GI was never RGB...there are 3 zones. Usually white bulbs, red bulbs, blue bulbs. Avengers had green, red, blue. Inserts have "RGB" LEDs...they can change to any color.

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Slingshots were very snappy, which couldn't be said for the IMVE slingshots next to it. I like slings to be snappy.

All Stern games have slingshot strength settings now. It's possible that IM's could have been turned down, or due to TWD being still in development, they're just cranked to the max for one reason or another.

At the end of the day there's no reason either game's slings would feel different than the other.

#289 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Ironman (original) had slings on the 20v lines... It wasn't until Tron (I think?) Stern moved them to the 50v line and created the slings from hell. It makes sense that IM VE would have vastly neutered slings, as that would fit the spirit of the original.

Oh yeah...I just checked, it doesn't have the new sling strength settings. That being said, some people don't like the super hardcore slings due to airballs and other probs - and they can be adjusted down a bit. I imagine TWD is at the default super strong setting.

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Yeah I think ST was the first to have the adjustment, with the new MET code getting it as well.
So, a side question, is IM VE running the slings on the 20v line? Or is it on the 50v line with a throttled pulse time or something?

No idea...but it's pretty strong! I've dialed down my Met and ST so - they all seem about the same to me.

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I just realized who the voice actor is doing, we're being led through the game by George W. Bush ala Saturday Night Live.

LOL that's exactly what I thought while watching the video right now...well, the "W." stands for "Walker"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-video-uploading?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.